• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Gen had the worst starters?

Which Gen had the worst starters?

• Total voters

Dansparce

The Unbeatable
Years
In my opinion it'd be Gen III. Although I don't dislike them, I just find them, boring... Its probably the worst part about Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
Generation 5 hands down for me. Each generation, other than 5 has one or two really awesome Pokemon, and then 1 that I don't hate, but don't like using. Generation 5 has nothing that I really like

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
Years
In terms of design I'd say gen 3 - the only decent one is torchic. Swampert and Sceptile are just ugly, and I'm all for cutesy.

I loved the gen4 designs - torterra was awesome!!

Strategywise I'd have To say gen2's starters were the worst, with all evolutions being one type only (does grass/poison really count as two separate types?) :-

Back