• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Silver hack: Pokémon Dark Energy - Beta 5 Released

Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2017
haha my curiosity didn't worked enough XD i tried my 3.1 .sav file at 4.0 , and i'm stuck at Greenwood Town where the guard had lost his key :D I went back to his house at Milky Village but the Wife's not giving it anymore XD
And now i really started a new game because i know i'll miss out a lot of COOL events :) nice work !!
P.S .. in the intro where Oak introduces himself , is it really Techinal University of Suden ?

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
"Beta 4"

Spoiler:

Oh my god, Beta 4 has easily outdone it's predecessor by a long shot. The cutscene at the beginning was inventive. The guard key quest was pretty laughable ("I could use a nap myself...") and the gameplay has gotten some serious improvements.

The only thing I see that hasn't been changed is the wild Pokemon to Trainer Level Ratio thing. In the last version, the wild Pokemon were incredibly hard to train with. It's really hard to have a fighting chance against the third gym when their Pokemon are like, what, Lvl. 26 while I can only train against Lvl. 11 Pokemon in the wild. I'd recommend upping the wild Pokemon levels a bit more. Instead of only increasing the levels by 2 or 3, I'd change them by 4 or 5 depending on the distance between the Routes and towns and any caves or tunnels or etc. in between. (This is probably a personal issue since I just straight up suck at training and really only wanna focus on the gameplay as opposed to actual battling stuff.) Just something to consider during Beta 4.1 ;)

Great job otherwise, impressive and creative as always!

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
I've found a text error while playing. When you received Totodile, and battled Roland afterwards, and then talk to Professor Joke, he says:

"Have fun with your Chikorita!"

EDIT: I've found another error, this time in Area 123 (S). Here's a picture:

tumblr_mohjxsW7mn1svp4udo1_250.png

Last edited:

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
I was grinding with VBA speed up option, so I may have encountered about 50 pokémon in that hour XD I didnt know about the Battle Room XD Also
Spoiler:
I personally would like those the other way arround :P
When I started creating this hack a long time ago, I wanted to try out something new all the time. So at the time, I wanted to go for making a shiny pokemon encounter and therefore, that event turned out like that and I never changed it.

Some people suggested me changing it to being non-shiny by default but others said "No, keep it shiny since it's been like that in beta 3 as well.". And you've gotta make choices, and I went with option #2.

hi! please help me. im playing pokemon dark energy . . after talking to the messenger at the bbc . . what should i do to go the next area?? the road was close.
You won't get further from there, it's the end of the road.

haha my curiosity didn't worked enough XD i tried my 3.1 .sav file at 4.0 , and i'm stuck at Greenwood Town where the guard had lost his key :D I went back to his house at Milky Village but the Wife's not giving it anymore XD
And now i really started a new game because i know i'll miss out a lot of COOL events :) nice work !!
P.S .. in the intro where Oak introduces himself , is it really Techinal University of Suden ?
Well that wasn't "much of a bug" really. There would have probably been straight "freeze" glitches there as well if you tried entering some areas. Of course, it still made it impossible to continue.

What do you mean about "Techinal University" ? It's just that, I wanted to name to place that way. It could have also been just "University of THE CAPITAL" or similar :)

Sounds amazing, can't wait to play it, downloading it right now.
Alrighty! And thanks for the comment.

"Beta 4"

Spoiler:
Hahha! :D

Oh my god, Beta 4 has easily outdone it's predecessor by a long shot. The cutscene at the beginning was inventive. The guard key quest was pretty laughable ("I could use a nap myself...") and the gameplay has gotten some serious improvements.

The only thing I see that hasn't been changed is the wild Pokemon to Trainer Level Ratio thing. In the last version, the wild Pokemon were incredibly hard to train with. It's really hard to have a fighting chance against the third gym when their Pokemon are like, what, Lvl. 26 while I can only train against Lvl. 11 Pokemon in the wild. I'd recommend upping the wild Pokemon levels a bit more. Instead of only increasing the levels by 2 or 3, I'd change them by 4 or 5 depending on the distance between the Routes and towns and any caves or tunnels or etc. in between. (This is probably a personal issue since I just straight up suck at training and really only wanna focus on the gameplay as opposed to actual battling stuff.) Just something to consider during Beta 4.1 ;)

Great job otherwise, impressive and creative as always!
Darn it... I've seemingly not made it clear everyone should go training to the Battle Room instead of grinding against wilds in the bushes (when grinding is needed).

Actually, the same guy who talks about taking a nap will tell you they've build this battle simulator rooms in upper rooms of every PC and says you should check it out (this happens when you're not looking for a way how to wake up the guard).

But really, thanks for mentioning about it. I know just the way how to "lure" people out to go and check that place even if you hadn't heard of Battle Room by that time (something to be put in "bug fix release" beta 4.0.1 if such comes up before 4.1).

Thanks a lot for the feedback by the way! I appreciate it.

I've found a text error while playing. When you received Totodile, and battled Roland afterwards, and then talk to Professor Joke, he says:

"Have fun with your Chikorita!"
That's actually not an error but something I added in as one of the "last minute" add-ons during this week. What's the idea is to make professor Joke even more stupid than he is.

What happens in the cutscene is that the boy who says "I got to choose first!" was supposed to get a pokemon while the player and Roland end up in the lab due to that jerk sailor. Prof. Joke knows only one person should have begun his journey that day but due to his sillyness, he ends up giving you and Roland a pokemon too. And after Roland picks his own one, Prof. Joke is even "excited" about you getting your first pokemon too;
"It's your turn! Go and get the one that's still left!"

And after you've gotten Totodile, Joke mistakes that ball for Chikorita that was in the other pokeball. That's no way self-explanotary, that's true, but something I felt like dropping in.

EDIT: I've found another error, this time in Area 123 (S). Here's a picture:

tumblr_mohjxsW7mn1svp4udo1_250.png
Area 126 is not accessable in beta 4 and I was kinda lazy because I didn't want to map that area yet (or put up a map connection leading there either). That most likely won't be fixed until beta 5.

Trev

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Okay, so I tried out the Simulator after your recommendation and was purely amazed. It's definitely much, much better than grinding in the wild, and the instant heal afterwards saves a lot of time. I earned enough BP to get a Magby, and it totaled the second gym xD Pure amazing, and Fire Punch on it is super powerful.

And while I'm here, I currently have 3 shiny Pokemon - the Squirtle event, and a Zubat and Swinub I caught within one battle of each other (I'm still shocked myself lol). Beta 4 is freaking amazing.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 7, 2015
Hey, it's been awhile (19Rayzen96 from youtube) since I've commented. This hack has always been phenomenal, yet it just keeps on getting better. Definitely worth the year long wait as you've completed many of the features I've been waiting for and have even added new ones. The RPG elements are making the game feel much fuller and complex - even considering it remains a strict gen 2 Pokemon game.

This hack - although incomplete - is my favorite hack alongside Brown. I'm consistently amazed with each video release and beta release as to how much potential Pokemon Gold and Silver had/have. I'll undoubtedly be creeping around for updates daily until the next release! Seriously, Miksy, fantastic job!

*Spoiler*
The running shoes make the pace much better, but I can't help but use the spaceboost (I speed read lol) XD I made my way to the Forgotten Cavern looking for the orbs and other secrets only to come across the lingering spirit. He says that I was unable to reach the cavern in time and therefore cannot be a "Master". Is this similar to the FF9 Excalibur 2 quest where you must complete the game under 12 hours?
*Spoiler*

Aleister

Will-o'-the-wisp
Years
Ok, I found some glitch.
Prof. Joke said
Spoiler:

And this Goon
Spoiler:

So if you ran into less than 175 pokemon by the time you found two shinies, you had more luck than an average player. ;)
Well, I found shiny Bellsprout, Golbat, two Gravelers and Grimer. I'm looking for shiny Onix but I can't found it :15:

(I can't post urls yet...)

miksy91

Years
Okay, so I tried out the Simulator after your recommendation and was purely amazed. It's definitely much, much better than grinding in the wild, and the instant heal afterwards saves a lot of time. I earned enough BP to get a Magby, and it totaled the second gym xD Pure amazing, and Fire Punch on it is super powerful.
Glad to hear you're liking it!

Hey, it's been awhile (19Rayzen96 from youtube) since I've commented. This hack has always been phenomenal, yet it just keeps on getting better. Definitely worth the year long wait as you've completed many of the features I've been waiting for and have even added new ones. The RPG elements are making the game feel much fuller and complex - even considering it remains a strict gen 2 Pokemon game.

This hack - although incomplete - is my favorite hack alongside Brown. I'm consistently amazed with each video release and beta release as to how much potential Pokemon Gold and Silver had/have. I'll undoubtedly be creeping around for updates daily until the next release! Seriously, Miksy, fantastic job!
Thanks for the comment! I'm used to hearing positive feedback from you, but not this positive, hahha :D

The running shoes make the pace much better, but I can't help but use the spaceboost (I speed read lol) XD I made my way to the Forgotten Cavern looking for the orbs and other secrets only to come across the lingering spirit. He says that I was unable to reach the cavern in time and therefore cannot be a "Master". Is this similar to the FF9 Excalibur 2 quest where you must complete the game under 12 hours?
Spoiler:

miksy91 plz attach jar file as well so that mobile users can also play this beta like me
Can't do that since that would be the exact same thing as sharing straight .gbc rom file of the hack. Because most of the coding is copyrighted by Gamefreak, I'm not gonna do that.

However, I know that some people have already shared this hack in mobile jar-format already. Google search might help.

Ok, I found some glitch.
Prof. Joke said
Spoiler:

And this Goon
Spoiler:

Well, I found shiny Bellsprout, Golbat, two Gravelers and Grimer. I'm looking for shiny Onix but I can't found it :15:

(I can't post urls yet...)
The first one is something I replied to yesterday as well.

miksy91 said:
That's actually not an error but something I added in as one of the "last minute" add-ons during this week. What's the idea is to make professor Joke even more stupid than he is.

What happens in the cutscene is that the boy who says "I got to choose first!" was supposed to get a pokemon while the player and Roland end up in the lab due to that jerk sailor. Prof. Joke knows only one person should have begun his journey that day but due to his sillyness, he ends up giving you and Roland a pokemon too. And after Roland picks his own one, Prof. Joke is even "excited" about you getting your first pokemon too;
"It's your turn! Go and get the one that's still left!"

And after you've gotten Totodile, Joke mistakes that ball for Chikorita that was in the other pokeball. That's no way self-explanotary, that's true, but something I felt like dropping in.

Second one could be fixed for next release though. And I know it's spelled "battle" of course. But even though I "triple tested" the hack, it's easily to leave some text errors unnoticed.

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
Years
Awesome hack. I played through 3.1 awhile ago, and was glad to see the day 4.0 was released.

(I think) I have finished most of 4.0. I've accomplished 4/7 side quests(can't seem to find much more, but I assume all 7 are feasible to complete), found 3 of the elemental orbs, caught quite a collection of interesting Pokemon, and have seen an abundance of neat things and features.

My question is, are all 5 elemental orbs achievable in this 4.0 beta?

miksy91

Years
Awesome hack. I played through 3.1 awhile ago, and was glad to see the day 4.0 was released.

(I think) I have finished most of 4.0. I've accomplished 4/7 side quests(can't seem to find much more, but I assume all 7 are feasible to complete), found 3 of the elemental orbs, caught quite a collection of interesting Pokemon, and have seen an abundance of neat things and features.

My question is, are all 5 elemental orbs achievable in this 4.0 beta?
Yeah, there are definitely 7 sidequests you can finish. Though one of them is something that "cannot" be finished without emulating the game at high speeds.
Also, like I wrote in the ReadMe, you can unlock something by at least finishing 5 sidequests.

What comes to other things, you've certainly found all the Elemental Orbs and you won't get your hands on all 5 of them in the final version either (since I've something else in mind).
But anyways, glad to hear you liked the hack! :)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Awesome hack, I've been searching for something like this to remember the old days.

I like the automatic repels, the modified shiny ratio (bought a shiny Magmar, found a shiny Swinub and after some resets, a shiny Charmander), and of course the new pokecenter training battles - although I hoped for completely random trainers every time.

Keep up the great work.

Aleister

Will-o'-the-wisp
Years
Door password in Argent Warehouse should be entered in special way? I tried several times but game said me "Wrong!".

Anyway, I love new overworld sprites for pokemons, especially eeveelutions. And all other things - imo the best 2nd gen hack ;).

DKgopackgo

Sub on YT! DKgopackgaming! :)
Years
  • Seen Sep 23, 2013
Mine isn't playing in color. What should I do?
Aside from that (probably my own error anyways), hack looks great :)

miksy91

Years
Awesome hack, I've been searching for something like this to remember the old days.

I like the automatic repels, the modified shiny ratio (bought a shiny Magmar, found a shiny Swinub and after some resets, a shiny Charmander), and of course the new pokecenter training battles - although I hoped for completely random trainers every time.

Keep up the great work.
Thanks! I might be able to change the training battles to be more random if I wanted to.
That would require some additional coding but other than that, re-planning how some parts of battle simulator work. I don't think I'm gonna do that though.

Door password in Argent Warehouse should be entered in special way? I tried several times but game said me "Wrong!".
As long as you have the right password,
Spoiler:
, and click the numbers in that order one by one, it should notify "Code deciphered".

Thanks for lots of new overworld sprites (for instance, Eevee and its evolution sprites) go to BlueEmerald but some sprites are also by Solar.

And all other things - imo the best 2nd gen hack ;).
Thank you! :)

This hack keeps looking better and better :D
Thanks! Been improving lots of stuff from what they used to be, so you definitely got that right. ;)

Mine isn't playing in color. What should I do?
You're most likely using "wrong" emulation settings that make the hack look like what it is when played on normal Gameboy. So open your emulator and try to adjust the color settings from there. If you can't do anything about it, it's also possible your emulator doesn't support colors but most Gameboy emulators do so I doubt it.

Aside from that (probably my own error anyways), hack looks great :)
Thanks!

Years
  • Seen Jul 4, 2014
Haha, not to go back to beta 3.1, but i was wondering if there might possibly be a hint on how to find the flareon page? I have the others and have retraced (seemingly) the whole map multiple times and can't find it. I was trying to find it before i started 4 to figure out what to do with my eevee

DKgopackgo

Sub on YT! DKgopackgaming! :)
Years
  • Seen Sep 23, 2013
Thanks! I had tried that earlier, but I think I didn't reset the ROM after I tried it.

Trev

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Okay, so I played around some more with the battle simulator on Mediocre level and came across two overpowered Pokemon.

Kadabra (uses Psybeam) - Psybeam is entirely too powerful, especially at that level. It kills basically anything in two hits.

Hitmontop (uses Focus Energy / Rolling Kick) - An incredibly deadly combination. I can only get around it by putting it to sleep and Razor Leaf-ing it to death with Ivysaur. Rolling Kick is too powerful at the Mediocre level, especially after a boost @_@

I'd definitely recommend changing these, because it makes it hard to train with those two running around.

Back