• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hoenn RéBURST [M] [OOC + SU]

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2015
Anyone wanna trade for a Delibird? With its rarity it should be a hard case to find and I don't want it at all. Level 1.

Also, um, if I read the rules right, my guy got +5 levels for battling and beating 5 Pokemon, correct?

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
In order to not take advantage of mass Pokémon battles, Slugma is level 12 now (up from the 7), but it isn't allowed to pass level 16 before you've gotten your first badge, no matter how many Pokémon you beat; it's also learned Rock Throw, as of level 10. At level 14, it'll learn Harden!

You have to keep track of your Pokémon yourself, but just keep a text file ready, or add it to the EtherPad linked on the first post.

Also, Vato and I can be pretty cruel sometimes with Pokémon captures. Wouldn't just be right if everything went the players' way, but we can be generous, too! |P

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2015
true, but Delibird is pretty crappy imo. At best it can be a way to fly from one town to the next, but I don't even have the flying gym badge, so that's pointless as well.

I take it that all the gyms here have the same strength level as they do in the game, correct? I did keep track of what level I got, i was just worried about whether or not what I had done was valid.

TornZero

Years
They're in correct order, but some of the gym leaders are significantly stronger than they'd be in the games for some reason or another, and their teams are changed up. Norman, for example, has a level 40 Slaking, rather than the low 30s.

Vato and I usually work the gym leaders and significant NPCs out well before you're allowed to reach the area they're in.

As for Delibird, you're kinda stuck with it now, unless you want to waste a Pokéball. :P I can see multiple comedic and useful uses for a Delibird.

Also, 1,000th post. |D

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2015
I guess I could make the Delibird my equivalent of a Psyduck or a Wabbufet, coming out whenever it wants and throwing random Presents at anyone it wants

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2015
well then, there really isn't anything i can really do with the deli bird, unless you can give me a suggestion. i offered to trade it for something else in case others wanted it instead

Khawill

<3
Years
So where are we in the story?
A. Can we go to Rustboro?
B. The city is destroyed correct?
C. Is there a gym to fight if B is correct?
D. if B isn't correct, then are we expected to fight the gym leader?

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
Years
well then, there really isn't anything i can really do with the deli bird, unless you can give me a suggestion. i offered to trade it for something else in case others wanted it instead

h6865BFB6

Delibird is quite... exotic to say the least. It can learn several Move Tutor, TM and even HM moves, but it just seems to know nothing but Present in thw wild. Nonethless, it can Present its way to a new move if you can show us what a Delibird is capable of doing [both as something to laugh at, and as a fighter] :)

Like Torn said, there are a many uses one can think for a Delibird, but you can end up offering it for trade if so you wish.

So where are we in the story?
A. Can we go to Rustboro?
B. The city is destroyed correct?
C. Is there a gym to fight if B is correct?
D. if B isn't correct, then are we expected to fight the gym leader?

A. Yes you can, after all, there would no point in going past Petalburgh Woods, right?
B. Absolutely, and nothing but pieces of the gym remain.
C. Well, there IS part of a gym, but Roxanne is busy trying not to die, while also protecting the children in town.,
D. She's busy at the moment, but that won't mean you won't be able to get a badge one way or another :)

Also, and as a side note, WolOfEve is accepted [I just somehow forgot to post about it]. He may used moves and techniques he deems appropiate as Eris ventures in the land of Hoenn.

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2015
No it isn't. Though I am glad that I have a chance to catch a Weaville instead of a Sneasel, I'm worried how I will pull this off. All I have are a baby Delibird and the child of one of my enemies besides my Slugma.

But here is an idea for Delibird. Because Delibird can only know how to throw Presents at foes, and it is also a newborn, it is very good at picking up new moves. If the enemy uses a move that is has the potential to learn via Tutor or Breeding, it will learn how to copy said move and return it back at them. Is this ok? Or is this too OP?

TornZero

Years
That's too OP unless it's a Smeargle, but it isn't, so it is.

Also — and I'm saying this for your own good so Vato and I don't decide to make Sawsbuck Headbutt Rick's back door or Weavile pilfer his Pokéballs since you're already pushing your luck with two easily-caught Pokémon in your first two posts and a ton of training xD — I'd just take what you got and run for your life. Slugma's obviously going to be tired as hell from all the battling, Delibird's screwed if you try to make it battle, and I'm sure Deerling would refuse to battle its own parent if Rick let it out.

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2015
I was going to offer to release the Deerling if the Weaville was willing to go with me instead, as what I wanted anyway was a Weaville, not a Sawsbuck. But if I have to, I guess I have to. Goodbye sweet Pokemon, let's hope this Deeling is better than no deerling

Well, then I guess I'm out of ideas about what i would do with Delibird. Does anyone want to trade for it?

TornZero

Years
A mischievous baby Delibird can easily take advantage of its cuteness and baby...ness. Give Rick a Present, and it explodes in his face, but he falls for it every time because he always gives the little guy the benefit of the doubt! (And when he finally doesn't, it's a good Present. Poor Delibird.)

Also, no one said that Delibird is forbidden from spontaneously learning new moves. It'll just come in the form of a special IC notification like the capture attempts do.

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2015
I don't know about that. The little guy is a baby that was just hatched. by bird logic, the minute I release the Delibird, it will see me and it will imprint on me, thinking that Rick is its mother. So I doubt it would be that mischievous to its own mother.

But still, I don't like not having a battling use for it at all, so does anyone want to trade for it?

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2015
I haven't released it yet, but I give up. I guess it isn't so bad having a cute sidekick every now and then. The little guy could be my Pikachu. My little sidekick with irresistible cuteness that lets me seduce female grunts working for Gaia.

But how about a Deerling? Does anyone want to trade for a Deerling?

I finished my post. tell me if I caught it or not

Last edited:

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
Hmm... seems like everyone's started off somewhere in Rustboro or at least not in Littleroot D: I feel like I would be too far behind! What should I do, continue?

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2015
Scyke, head towards Petalburg. I'll be training there and I'll double back through route 102. We can meet up and roleplay together. How about that?

Back