• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ranger opinions?

Years
  • Seen Jun 18, 2013
Hey there guys! So, yesterday I was at a video game store with my brother and picked up a copy of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time, which I heard was pretty good. But I also picked up Pokemon Ranger Shadows of Almia. which I hadn't heard whether it was good or not. Then it dawned on me, I hadn't heard much on any of them. It was only $4, so I was willing to tsake the risk at buying it and giving a whirl, but now I'm curious as to what others think of it! So tell me, have you ever played a Pokemon Ranger game? And if so, what was your opinion on it? (:

Zero Percent

Loading... Please wait
Years
I own all the Pokemon Ranger games, and I gotta say, they are quite good.
If you like it, totally get Guardian signs. Although, imo, shadows of almia is the best of the series.

Years
  • Seen Jun 18, 2013
Shadows of Almia is really good so far! I've been playing it for hours~ ;u; My brother and I actually just got home from game shopping again, and I did find Guardian Signs for cheap, so I ended up grabbing that. (: I was a bit weary of these since I hadn't heard much about them, but I must agree with you now, Pokemon Ranger is fun! Shadows of Almia is, anyway. I haven't tried out Guardian signs yet. x3

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I like playing Pokemon Ranger series, and I personally enjoyed Guardian Signs. For me, Guardian Signs is the best Pokemon Ranger game.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Almia is the best Ranger game imo. There are plenty of sidequests so you'll have lots to do after the cool & semi-lengthy storyline is over. It's also the most "customizable" of all the 3 Ranger games.

Basically in these you start off as a Pokemon Ranger (whoop) who "captures" Pokemon by forming bonds with them and using their abilities in the field once to perform certain tasks or assist you in capturing other Pokemon. However you have one Partner Pokemon whose ability can be used infinitely and Pokemon isn't released ever. In this game initially you have a choice between Pachirisu, Starly, & Munchlax but as you complete more Quests you can eventually unlock a partner of each type that you can rotate through. The game will explain in more detail, it's very easy to get!

Ranger games are actually kinda fun, though I suggest that if you want to continue with them don't play the original Pokemon Ranger (its title), its mechanics are pretty annoying compared to the second two which improved the game a LOT. If you enjoy Almia you'll definitely like Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs so give it a try! :)

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I gotta agree with the others.
As great as Guiardian Signs were (calling legendary Pokémon with signs was totally cool!) Almia is something special in Ranger games.
You totally did the right thing buying it for such a cheap price ;)

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
I own all of them, but, never completed the first one. Shadows of Almia is the best ranger game in my opinion, amazing storyline and quests and I loved how there was a ranger school and a big rival. (Keith). Buy Guardians Signs, it's pretty good, and the first one it's good but as I said, never completed it.

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
I've only played the first one, didn't have the time or money to get any sequel of it, but I thought Ranger was really good for a spin-off. It was different to say the least, and at $4 you pretty much got yourself a steal.

T-Zombie

The End (?)
Years
I love the pokemon ranger games but I have only played the first and Guardians Signs but I liked those a lot but I think they are kinda challenging

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2013
I really liked the lastest one Guardian Signs at first I didn't but then I became to like it and it was unique with all of the challenges it offered I ended finishing it and if a new one would come I would surely get it.

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
Years
I love the Ranger series! ^-^ As with most of the people here so far, I liked Shadows of Almia best. Though... I'm not exactly sure why. Guardian Signs was fun and I thought it had the best Poké Assist system. Maybe it was the story in Almia, or the characters that decided it for me.

audinowho

Unovan Indeedee
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 1, 2024
I really enjoy this series and the neat perspective it brings on humans and their Pokemon. In a way it's kind of a good-story foil on the human side for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon's pokemon stories. The first game was ball-bustingly hard, but the other two games did some really nice improvements for it.

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2014
I have to tell you this : Shadows. Of. Almia. Is. Da. Best. Well, at least it goes in the tops of the Pokégames I've played! Guardian Signs? Well... not so much (Celebi was EXTREMELY cute in that, though) awesome compared to Almia. But I'd recommend trying both out. And also play the first Pokémon Ranger if you want, but it ain't that good. I think you made a wise choice with your money. I bet you're gonna love it!

Back