• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shikamaru88

Back dont know if I will stay.
Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2010
How do I change the colour on the text that's in the message box in battle?

I'd really appreciate if someone could answer.
Thanks. ^^

you simply g into pictures and change the message box pic

Last edited:

herojelly

PMD Puzzle!
Years
Great job! I really like it!

I have a problem with the trainer editor though.

On the Editor.exe, I added a new character called "TEAM ROCKET".

trainer083.png

I named it "trainer083.png" in the "Characters" folder. The picture showed up in the Editor.exe, but when I try to edit it again it says...

Error.png

this. What's up with that?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 3, 2011
A few how to script questions:

1. How to script an event where a NPC gives you a tour of town then gives you a town map?
I want him to approach the player once you step on a certain sqaure.

2. How to make someone notice you have a certain badge and give you an HM for it?

3. And lastly, how to make the nurse at the pokecenter say "Good morning" or "Good night" depedning on the time of day it is. Basically, I want to script it so that she only says good morning the first time you visit in the morning or good night the first the time you visit at night.

Thanks in advance!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
Great job! I really like it!

I have a problem with the trainer editor though.

On the Editor.exe, I added a new character called "TEAM ROCKET".

trainer083.png

I named it "trainer083.png" in the "Characters" folder. The picture showed up in the Editor.exe, but when I try to edit it again it says...

Error.png

this. What's up with that?

did you put a space in the styem name for it? (the first place where the name is) because if you did, get rid of the space.

1. How to script an event where a NPC gives you a tour of town then gives you a town map?

2. How to make someone notice you have a certain badge and give you an HM for it?

3. And lastly, how to make the nurse at the pokecenter say "Good morning" or "Good night" depedning on the time of day it is. Basically, I want to script it so that she only says good morning the first time you visit in the morning or good night the first the time you visit at night.

Thanks in advance!

1, you would do it just like any other rmxp game, set a move route and stuff like that.

2, i think it might tell you how to do that in the note.html, but i'm note sure...

3, read the note.html, it tells you how to make a nightly event, meaning events based on the time of day. that should tell you what to do.

Last edited:

PoKéMaKeR1

Pokemon Rancher creator!
Years

Thanks in advance!

The first and third question are answered already, and I have a simple solution to the 2nd..
The battle with the gymleader, change the switch in the battleswitch, from selfswitch a to a global switch, and then on an other event if that switch is on, give the hm..
Hope you understand what I mean :P!

PoKéMaKeR

herojelly

PMD Puzzle!
Years
did you put a space in the styem name for it? (the first place where the name is) because if you did, get rid of the space.

I didn't. But it fixed itself. Weird. 0_0

Hmm.. Another problem.

I made a Pokemon battle with the new "TEAM ROCKET". The text worked out okay...
TEAMROCKET1.png

And then, it says this: Can't find battle 1(of 5) for the trainer(TEAMROCKET, Grunt) in Trainer data file. So it said I could edit the pokemon there, and I did that. Then it suddenly says...
TEAMROCKET2.png

TEAMROCKET3.png

TEAMROCKET4.png

...and I said "no". Then it went on changing it to 3(of 5) and 4 (of 5)... I wonder how I can disable that.

Here's my script, in case there's something wrong with it...
script.png

Last edited:

fireyboy345

Skilled Pokemon Trainer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 10, 2014
whenever i try to open my project file it says it cannot read it. I dont want to lose all my hard work so is there a way to make the file readable. if not is there a way to transfer all of my maps into a different game.

fudgy

so i herd you liek mudkipz?
Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2010
is their a way to change the battle screen? liek in diamond and pearl or just make everything custom, or will i have to do this in another program?

also

how can i edit the options menu and delete some of the options.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
I didn't. But it fixed itself. Weird. 0_0

Hmm.. Another problem.

I made a Pokemon battle with the new "TEAM ROCKET". The text worked out okay...
TEAMROCKET1.png

And then, it says this: Can't find battle 1(of 5) for the trainer(TEAMROCKET, Grunt) in Trainer data file. So it said I could edit the pokemon there, and I did that. Then it suddenly says...
TEAMROCKET2.png

TEAMROCKET3.png

TEAMROCKET4.png

...and I said "no". Then it went on changing it to 3(of 5) and 4 (of 5)... I wonder how I can disable that.

Here's my script, in case there's something wrong with it...
script.png

The problem is, you have a phone trainer information, meaning it's set up so that you can have several battles with the trainer when they call you. to fix this so that it's a 1 time trainer, do this:

get rid of 4 of the "comment: battle:"s, so that there is only 1.
get rid of the "comment: regspeech"
get rid of the "script:kernel.pnTrainerCheck"
and lastly, get rid of the "script: pbPhoneRegisterBattle".
and there, all fixed. :D

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
does anyone know how to make the picture of the berry plants appear as they grow, because i ripped about half of them, but don't know how to implement them.

Darksun

triple rainbow, yo
Years
Thanks for the help A-R. Is it okey that I call you that? xD

How do I add a shiny pokèmon, instead of just a normal pokèmon?
I've tried changing "Kernel.pbAddPokemon(PBSpecies::POKEMON,5)"
to "Kernel.pbAddPokemon(PBSpecies::SHINX,SHINY,5)" and
Kernel.pbAddPokemon(PBSpecies::SHINXSHINY,5),
but nothing works.

I'd really appreciate help.
Thanks. ^^

PoKéMaKeR1

Pokemon Rancher creator!
Years
Thanks for the help A-R. Is it okey that I call you that? xD

How do I add a shiny pokèmon, instead of just a normal pokèmon?
I've tried changing "Kernel.pbAddPokemon(PBSpecies::POKEMON,5)"
to "Kernel.pbAddPokemon(PBSpecies::SHINX,SHINY,5)" and
Kernel.pbAddPokemon(PBSpecies::SHINXSHINY,5),
but nothing works.

I'd really appreciate help.
Thanks. ^^

Look in the notes.html, there it says how to do that

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
By the way, is anyone else having issues with the sound? when i play test my game, the sound breaks every couple seconds, and it didn't do that before the update.

PoKéMaKeR1

Pokemon Rancher creator!
Years
I've searched through the notes quite a long time now, and I can't find anything about it.
Where did you see it?

Shiny Wild Pokemon

To allow shiny wild battles, you first need to define a switch for shiny Pokemon, say, 50. Now, create a new script section that contains the following:
Events.onWildPokemonCreate+=proc {|sender,e|
pokemon=e[0]
if $game_switches[50]
pokemon.makeShiny end}

Then, enable the switch (in this case, 50) before a wild battle with a shiny Pokemon, and disable the switch when the battle is over. Example:

Control Switches: [0050: Shiny] = ON
Script: pbWildBattle(::PBSpecies::GYARADOS,30,1)
Control Switches: [0050: Shiny] = OFF

This copied right from the notes.html..
So next time, look a little bit better ok;)

PoKéMaKeR

PoKéMaKeR1

Pokemon Rancher creator!
Years
That's just for a pokèmon battle, not for adding a shiny pokèmon to the party. :P

Yes true..
I thought that was what you wanted.. :P
But then just try to turn on the switch, add the pokemon and then urn the switch off..
I'm not sure about that though..
Just try that..
If it still doesn't work..
I'll try to work that out, but that can take a few days so..:P

PoKéMaKeR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back