• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hydroxylapatite Version (OOC/SU)

What should be Kiyoshi's character's starter?

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Wow, you guys are all so morbid.

Adelle is just the average trainer I guess. She's grown up with a trainer for a father, so she cares for them. But the only way of catching she knows of is by weakening it and throwing a ball at it. d:

EDIT: So, there are no Hoothoots in this route, are there? D:

CyBeastSaber

I'M BACK!
Years

Adelle is just the average trainer I guess. She's grown up with a trainer for a father, so she cares for them. But the only way of catching she knows of is by weakening it and throwing a ball at it. d:

You and me both. xD Cy has never had one of his own, but his life has been around them so he also has an attachment of sorts to Pokemon. I'm sure Cy'd be plenty shocked from how a few people have been acting towards his beloved creatures. 8D

King!

better
Years
Well... There might be worse coming from her, especially when she meets her parents again. xD But yeah, I noticed that too - none of our characters are really....nice. Or at least, I don't think so. :P

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years

I'm like Tim Burton but with creatures you catch in metal balls. :3

Since you didn't catch anything on Route 29, you can go back and catch one.

So...are you guys too far ahead for a newcomer to catch up with? : D

Of course! Just send in your SU and you'll get Tyrogue. Oh, and I've seen how you post. Exempt for RP Sample.

----

UPDATES!

@King -

Shakes one time.... two times.... three times.... ping!

IT'S DEAD.

Congratulations! You got yourself a(n):

iaza19851211098300.gif

Spinarak

Insect/Dark, Lv. 3

'Quito Pinch: Insect Type; The user bites down on the foe just enough to break the skin. Doesn't do much damage, but there is a chance of posioning the opponet.
String Shot: Insect Type; The user shoots a thin but strong silk-like string. It doesn't do any damage, but the string is durable and sticky; so put it to good use to give you the upper hand.

Did you know Spinarak was portrayed as a purple creature in Gold/Silver even though its concept art always depicted it as green?

THE MORE YOU KNOW <3

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Yes, I know that. When I first saw the green spinarak, I was all like 'that ain't right.'

Anywho. I wnoder where the first contest hall is. I can't wait to have Tyler blow everyone that enters away with his superior talent and intelligence. :D

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
♦♦♦♦♦ Server 42.36.01: Massachusetts, USA; Saturday 8 May 1999 11:45:03 p.m. ♦♦♦♦♦
Welcome, <GUEST> !

TITLE%20FOR%20SIGNATURE_zpsffopszhs.png

ADVENT▓RE | [ ギアGAME INFORMATION ] | <,url=?>>ƧETTNGS
<script type=wondertrade_ost player> <data-config:バクフーンOfficialThemeSong.mp3 </script>

[
HEADER%20MULTIGENERATIONALSTORY_zpseqx6ocmp.png
]

POCKETMONSTERSARCADESCREEN_zpsgcimq90j.png

Emulation of Pocket Monster Arcade.
♦♦♦ 1962 - 1965 ♦♦♦
Before moving from its namesake and exploring other business ventures, the Nintendo Trading Card Company release the original Pocket Monster Collectible Cards. Only garnering a small cult following, production was slowed until new sets stopped being manufactured altogether.

♦♦♦ 1974 - 1976 ♦♦♦
Attempting to be unique during their prospects in video gaming, the idea was retooled into the coin-operated Pocket Monster Arcade; regarded as the first official title Nintendo ever released. A lesser-known variant of the game, Kimenacolor Monster !!, appeared on the Color-TV Game 15.

♦♦♦ 1977 - 1986 ♦♦♦
The Game & Watch is developed, the first containing Pocket Monsters: Portable Adventure. The systems were a smash hit and helped the game series overcome difficulty picking up steam in other countries. With the launching of the Nintendo Entertainment System and a strong series of core games, the company found itself focusing solely on expanding the franchise.​

PORTABLEADVENTURESCREEN_zpsdhzsqrrf.png

Initial demo of Portable Adventure.
♦♦♦ 1987 - 1988 ♦♦♦
Tiding fans with spin-offs such as Pocket Light Tennis and Pocket Monster Pinball, Nintendo simultaneously released the new Game Boy system along with Pocket Monsters: GOLD VERSION. During this time, conceptualization for the Wonder Trade began, after hearing complaints about the series losing its "spirit."

♦♦♦ 1989 ♦♦♦
The second-party collective known as Cable Club International was established to utilize the "Internet" to bring forth the world's first "Online Multiplayer Experience." GOLD VERSION's sales grew exponentially in response to advertising claiming future connectivity with the Wonder Trade project.

♦♦♦ 1990, PRESENT ♦♦♦

STANDBY%20AGGRON_zps3wlpf5al.png

Welcome to the Nintendo Trading Card Company's latest masterpiece. Celebrating nearly thirty years of captivating players, Pocket Monsters ushers in a new wave of technological achievement: The WONDER TRADE!

Nintendo has wasted zero time in utilizing the unique connective features of the recently invented "Internet" system to bring you the world's first "Online Multiplayer Experience" in brilliant technicolor. Weren't you tired of playing Pocket Monsters all by yourself?

Boasting rave reviews in the short time since its launch last February, the WONDER TRADE allows players to traverse the New World - a landscape never before seen in any previous titles; with loads of new characters and creatures to catch! During this fantastic journey, players may freely trade and battle with other trainers close to home or halfway across the world!

We hope you enjoy using our program and always strive to be the best there ever was!​

- Nintendo Trading Card Company, March 1990.​
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
t̕h͠e͞s͡y͏st͝e̡m̨auto͜mati̧ca͟lt̸hesy͡śt͏e͝m̀a̡utoma̕t͏ìc̕al͞ly͡us͠e̢s̨t͡he̷inher̷i̕tt͟hèsy̷st̵ema͝u̶tom̛ati̶ca̧llyuses͜th͘einh͝erit͟s̀yşt̴e̸mo̢ft͢h͢e͡
[ Record ] Friday 1 January 1993 09:04:10 p.m.
<危険なGEARS1> Sorry this is a bit messy
<危険なGEARS1> I had to overwrite the ENTIRE code of this page
<危険なGEARS1> JUST to stick in this​
script ugh lame i hate so much​
STANDBY%20LUNATONE_zpsuuzcgaai.png
<危険なGEARS1> But whatever, let me introduce myself. :)
<危険なGEARS1> I was one of the American beta testers on this game.
<危険なGEARS1> In fact, they programmed a character based on me!​
<危険なGEARS1> If you meet a strapping man named ADVENTURER TABERNACLE say hello. ;)
r̺̬͝o̵̷͙̼̪ļ͇̻̰̳̩̘͎̙l̸͖̹͎̭̝̩̯i̴̜̦͖̝̕n̴͙̪g͇͇̖̬̬d̢̻͈͎̱̦̼̺̞o͏̼̻̪̻̖͓̞͘͝w̫̬̤̠n͙̜t̛̩͙̩͕͓̪h̼̪͔̼̫͈͙̝͕̕e̴̴͉͎͔͙͢r̦͚͎̱͔̳̳í͎͖̣̯v̜͓̘̟͕̱̟̞̤ȩ͍̖͚̦͎͙̬̗͝r̲̤t̤̗͎̺̼͠r̵̯͔̖̬͟a̛̻͕c̠̟̬͖͙k͇͈̦̪͔̯͇͝e͍̠͙̫̞͉̹̫͘g̴͚̠̰͈̻̲g҉̣͈̮i̸̜̖͈̼ǹ̗͚͓̙̰̯̺̭̘g̶͖̗̞͢t̶̬̤̝͙h̼̗͠e̲̮̖̤͈͟r͡͏̙͓ẹ̣̰̫̺̬̣w̦͕̺̩̲͔͟ẹ̭͖̘͎̞͔̮r͙̤͙̲͖͔̣̪e̢͇̝̥̦̰͓͓̻ͅr̷͚̝̮̜̳ơ̢̜͉͈̱c͏҉͚͈ķ͓̫̤̩̜͍̹̕h̗̹̪͉͜͞ḛ̠͍͚̫̼̗̀͠ņ̴̹͝t̴̴͚̯͙͢h̷͍͓̬̬͚͔̲͘ͅe̮̞̫̳͔̯ͅy̶̛̯̞̹̣͓̹b҉̨͔̣͚͞e̖͎̳̘̩̼̯̺͘͢͝ģ̵͕à̲̥ṇ̵́̀t͏̹̩̪̪l͏̧̖̬͘

<危険なGEARS1> So for you and maybe your dumb friend you're trying to introduce this to --
B̨͟e͜a̵l̕e̡͘͡ ͞͡Ci̷͠p̶̀͜he̷͜r̛s̨͞҉ ̛͏-̴ I̧͘͟n̨̧͡ ̶̕͞1̢̛5͏͠, ͞a͠ ̧̡͠s҉̢ta͜i̴ǹ҉͠i̴rý a̶͡҉n̶d t҉͠hr̛̛̛é̕e e͜n̛҉͠ç̴̸rys͠҉͝agȩ͢s.͢ ͢͡
A̧̛c͟c̸o̴̵͢r̷d͠i͠n͢g̵ ͡t͠o̴ ͘t̴͢͠h̴e҉͡ ̡p̸̧a͞͠m̀ph̷́ĺ̶et̡,͟͝ ̸̨á͝r̴̸͟o͏̀u͜͠n̵̷d͜ ̶҉1̴͟͡8̸̶̨20̴ ҉ą̴ ͝m͏̢a̛n̷̶ ̨n̛͘ame͢d̕͠ ̢̀B̢͜e̛a̡̕l̢̀͡è ̢͡͞b̸u͜͟r̡i̷̷͏e͞d̕ ̷̕t͡wo̕͘ ̧͜͝w͝͠ag̢̛o҉n҉s-̶f̕͝u҉l͡l ̢ơf̨͢ ̴͠ţ̷ré̀a͢s̴͡͝ư͡re͡ ̢̨a̢̛͡t̛ ̢͡a͞ ̷s҉e͟c̸͝r̸et
l̕͏ó̵͜c̛҉a̕t҉͜͝i̛o̵͞n̶ ̕̕í͜͜n͝ ̵̧͞B͘ed͠f̴͢or͏͘d̸͠ ̴C̛o͟ún̛t͜y̴, ̡͠V̢͡į͠r̨̀g̡i̸n̢į́a͜.͝ ̸̡H͏e ́͡th̸e̵n̷͏ ̧̀͜l̀͠éf͏̷͢t̀͢ ̡͜[ivelostallmy]a҉ ̶̀͟s̕mą̴l͞l̶҉ ̡̨ļ̸ó̷͞c̶̡k̸ę͢͟d̵̴̴ b̢͢o̴͏̸x̴̵͠ ̵͠͞w҉̨̢įt̛h͘͡[/silver] ͟a̸͝ l͏͢o̧c͠àl͜ ͟iņ́͝ņ̀ke͏̢̛é͡͝p̶̴̧ę͡r,̨͞͞ ͠҉an͞d̕͟ ͡l͢͜e͞f͡t̶͜ ͞t̵͝o̕͠҉w̵͞n̕͞,̴̢͢ ͘͠͠n̴ev̸e̴͜͡r̵ ̧͝t̸͝o̕ ̛b́e͜ ҉̸​
<危険なGEARS1> The Wond▓▓er Trade was supposed to be Nintendo's perfect moneymaking cow

<危険なGEARS1> I'm sure everyone remembers how mu▓ch the game SUCKED

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
T̳̭͉h̛͉͉̞͉̥e̸͏̺̯ ͠҉̫̙̯̭̗̦͈̦̫c̡̠̦̬ͅa̢̹̫͍͢p̨̮̗̫ͅt͇̠͈͇̥̣͡͞u̶̖͉͉̳̘r̷̯̖̪̪̮e҉̺̭̫̀ ̤̭̱͚̥̫o̙̼̭͚̜͘͝f̰̟̱ ̷͚͇̘̱̤͙̦͍ͅṱ͖̮̳̼̥̳͔h̡̛͔̯͍͈̟̙̼̯ę̷͎̮͔̦́ ̲̠͓̺̩É̴̲̝͓͎̼͙̞n̶̡͍͓̙̳̲͡ḭ̡̙͚͖̳͍̻͈͞g͔̫̥͟͠m̭̙̼͔̰̕a̴̷̜̼͓͉̩̖̱̣ ̹͎͙̝ç̭̤o͍̤̮͕͡d̶͉͟e̷̛̬͓̥̪ ̦͈̭̱m͕͕̹̜̜̱͇̘à̷̜̳̼̦̪͕̖͠ͅḉ̤̗͎̠̼h̩i̳̳͉̣̘͈ń̜̜̺̘̙͕ͅe̸̛͉͈͇̺ ̛͉̠͕̦̼7̫̮̜̰̕0͔̝ͅ ̫̙͜͟ͅy͚̝̳̲̞̱e̴̢̟͍̱̮ą͚̩́r̨̝̜̻̱͉̦̻͓͟ś҉̭̜ ͕͖͕̦̳͓͕̮͕a̴̼͈̜͔ģ̱̙̝͇o̴̩ͅ ̩c̴͈͔̰̭̖h̶̛̛̟͙̥̼̬̜a̝̘͘n͍̦̥̟̩̳͚̝̦͜g͇̲̗̗̻͍̪͍e̸̛͓̦͖̬̣̬ͅd͓̯̼͉͝ ̘͔͢t҉͍̤̫̫̱̤̖̰h̸̥̳̺͇̕ͅe͜҉̟̝̮̗̜̹̬̝́ ̧̠̮̩̫̭͕͉c̸̵͖̠̦̞o̸̙͈u̴͙̝͝r̸̬̞̞̀̕ṣ̡̨̮͕̦̺̹̖é͞҉̳̻͙̟̮͖ ̜͍͉̟͚̜͞o͢҉̟̤̞̙̺ͅf̞̟̳̫̱͢͡ͅ ͠҉̱̞̱̗͎̬̀t̳̺͞h̛̗̣͉̯́̕e̬̙ ̰̱̘̫͓͝ͅs̪̘͙͙̣̹̼̺͜ͅe͓̳̠̙̹͙̜͘c̴̳̠̜͜o͘҉̧̮̮̝̻̞̘̜ń͉̦̣͢d̠̝̲̫̰̯ͅ ̳̪͜w͍̤̯̱o̸̸̗̗̩̦͇͟r̩̣̦͉̦̙l͓̯̪ͅd̢͔̥͝ͅ ̷̧̬͍w̛̛̻̭͘a̶̬͎͕̘̜̻̞ŕ͙̩̣̦̲.̴̹̙̥̥̬ ̷̢̤͖̘͉̣̘̥̬B̴̹͖̭̬̠̺u͇̲̳͙̰̩͢t̮̘̙̭̰͉͉̯́ͅ ͏̢̠̯̰̦͎̘̱͉͠t̸͕̭̲̠̦͉̙͘h̨̳͍̱̜̕͠ę͇̖͕̗̦͙͍͎͠ ̴̛̭̤͎̗̱͓̪s̡̖̳̺̝̫͙e͏͇̲̥̺c̷̙̳̫͢r̕͡҉̟̗̼̫̯e̷͈̫͡ͅṭ̨̦͕͉͕̘̻͕͜ ̨͕̮͓͔̳̣̫͘c͇̱̮o̮̗̟ͅd͎͇̟̻̝̱̬̹̻́e͏͔̞͔̼s̢̹̀ ̧̦̞͈̕b̸̩r̡͖̮͔̙̝̠̬̺͔ơ̡͈͇̙͉̺̗k̝̟̗͜e̛̙̬̱̖̝̬͟ͅņ͙̗̙̜̟͖͓ ̢̹̪̤ͅb͡҉̬̭̞y̡̡̹͙͍̥͔̬͖͉͜ ̝̪̠̩̹͚t̡̳́h̫̪̝̙̜͓̙̘̥͟i̸̳̭̮͙̪͘s̨̺̝̥̺ ̴̬̲̫̝̦̀e̢͏̣̳̬͝ͅṿ̶̞̰e̜̱͕̞̻ņ̢͓̼̲͓̝̣͎̩t̖̖̝̬ ̩̰͈̙̖̠̹̣w̴͞͏̫̩͈͚̳̩̭̥e͉̮͓̠̫̯͞r̷͙̬͕̗e̷̙͙͍̞̙ ̢̼̝͘͟n̶̳̺ǫ̢̯̻̥̻̹͇
t̶̜̻͢ ̬̬̭̻̘͙h̺̼̫͍͠i̡̦͎̠͘͝s̷̠̙̘͖̤͉̲̟͔t̝̲o̡̗͟r͖͓͚͎y̡̢̤͈͍̦̼̱'̶̲͞ͅs̢̱͔̻̼̪̥ ̵͚̜t̸̼͖̫̰͟o̢͍̬u̘̫̤̠̼͘͞͠ͅ▓▓t̴̴҉̱͈ ҉̮̮̦̟̺̟̜̰́c҉̶͇̤̳i҉͉̟͍̖p̴̩̜̠̣̤̫̩̼͝h̼̪͞ḙ̞͞r̸̨͎s͈̖̳͇̙̕.̧̗̳̖ ̡̯͔̕P̩̯̰̱͓̩̞͢l҉̧̤̙̠͖͇͍̩͇̬e̹̼̫̭̠̖͘͜͡ͅn͍͚̘̲̗t̼̞͇y̴͔̣̪͎̫̣ ̢͉̠͜ǫ̟̰̬̼̬̥f͍̮͍̜̮̳̀ ̖͝c̘͖̻̙͇͠ǫ͎̮̟̱̯ͅd͈̥̙ę͉̳̤̹̞̠̙s̨҉̼̦̖̤̭ ̘́a҉̧̦̩̳̭̻̭͍̪̺r̶̳͇̣̻̙e̛̦̲͇̭̞̤͟͠ ̻̙͎̪̗̠̙ṷ̧͖̟͖̥̩̲͓͘͟ń̟͟c̸̲r҉̨͏̜̬̝̱a͎̼͎͕̠̩̥͚̰͠c̵̶̥͙͕͍̖̥ḳ̫͟͟e̹̻̞̮̞͝d̶̜̝͉͍̮ ̬͉̝͙̱a̧̨̰͚̪̺͎̩̱̼ǹ̦̺̳̖̟͎̯̩͜͠d̘̰̼̫,͏̙̬̕ ̸͓̞̼̩͍̳̗a̧͕͠s̹͉̭̤̹̜͡͞ ̷̘̕M̘̠̗̰̠͈a͈̮̫̜̟̠̥̩ͅc͈̮̗̭G҉̧͉̙̤̘͍̻r̶̻̜̟̬͢e̷̮̬͔̹̯͝g͕̰̙̺͕͟o̟͔̕r̕҉̥̭̩̩͎͍ ͉C̵̨̞̭͚͍à̭͙͓̟͕ḿ̟͜p̶̹̦͜b̢̞̺̘̥̱̺̺͜ͅe̢͏̵̙͍͎̞̙l̺͕̯̤̠̗̝̫͢͟l̰̤͍̘̗ ̛̬͙̥͇̣̻̰̯d̢̹̰͖̥i̬̤͘s͚̲̫̹̗c̶̰͓̙̘͉̗͕̱̯o̬̞̹̺͔̘̭͔̗v̧̦͙ͅe̡̜̝͜r̷͕̱̘̬̫̯̳ͅṣ̷̻̙̠̯̜̗͍͢,̨̺̻̺́̀ ͈̺̬͜͢t̘̰̝̤̱̲͟͡h͜͏̛͚̭̼̤̤͙͉͍e̴̷̛̲̱̘̭i̡҉̜̻r҉̰͔̪̤̟ ̞̹̮̜͚̙ͅş͎̬͘o̳͇͔̙̥l̡̻̱͢u̧̜̼̲͇̣͎͜t̗̩͇͉̣̙͍͍͎́i҉̸̩̗̗̺͇o̴̵̠̳͕n̫͔̖̣ṣ̻͠ ҉̙̹̭͎͔̻͔m̵̶̙̱̻̰̹͉̯ḁ̶͈̩̝̬̳̳̖y̛̠̤͢͞ ̴̤̝̻͚p̸̡̠͔̝͟ṛ̵̠̠ơ͕̬̖͍̩̜̞͜v̸̴̩̘̼ͅị͔͔̘̞̩̜̥̜͠d҉̭̲̲e͏̜̝͕̲̻ ̷̨̻͍̠̯t̟̲̘̕h̟̝͢͝é̡̥̣ ͏̡̞̜͈͎͢k̛̛͓̞̣e̡͏̲̦́ͅy̨̛͎̕ ̯̻̱͈͎̜̠̯̦t̞͎̥̱̠̗͘ǫ̸̪͔̝̞̦͍͇ ̷͏̥̥̭̰̞m̸͖͉̮̫̹̜̗͝u̸͙̦̥͈̪ͅr҉̖̩͈̘̝d̜͕̺͕̜̠̥́ẹ̵͙̹̭͜r̡̨̫͍͚̗͉̖s͚͖̫̹̜̯͓̰ ̛̙͡ó̶̜̲̘͕̥͓̞ͅr͏̬͚̯̼̫̦̥̯ ̘̞̫̱̫e̳̝ͅv̵͍͔̮͙̪͡e̶̸̮̺͞n̡͙̠͈̩͖̖͎̕ ̵̨̦͕̞̜̫̮̹͈ ͈̩̪̜̼̩̬͈̖ṯ̫̣͚r̡͕͔̬͚͉͖͔è͙̜͚̮͙̝͠ḁ̵͍͖̣̖͡ș̣͓̹̟̼̯̼ư̰̪͉̳̖̘̱͝r̻̱̭e̜̪͟ͅ
<危険なGEARS1> I heard Nintendo went freaking bankrupt last April?!
STANDBY%20SOLROCK_zpsgkbcpiqa.png
危険なGEARS1> I love this series so much man
<危険なGEARS1> It was those dumbass coders from the Cable Club bullcrap company​
<危険なGEARS1>This pla▓▓▓▓ce is a damn mess because ▓▓they could▓▓▓▓n't code for ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓​
<危険なGEARS1> But I know a lot of you are still trying to play. <危険なGEARS1GEAR1GEAR1GEAR1​
GEAR1GEAR1GEAR1GEAR1GEAR1GEAR1GEAR1GEARS1> I broke into the administration panel so I can tell
<危険なGEARS1> I literally do nothing with my life so ...
<危険なGEARS1> I'm gonna try to make this game at least halfway functional for all y'all
<危険なGEARS1> And I got a lot of ideas to make it even harder, heheh.

<危険なGEARS1> Maybe this way, we can give Pocket Monsters a second life​
?,?,?©≈µ¥≤γ,?,?,?,?,?,?,?–‰∂¿∆≈¡µ†¥€≈» ,?,?

[ Record ] Saturday 8 May 1999 10:22:81 p.m.

<TRAINWRECK> Okay...I think I got this chatroom software to work...try to type something
<MUSH_ROOMY> Good to see your username reflects both your life and emotional status.
<TRAINWRECK> WE'RE TOTALLY DOING THE TALKING THING RIGHT NOW
<TRAINWRECK> I'll attach some conversation bits we have throughout this page
<TRAINWRECK> Just so we can keep track...any comments we have on this stuff
<WINENDINE?> i miss AIM
<TRAINWRECK> Well...at least I feel accomplished and that's what's important
<MUSH_ROOMY> Your "Gears" friend wasn't very eloquent in hacking, was he?
<WINENDINE?> he'd been working with nonfunctional code since 1993
<WINENDINE?> his hacked game was really good back when me and nancy played it
<TRAINWRECK> Bit of shame we couldn't see his work uninfected...
<MUSH_ROOMY> Just look at the way he formats his regular sentences !!
<MUSH_ROOMY> Horrific memetic corruption is no excuse for illiteracy.
<TRAINWRECK> ...Have you heard any word from Gears yet?
<WINENDINE?> i sent him a few more messages but i don't think hes even read them
<WINENDINE?> his profile has been active but that's because of the autoexec glitch
<TRAINWRECK> It's pretty eerie...seeing all those characters moving about...on their own...
<MUSH_ROOMY> I guess they're attracted to quest scripts and take steps to finish them.
<WINENDINE?> theyre just trainers on their pocket monster journeys
<TRAINWRECK> You're talking about them like they have thought...?
<WINENDINE?> its weird though they like they train their skills and sleep in beds at night
<MUSH_ROOMY> That's discomforting. Anyway -
<MUSH_ROOMY> Despite Gear's remedial English, he really changed up the game on this server.
<MUSH_ROOMY> I got into the Trading system and there's a lot of interesting work here.
<WINENDINE?> well lets scan this document first and see what else we can find
<MUSH_ROOMY> Perfect. The more familiar we get, the more we can control.
<MUSH_ROOMY> We have to kill these characters before they activate the ElectricSoldier Codes.​

[
HEADER%20MECHANICS_zpsntln5gqe.png
]

NEW%20FIRSTSTEPSINTOABRANDNEWWORLD%20PICTURE_zpshtcjaduf.png

♦♦♦ THE FIRST STEPS INTO A BRAND NEW WORLD ♦♦♦

Welcome to the NEW WORLD, a vast country on the edge of the Earth. Here many trainers find their true calling - whether that be collecting gym badges, participating in festivals, sleuthing out villainous individuals, or just getting a well-suited job and exploring the eclectic collection of locales. It's been said that it was founded on a wish made by the mythical monster Jirachi itself!

The game is played out in arcs called "BOOKS" participated by the whole server; new players may jump in any time after their account is authenticated. Each BOOK has (three) "ACTS," a sort of chapter that provide several miscellaneous "SCENES" or free-form quests that will shift and change based on what courses of actions the players take. The game was made to conform to the player's wants and their personal direction in-game ... so the more creative you are with your travels, the richer your adventure! Do what you'd like and make your own stories!

We at Nintendo love to hear about your journeys! So we made a feature that will post your outings onto your server's "ADVENTURE" page. In addition to hosting a record of uncovered locations and a list of online players, it updates with personalized novelizations of what you do in the game between saving. As such, these "logs" or "posts" will be officially called "SAVES." Some, if not most challenges require you use an exact amount of SAVES to further challenge you.

If there comes a time when two players are actively interacting with each other, there will be a circumstance called "joint-posting." We insist you communicate with other players! In this case, the interaction should be conjointly posted in one SAVE. If two players wish the battle one another, they may do so - they decide who wins on their own, but for some climatic battles the MAINFRAME (explained in rules section) will decide based on performance.

♦♦♦ EVENT SCREENS AND SILHOUETTED TRAINERS ♦♦♦

STANDBY%20ROCKETSANDSILHOUETTE_zpsm078vuq0.png

You're bound to face many different challenges and uncover several locations along the way, but before each one you'll be brought to an "EVENT SCREEN. " For example, engaging in a battle will trigger a screen detailing the trainer, their monsters, and subsequent results of winning or losing the fight. Likewise, story or random events will be shown in this way and your character must react forthwith then yield the consequences of their actions.

If you're about to battle and the trainer's sprite looks like a silhouette, it is simply a spot for an "INTERPRETATIVE TRAINER" battle. This set battle can be against any non-player controlled character you so choose that's appropriate to the current setting you're playing in.​

[ Record ] Saturday 8 May 1999 10:25:06 p.m.

<WINENDINE?> so i literally broke everything on my way to do this but
<WINENDINE?> i was able to reset the server to chapter one to buy us time
<TRAINWRECK> GUYS I WAS CHECKING THROUGH OLD MODERATOR PROFILES
<TRAINWRECK> AND ONE WAS SO BROKEN IT POPPED UP A MAP EDITOR.​

[
HEADER%20AWILDMONSTERAPPEARS_zpszpk7jpkm.png
]

NEW%20AWILDMONSTERAPPEARED%20PICTURE_zpssvm9e73z.png

♦♦♦ TYPES ♦♦♦

Every monster has a dual-typing that gives them access to (two) kinds of powers. No type is super-effective against another, so you'll have to get creative with your strategy! The same species can vary in type so you can find one that fits your party. Scroll over the symbol to find out its name!​

SYMBOL%20AURA_zpssejiuvbp.png

Monsters who've unlocked the hidden potential of the soul and have command of the subconscious mind, ethereal world, and the cold vastness of space.

SYMBOL%20BEAST_zpsekivdona.png

These monsters have mastered the mortal element. They have complete control of the tangible, physical energies that root from their primal instincts.​
SYMBOL%20HYDROUS_zpsi226dvlo.png

Whether filtered or unpurified, these monsters are typically found around watery areas ready to soak any opponent who crosses their path!

SYMBOL%20LIGHT_zpsxnxc2bvn.png

If you can shield your eyes from their shining brilliance, you'll notice their astounding aptitude to bend light rays and even create lightning!​
SYMBOL%20MINERAL_zpscplwmuhi.png

Because of their oneness with the rigid side of the planet, you'll need some strong attacks to pierce through their defenses!

SYMBOL%20MYTH_zpsxdv0zzxn.png

Magic does exist after all! The kinds of extraordinary powers these monsters wield feels like it came straight out of a fairytale book!​
SYMBOL%20NATURE_zps2hmjzh7p.png

Watch out for trainers using this type of monster – the boundless powers of the earth are unlimited, and these ones find use in the ecosystem itself!

SYMBOL%20SOUND_zpsaz9mogb0.png

Tough fighters who've perfected the art of manipulating the airwaves. They're have niche talents that might give you the edge in battle!​
SYMBOL%20TEMPERATURE_zpsb8m6dasp.png

These odd creatures have the remarkable talent for changing the climate and surrounding temperature to their liking. Watch out for a strange battle!

SYMBOL%20VILE_zps2qiauquv.png

There's some bad blood running through these guys! They can utilize all kinds of dastardly energies ranging from disease to pure darkness itself!​
SYMBOL%20WORLD_zpssz5vxta8.png

A type of monster that's well-adapted to the domesticated world with a variety of interesting moves – some of these critters are even artificial!

SYMBOL%20GLITCH_zpsgzispmyt.png

<TRAINWRECK> Broken moves or monsters that cause strange or unintended effects. This type leaked into the system through corrupted data.​
♦♦♦ PARTY CAPACITY, WILD CAPTURE, AND RANKINGS ♦♦♦

Capturing new monsters is as simple as encountering one and weakening it until you're ready to throw a CAPSULEBALL! An EVENT SCREEN will show if you're successful or if any other strange occurrences are caused by your attempt! You are allotted (three) party slots for monsters with no provided box system to store additional ones. You can't outright release any of them unless you WONDER TRADE or capture another monster in the wild when your party slots are full - where you'll be prompted to release one. If you choose not to, the filled monster's ball will be added into your ITEMS pocket and be unusable for battles.

The might of each individual monster is judged and ascribed a "ranking." The more it's groomed and participates in battles, the higher its ranking becomes! As they grow, monsters will tend to have better moves, more endurance, and possibly evolve into stronger versions of their species!

Facing a monster of a particular rank will always cost a certain percentage of HP to be lost even when you win the battle or the opponent is caught. If only one monster faces the opponent, they'll take all of the damage. But if you switch out monsters during a battle, they'll share the damage! If you engage in a battle and do not have enough HP to clear the challenge, you automatically lose.​

RANK%201%20IMAGE_zpshe5hiqky.png

45% health capacity
Depletes 10% of health upon win
RANK%202%20IMAGE_zpsmzbvcytv.png

60% health capacity
Depletes 20% of health upon win
RANK%203%20IMAGE_zpsqefkzcda.png

75% health capacity
Depletes 30% of health upon win
RANK%204%20IMAGE_zpsnujwiuag.png

90% health capacity
Depletes 40% of health upon win
RANK%205%20IMAGE_zpsbwqs2zf7.png

100% health capacity
Depletes 50% of health upon win

[ Record ] Saturday 8 May 1999 10:27:40 p.m.

<MUSH_ROOMY> This listing fails to mention the "LEGEND" Rank.
<MUSH_ROOMY> Which is exclusive to high-level NPCs and unobtainable "legendary" monsters.
<MUSH_ROOMY> Fighting one depletes 100% of health upon winning.

♦♦♦ THE WONDER TRADE AND ITS "PERKS!" ♦♦♦

STANDBY%20TOGEPIANDELEKIDTRADE_zpsgotw4bzd.png
Instead of drudging through your journey to catch 'em all alone, you can swap monsters instantly with people from all over the world! The only restriction is that you carry your new monster for at least (two) SAVES before being able to replace it by any means, as to prevent massive overload of the system. Besides, give you two a chance to bond!

Through rigorous beta testing, we discovered some people abused our service and continuously traded less than desirable monsters in hopes that they would reap the benefits of all those honest trainers sending out good ones! To combat this, when a monster is submitted into the Wonder Trade or caught in the wild it is analyzed and given a special "perk" - an additional ability that will help you on your travels!​

[ Record ] Saturday 8 May 1999 10:30:01 p.m.

<危険なGEARS1> OKay So !
<危険なGEARS1> I deleted every single perk that existed before I got herE
<危険なGEARS1> AnD replaCed them with ones that will make your adventure -- shall I say ... ?
<危険なGEARS1> a bit more dangeroUS?!​
<危険なGEARS1> Pocket Monsters are your only means of play
<危険なGEARS1> I thought it would be AWeSOmE if they had these terrible hindering PErks​
<危険なGEARS1> to give y'all a challenge since the WonderTrade doesn't work correctly ;3

<WINENDINE?> i was able to salvage this from my inbox
<MUSH_ROOMY> This is the most broken and haphazardly made code I've ever seen.
<MUSH_ROOMY> It's the digital version of a malnourished man ripped apart by a bear.
<MUSH_ROOMY> This "WONDER TRADE" will sporadically trade your monsters for sometimes nothing.
<MUSH_ROOMY> Also, there's an unspecified twelfth glitch type running around.
<TRAINWRECK> I added it to the chart...so we could keep track of it
<WINENDINE?> TRAIN likes to keep TRACK of things
<TRAINWRECK> ...I hate you​

[
HEADER%20GETTINGTOKNOWYOURSELF_zps2sidcd4h.png
]

NEW%20GETTINGTOKNOWYOURSELF%20PICTURE_zpsvieyhxps.png

♦♦♦ HAVE UP TO TWO CHARACTERS! ♦♦♦

Each player account is permitted up to (two) save files at once. These can either be used to create separate characters or to give your first character a travelling companion! A companion is subjected to all the same rules as a regular player. If you feel like starting out alone, you can always make them any time you'd like! If something goes wrong with the characters in your account and they become unusable, you're free to create another free of charge.

♦♦♦ YOUR BOX OF TRINKETS ♦♦♦

Every character is equipped with an intriguing Game Boy-like device. It acts as many different useful things such as an Encyclopedia of Monsters, a working mobile phone with instant messaging features, a digital notepad, a status screen monitoring your monsters, and of course how you access the WONDER TRADE!

It'll take up an ITEMS slot, which you have (five) of. Every item takes up (one) slot: this includes SECRETPOTIONS, CAPSULEBALLS, BIKES, and any other item you might think of needing. Several shops around the country will provide many different selections to choose from - find a grouping that best suits you!

♦♦♦ CREATE AN ACCOUNT ♦♦♦

Submit a form for every character you'd like to currently attribute to your account.
Scroll over topics for further elaboration on how to fill the field.

TRAINER CLASS/NAME: [__________]

AGE/GENDER/APPEARANCE: [__________]

HISTORY/PERSONALITY: [__________]

LIFE ASPIRATION: [__________]

ETCETERA: [__________]

STARTING OPTIONS: [__________]

LITERACY CHECKER: [__________]

KEYCODE: [__________]

[ Record ] Saturday 8 May 1999 10:34:42 p.m.

<MUSH_ROOMY> What, exactly, is this "autoexec" thing you guys keep mentioning ??
<TRAINWRECK> The game is so corrupted now...internal coding is smashing into each other
<TRAINWRECK> ...It created this "auto-execution" process that infected old player accounts...
<WINENDINE?> the electricsoldier codes will activate upon beating the storyline
<WINENDINE?> but the characters wouldnt know any better than to not pursue their goals
<MUSH_ROOMY> Why don't just delete the player accounts ??
<TRAINWRECK> I tried doing that yesterday...I actually FRIED a school computer
<TRAINWRECK> Like it made a bunch of high-pitched noises and then caught ablaze...
<TRAINWRECK> I owe a lot of money now...
<WINENDINE?> if the game glitches on you hard enough you can always log-out/log-back-in
<WINENDINE?> but the log-out function wont properly work for these infected characters
<WINENDINE?> if they glitch out too hard they'll essentially be killed
<MUSH_ROOMY> Sounds like our best bet.​

[
HEADER%20RULESOFTHEROAD_zps8im59jvx.png
]

NEW%20RULESOFTHEROAD%20PICTURE_zpsnzy7ttl9.png

1. All previously stated rules that were agreed upon in the TERMS AND CONDITIONS are still relevant.
2. This game was intended for a Mature-acting audience, so please no excessive derogatory behavior!
3. Computing decisions and characters not already controlled by other players will be controlled by the MAINFRAME, an AI acting through [ THIS ] account! All decisions made by the MAINFRAME are permanent, and has the power to close sign-up registration if it feels the server is starting to get overloaded. If you have any pressing questions or concerns, either ask them through the SERVER CHATROOM on this page or send a private message to the MAINFRAME's account - it will be forwarded to an active administrator.
4. Use of cheating devices are not tolerated - any account that implements them to "GodMod" or play with another user's characters without their permission will be locked out of their WONDER TRADE account.
5. The WONDER TRADE is meant to be a regularly updated experience. Severe inactivity of your account will cause you to automatically log-out. If you expect to be away from the game for any period of time, please send a message to the MAINFRAME's account or post in the SERVER CHATROOM on this page.
6. All sprite credits are listed [ HERE ] and should be acknowledged.
7. Personal subplots are highly encouraged and accommodated, but any that obtrusively or maliciously derail the main plot will be acknowledge and dealt with. If anyone is curious about how to fill in the last field of the account registration, you simply need to enter a code that has not been used by any other member that has registered or is pending that contains random two numbers, five capital letters, and the name of a pink or green colored pocket monster.
8. This game was meant to be fun above all else!

[
HEADER%20SERVERCHATROOM_zpsy4xtdcbm.png
]

[ Record ] Saturday 8 May 1999 10:39:22 p.m.

<MUSH_ROOMY> I never thought I would have temptation to boil my computer out of frustration.
<MUSH_ROOMY> But I think this broken piece of trash we're calling a game has moved me.
<WINENDINE?> i have an idea
<WINENDINE?> well see all the infected profiles if we get that adventure page working
<WINENDINE?> i used to check myself on it way back when
<TRAINWRECK> ...In the meantime, I was thinking about doing...virus scans?
<MUSH_ROOMY> That sounds like a good enough idea for now.
<MUSH_ROOMY> The Adventure page might be too far gone even if we scrounge it up.
<WINENDINE?> my admin panel has a record of the newest made profiles
<TRAINWRECK> It would make a lot of sense...the corruption would hit those first
<WINENDINE?> i'll post separate profiles on here and you can scan them!
<TRAINWRECK> That'd be great...
<TRAINWRECK> If the profile is INFECTED...the character is alive and playing the game
<TRAINWRECK> If it's placed in QUARANTINE...the antivirus found its data incomplete
<MUSH_ROOMY> You two have fun with that.
<MUSH_ROOMY> I'm going to toy with Gear's monster creation software some more.
<MUSH_ROOMY> If you hear screams of unholy raging agony, ignore them.
<MUSH_ROOMY> It's just me drinking acid to numb the pain of getting caught up in this.
<TRAINWRECK> ...Understandable
<WINENDINE?> if any of us have questions about the game can we post them here?
<WINENDINE?> i mean you guys are the computer experts i just know how to toy with the system
<TRAINWRECK> Yeah sure....could you start posting those profiles? I'm getting anxious...​

© '62 - '90 Nintendo Trading Card Company
© '89 - '90 Cable Club International​

Last edited:

King!

better
Years
UNGH! OH YEAH! SPINARAK! Now we can actually get somewhere! ^_^ except for, ya' know, the fact that she kicked it in the face...

I'll be headed for Cherrygrove shortly, I think. :3

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2012
Name: Riley Shorebird

Appearance:

Riley, or Rile as his friends call him, is of average height and build, though he is a bit on the skinny side. His hair is a mess of unruly black locks and tangled spikes, looking as though it hasn't been properly brushed in ages. His eyes are ash gray, cool and dimmed except for the tiny spark of intelligence behind them that quickly disappears when he looks away. His clothing varies wildly, as though he simply throws together 'whatever works'. For his journey, though, his mother has put together something decent: a slightly blue gray and white light jacket with hood, permanently unzipped, over a navy blue T-shirt. The popular Pokéball insignias are emblazoned in white on the gray part of his jacket, just above the black Pokéball holder belt (currently empty) strapped on his waist. Riley's mother has thrown in a pair of white jeans she found buried somewhere in his closet and some brand new sneakers (navy, white at the edges and soles, white shoelaces and lining), because, as she put it, 'he's certainly going to have to walk a lot'. Finally, she threw him a dark blue, almost black, and gray cap (the cheap kind, the one every single kid out there has, only in different colors) to keep the sun out of his eyes.

History:

Rile's elementary school grades were quite horrible, to tell the truth. He constantly barely missed repeating a grade. But miraculously, he always scraped a pass, getting into a mediocre middle school, and then high school. The entire time, though, he never failed a single assignment: he only did them very, very poorly. He never took an active role in discussions, and participated very little in class, so teachers often had nothing to say about him. His parents have their suspicions about him, though, especially after he scored surprisingly well in a math exam (which has, by far, been one of his worst subjects) at the end of the year, when he had been on the brink of failing the subject. Another doubtful thing is how his close friends keep pestering him to help them with their homework, despite knowing about his academic failure.

Rile, on the other hand, doesn't really care. School has always been just a bore to him, and he sees no reason to bother, especially since he knows he'll eventually set out on a journey to become a Pokémon breeder someday. And as far as he knew, you needed no specific qualifications to become a breeder (except basic breeding skills, of course; then again, Rile has always been more interested in the care and raising part, rather than the actual breeding one). There are really just two things he's interested in: Pokémon and cooking. The two are often intertwined, seeing has how the majority of the 'food' he cooks is for Pokémon. His life has been pretty much uneventful, and, as far as he's concerned, boring. Two days after graduating high school, Rile decided it was as good a time as any to start his all-teenager must-have, life-changing Pokémon journey.

Personality:

Rile is not only lazy, as most people call him, but unmotivated. He feels no urge to participate, to discover, or to better himself. It's like he simply possesses no enthusiasm or natural curiosity; like he is satisfied with whatever he has. His teachers say he lacks ambition. But everyone knows that you'll never improve if you content yourself with what you have, ­which, for Rile, doesn't seem to be a lot.

But Rile isn't stupid. He knows what they think of him: halfhearted, uncommitted. And he thinks it's true; he simply doesn't feel any desire to learn more when his companion's rant is cut off and he needs to rush away: it was none of his business, and he should feel grateful that his friend confided in him in the first place. He's certain he won't enjoy this sport, even if he hasn't tried it¡--he knows himself better than that. He doesn't dream of being Gym Leader or Champion of the Pokémon League, like all these adults seem to think all children do; he knows he would dislike the extra attention those titles would bring. After all, who would want to have reporters telling the world about what he wore or what he ate for supper last Sunday? He's read enough dreary articles concerning celebrities' private lives¡--which other people had no right to know, anyhow--to spare those who would come after him the pain.

They think he shows no excitement, even when it comes to his passions: mainly, Pokémon. But Rile knows, and he knows that only his best friend can tell when the uninterested, dull look is gone and when, behind his dim eyes, there is a spark of life, and that only he can catch the quiet glimmer of interest that shows briefly, and then is gone with the next blink of an eye.

However, Rile does laze around often, and sometimes not only because he has nothing better to do than lie on his back and watch the clouds drift. He finds schoolwork tedious, and some days he feels like giving up altogether, because he's the only one that sees that there's no point in it--but dropping out of school would disappoint his parents greatly, so he perseveres and hangs in there¡...but just barely. His friends accuse him of pretending to be stupid. But he's not, not really, because even when he does make an effort, it's hard, because when the material is this boring, he can't concentrate on it properly. He is smart, he's simply not wanted to for so long that he's nearly forgotten how to.

Rile enjoys deadpan humor and sarcasm, and likes making snarky comments, which often earn him a bonk on the head. He complains a lot, because he likes to poke holes in theories and ideas, which also earns him a bonk on the head. He thinks logically, but he fully admits that in a world full of creatures that can breathe fire, water, and balls of energy, logic has its limits. He thinks imagination is worth just as much as pure fact; after all, it takes the same amount of effort to memorize something you've made up and something you haven't.

Aspiration: Breeder

Choice: Tyrogue

Password: Glasses

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
Good Posts, Nideous and Roserade. :3

@Roserade -

A strange nutty smell wafts in your direction. Looking up, a small acorn falls at you from the tree. Upon examination, it looks like it's tinted a brilliant golden color and smells like delicious peanut butter.

Grillo Acorn
A tasty treat to feed a Pokemon. It fully heals them and gives them a full belly. They're the most precious food to find for breeders, because they're packed with vitamins and minerals necessary for a growing Pocket Monster.

For some reason, it feels as if the Spinarak is appreciative that you gave it a proper burial. At least you did as much.

@Neiko Star - HOLY NINJA'D!

Brb, analyzing SU.​

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2012
Whee! : D I don't really know what I wrote. I just started and then blablablablabla...that happens often. Oh, and I noticed that there's a typo in your sig! D:

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
Whee! : D I don't really know what I wrote. I just started and then blablablablabla...that happens often. Oh, and I noticed that there's a typo in your sig! D:

You're accepted! yay! We have an entire group of douchebags!

<3

WHERE. WHERE. TELL ME WHERE. WHERE. GAH.

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2012
Whoopsies. There's no typo after all. There's just an inexplicable space between Flannig and an so...sorry. XD

YAY DOUCHEBAGS

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
Seriously! Think about it!

Amanda = Begrudging Douchebag. (who's RP'er literally states in their SU that they're a douchebag.)
Witthoefft = Raging Greenpeace Douchebag.
Tyler = Judgmental and Snobby Douchebag.
Ivan = Stole an egg for its parents. Douchebag.
Adelle = Apathetic Douchebag.
Chris = Cold and Overly-Confrontational Douchebag.
Danielle = Bratty Doucebag.
Cy = Wimpy and Gynophobic Douchebag.
Riley = Lazy and Unmotivated Douchebag.

WE ARE ALL SO AMAZING <3

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2012
I'm pretty sure Gary's rich, since he drove around a red convertible at the age of ten.

AND GAH. KIYOSHI. TOO MANY DIFFERENT CHOICES. YOU KILL ME.

No seriously if this was a role-playing video I'd restart it hundreds of times to see all the different possibilities offered.

Back