• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What if there was a Pokemon we never found out about?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
So say GameFreak makes an announcement (also this is 99% unlikely BUT STILL, it's fun to hypothetisize), announcing that there's an extra Pokemon being released for B/W, but only if you buy another copy of the games. Would you buy the extra copy and get the Pokemon or just not bother getting it and forever be one Pokemon short? Are the games appealing enough that you would want to get the extra just for that Pokemon? It also is only tradeable by wireless, rather than wifi to guarantee people get the games, so you can't otherwise trade it and complete the PokeDex. Share your thoughts!

Sirfetch’d

I would simply because you cant say you have completed the Pokedex if there are still Pokemon that exist but you don't own. Also if it was this late being released there must be something special about it and I would be just dieing to know its powers and would have to have it on my team. IDK I might be weird for buying a whole new game for just one Pokemon, but yeah I liked Unova so much that I would explore the whole region again with my special new Pokemon by my side :).

Kiriyuuki Kasuna

<b><i><font color="#979C1F">Insert Purpose of Mean
Years
I would get it, if it would be a special or limited edition BW/BW2 game with a DSi/3DS and whatnot.
Every pokemon counts in the PokeDex completion as Jelli noted, so why not catch 'em all?
And it would also depend on what type of pokemon it would be. As long as it is not anything we've seen up to date.

Years
There's no way, because every Unova Poke is unique and awesome in their own way and they didn't need any more. Lol just kidding, Emolga sux. Anyways, it would be cool and surprising to see a Pokemon not introduced like Beta Pokemon. They could add it in gen vi because of what happened with Gastrodon. I don't think we could've missed it though, but it would have been neat.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
Maybe yes, maybe not. I mean, it's only an extra Pokemon, I could just read its reviews online & possibly use it on Pokemon Showdown which gives me full access to all its move & such, if it does get added, that is.

But if I'm in a good mood, I might just get it.

Years
I wouldn't do it, the current Unova Dex is already enough in my opinion. And I think all the current Unova Pokemon are as unique as can be right now, so no need for additional Pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
Probably not unless it was some kind of legendary that could beat everything but i seriously doubt GF would do that.

Years
I'm not one that really tries to complete the whole dex anyway, so I don't think I would buy a new game. If it were on B/W2 I might consider it, just because I only played White and White 2, so Black 2 could give me a bit of a different experience.

Years
It really depends on the pokemon, Sometimes I see a pokemon and JUST HAVE TO HAVE IT ON MY TEAM. And sometimes I think it's not worth my time (looking at you, bidoof). I don't ever complete the dex, even though I'm starting to try a bit in White 2, but missing one wouldn't really matter to me if I wasn't a fan. And also that Gamefreak would add ONE pokemon, just to get me to rebuy the games would make me mad.

I mean, I love Unova, but the idea of spending $35 on a game I pretty much already have doesn't appeal to me. It's basically like paying $35 for the new pokemon and a bunch of version exclusives, so like 5 pokemon or so?

Back