• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Spiky's DS Map Editor (NOW OPEN-SOURCE)

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2019
I have a small update for you. I've added a "2D Mode" to the 3D renderer so you can see how the map looks from the top, just like with the move permissions. I may use it as a background for the permission and building editors, but I can't right now because I have some issues with alpha channel. This is how it looks like:

2dmode.png

YORAMRW

8-bit producer & Pokémon GB music hacker
Years
Yep, looks like a bug...(unless Spiky didn't know about it)(needs FIX)

Pike15: You need to export with textures by the 3DView on Spiky's tool.
Then import it on Sketchup and click no to triangulate polygons/and yes to flip xyz.
Also click dont ignore materials.

I have the same problem with the camera:
I changed the camera angle to 14 (Little Dwarfs In A World Of Giants), I saved, loaded the ROM, nothin' happened. I hope Spiky read this, because its a really annoying bug.

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2019
I have the same problem with the camera:
I changed the camera angle to 14 (Little Dwarfs In A World Of Giants), I saved, loaded the ROM, nothin' happened. I hope Spiky read this, because its a really annoying bug.

Does the ROM save correctly? I mean, if you edit maps or matrices, are they saved? It's important to know because I've been messing around with the ROM saving code, and it looks like it isn't fixed, so maybe there's a bug in the header saving code.

VERGUNDAI

RomHacker, Unity 3D Maker
Years
Does the ROM save correctly? I mean, if you edit maps or matrices, are they saved? It's important to know because I've been messing around with the ROM saving code, and it looks like it isn't fixed, so maybe there's a bug in the header saving code.

The saving is okay I think, because mines didn't save when I clicked saved, but when I waited after saving it saved correctly.

YORAMRW

8-bit producer & Pokémon GB music hacker
Years
Yes, use MKDS, extract the map with "Export 3d model" in Spiky's Ds map and open it with MKDS
after do right click and Show textures... done!

P.S= Spiky can you in the next version deepen the event editor?
In wich map, the warps in wich place ecc...
Also the overworlds
Please =)
Ah, can you do the tools that edit the texture in the place?

Bye,
XxBestOnXx

Thanks! I already have discovered this!

VERGUNDAI

Years
For some reason building tileset won't show up in the tileset editor, is this a bug or did spiky not release this yet?

On the video I saw building texture in tileset editor.

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2019
For some reason building tileset won't show up in the tileset editor, is this a bug or did spiky not release this yet?

On the video I saw building texture in tileset editor.

Hehehe, you've caught me. The video shows the beta of SDSME 1.6.0, and one of the features is building tileset support. There will also be a trainer editor and text saving.

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2019
Awesome, I was wondering if you could implement G3DCVTR into the tool to enable the use of importing IMD's to nsbmd.

I had that in mind for a future version, but it won't happen yet because I'm not sure about which would be the best way to do it. The easiest would be to tell the user to copy it to a folder the tool can read it from, but I've also thought of embedding it into SDSME. The latter would be perfect, but remember it's a licensed tool and it would probably be illegal. Up to what point, I don't know, because MID2AGB is currently distributed here, and it's a Nintendo tool as well.

VERGUNDAI

Years
Version 1.6.0 available! Changelog from previous version:

• Italian translation (by Pichu2000)
  • Text saving
  • Trainer editor
  • Building tileset support
  • 2D Mode
  • Bug fixes
Enjoy it, and have a happy New Year! http://www.mediafire.com/?kq77b55j47mr18l

Thanks your the best Spiky!

Here I found an error while scrolling through the building tilesets:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Exception: Exception of type 'System.Exception' was thrown.
at LibNDSFormats.NSBTX.NsbtxLoader.LoadNsbtx(Stream stream, List`1& texs, List`1& pals)
at WindowsFormsApplication1.Form6_Building_List.comboBox1_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.17929 built by: FX45RTMREL
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
SDSME
Assembly Version: 1.6.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.6.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/NouZong%20Lee/My%20Saved%20Roms/Map%20Editing/Spiky%20DS%20Map%20Editing/SDSME.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18014 built by: FX45RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
Tao.Platform.Windows
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.5
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.5
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/NouZong%20Lee/My%20Saved%20Roms/Map%20Editing/Spiky%20DS%20Map%20Editing/Tao.Platform.Windows.DLL
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
Tao.OpenGl
Assembly Version: 2.1.0.12
Win32 Version: 2.1.0.12
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/NouZong%20Lee/My%20Saved%20Roms/Map%20Editing/Spiky%20DS%20Map%20Editing/Tao.OpenGl.DLL
HelixToolkit
Assembly Version: 2011.10.1.0
Win32 Version: 2011.10.1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/NouZong%20Lee/My%20Saved%20Roms/Map%20Editing/Spiky%20DS%20Map%20Editing/HelixToolkit.DLL
PresentationCore
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18015 built by: FX45RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/PresentationCore/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationCore.dll
WindowsBase
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18015 built by: FX45RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/WindowsBase/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/WindowsBase.dll
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Dragonflye

Author of Pokémon Sovereign of the Skies
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
I have a problem with this program. I could never open up to now because it always comes here. I turned off my anti-virus program still always comes this message. While it is German but I think you know what it means. Programs, have been with me and I have Net Framework 4.0 and Windows XP.

16vjwv.png

Sorry for my English. Please help me. :(

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2019
I have a problem with this program. I could never open up to now because it always comes here. I turned off my anti-virus program still always comes this message. While it is German but I think you know what it means. Programs, have been with me and I have Net Framework 4.0 and Windows XP.

Sorry for my English. Please help me. :(

I'll take a look at that. I don't know German, but I've seen that message in my PC many times (although none of them was with SDSME). Thanks for reporting it.

How do i change language?

The language of the program is determined by the language the PC is set to. If you have your PC in English, SDSME will appear in English, and the same will happen with Spanish and Italian. Other languages aren't available yet.

SolusX

Poké Hacker Noob
Years
I must say, impressive progression with this program. Your work has been incredible. The GUI is amazing, it's easy to learn to use for the most part, it's clean and convenient. I'd marry it if I could. However I am having some slight issues and I'm hoping you could provide some insight as to whether it's something wrong on my end, or a potential bug.

//

Not sure if it's a problem with the application and unsure how far along Team Fail has come along in solving it but when maps are imported the textures are severely distorted

I also receive an error if I click on the wild pokemon editor, which is:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Back