• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

♠ The Art of RNG ♠ | RNG Guides [OLD]

Bring challenges back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dmatt

Medium-Rare Trainer
Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2014
Ok, I just had the ***luckiest*** RNG Capture ***ever***

And I had to tell someone, lol.

I was aiming for a shiny male Frillish, and boy did I get one. Of course luck could also be interpreted as a pile of misshaps that didn't go wrong, so I love him even more.

First off, my seed required three button presses. Being that hard enough, I got the pesky Start button in the mix. So, that could've gone horribly wrong.. Then, just when the minute rolled over, I got a phone call. It was matter of seconds between letting it go to voicemail, or answering it and change my date and whatever again (it was my very first attempt at it). So with one ear on the phone and my hands clumsily trying to hit the seed with all the buttons pressed, I said, ok, what the hell, I'll screw it up... I hung up the phone at the Continue screen, so I thought the damage was done, but decided to continue anyways. Then oh surprise, I accidentaly (and without noticing) had no Chattering Chatot!! I mean, they were there (two of them), but their chatter had been deleted. So I said... mmmmh, ok I'll just record the chatter, save, and this next time, do things right..
After a couple of horrible, horrible chatter recordings, I decided to check the seed, you know, just for the lol's. And, oh boy, was I surprised to found a match in the list :D
Then I did a buttload of advances (300) and there it was, a perfectly shiny cute male Frillish. The best part is that it is perfect for little cup, being level 5 (tons of wings, I know), but what made it even luckier, was that the dive ball I caught it in, was the first I threw at it, and it was a freaking critical capture!!

Hahaha, ok so I had to share this somewhere, also to show that when everything seems to be against you, luck can still be factored in!

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Years

I was aiming for a shiny male Frillish, and boy did I get one. Of course luck could also be interpreted as a pile of misshaps that didn't go wrong, so I love him even more.

First off, my seed required three button presses. Being that hard enough, I got the pesky Start button in the mix. So, that could've gone horribly wrong.. Then, just when the minute rolled over, I got a phone call. It was matter of seconds between letting it go to voicemail, or answering it and change my date and whatever again (it was my very first attempt at it). So with one ear on the phone and my hands clumsily trying to hit the seed with all the buttons pressed, I said, ok, what the hell, I'll screw it up... I hung up the phone at the Continue screen, so I thought the damage was done, but decided to continue anyways. Then oh surprise, I accidentaly (and without noticing) had no Chattering Chatot!! I mean, they were there (two of them), but their chatter had been deleted. So I said... mmmmh, ok I'll just record the chatter, save, and this next time, do things right..
After a couple of horrible, horrible chatter recordings, I decided to check the seed, you know, just for the lol's. And, oh boy, was I surprised to found a match in the list :D
Then I did a buttload of advances (300) and there it was, a perfectly shiny cute male Frillish. The best part is that it is perfect for little cup, being level 5 (tons of wings, I know), but what made it even luckier, was that the dive ball I caught it in, was the first I threw at it, and it was a freaking critical capture!!

Hahaha, ok so I had to share this somewhere, also to show that when everything seems to be against you, luck can still be factored in!

Good to hear. Hope you enjoy your new RNG'ed mon :)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016

That was very lucky. :o May I borrow some of your luck? lol jk Also, I haven't seen you on chat in awhile. Good to see you're still rnging. ;)

Reactions: EB

Dmatt

Medium-Rare Trainer
Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2014
That was very lucky. :o May I borrow some of your luck? lol jk Also, I haven't seen you in awhile. You should come to chat more often. ;)

Sure thing, I'm feeling lucky :D

I just RNG'd a Shiny Staryu on the first try as well!

And remember kids... Dive Ball All The Things! :laugh:

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
And remember kids... Dive Ball All The Things! :laugh:

Tell us something we don't know ;)

Ethan_opening.png

Heart Gold
OT: Gonzo
ID/SID: 200/197
RNGed for females, Cute Charm lead, shiny natures: Impish, Jolly, Modest, Naive, Timid and Hasty​

Dmatt

Medium-Rare Trainer
Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2014
Tell us something we don't know ;)

Love Premier Balls as well :P

So, this one took a little more tries, since a dumb Psychic kept turning around, and messing up my frame... but it was worth it!

012.png
607.gif
012.png

Litwick ♂ Lv. 28 ★
OT: Dan | ID: 60245
Nature: Modest
Ability: Flash Fire
IVs: 31/23/30/30/30/30 HP Fighting 70
EVs: Untrained
Moves: Will-o-Wisp/Flame Burst/Imprision/Hex​

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Latest W2 capture RNGs:

011.png
562.png
011.png

Yamask ♂ Lv. 20
OT: Prim | ID: 7
Nature: Quiet
Ability: Mummy
IVs: 31, 2, 30, 30, 30, 2 Fighting 70
Moves: Disable, Haze, Night Shade, Hex
Non-Redis

009.png
607.png
009.png

Litwick ♀ Lv. 30 ★
OT: Prim | ID: 7
Nature: Timid
Ability: Flash Fire
IVs: 31, 8, 31, 31, 31, 31 Dragon 68
Moves: Will-O-Wisp, Flame Burst, Imprison, Hex
Non-Redis

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2020
First RNG Successes Ever!!!
146.gif

OT:Tman
ID: 46666 | SID: 20586
RNG For Flawless Shinies With Sync Frames

pokeball.gif
501.gif
pokeball.gif

OT: Tman | ID: 46666
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Torrent
IV's: 31/31/31/31/31/31
EV's: Untrained
Moves: Tackle, Tail Whip

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
Just caught these in the past hour :D :

132.png
#132 Ditto (LV 53)
Heal_Ball_summary_IV.png

OT: Tabor ID: 33997
Naughty - Limber - 31/31/31/31/31/31

132.png
#132 Ditto (LV 53)
Quick_Ball_summary_IV.png

Quiet - Limber - 31/31/31/31/31/31​

Omicron

the day was mine
Years
After hours (literally) of trying and getting trolled by my chatots I gave up on it being shiny. But I actually prefer the original colors of all the shiny musketeers, so i don't mind it much.

Dive_Ball_Sprite.png
638.gif
Dive_Ball_Sprite.png

Cobalion Lv. 42
OT: Omicron
Nature: Naive
Ability: Justified
30/30/30/31/31/31 (HP Ice 70)

Bag_Nest_Ball_Sprite.png
640.gif
Bag_Nest_Ball_Sprite.png

Virizion Lv. 42
Nature: Timid
30/30/30/31/31/31 (HP Ice 70)

Bag_Timer_Ball_Sprite.png
639.gif
Bag_Timer_Ball_Sprite.png

Terrakion Lv. 42
Nature: Jolly
31/31/30/30/30/31

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
So many new rngers :o Congrats and keep on rnging ;)

Since I have absolutely nothing better to do, I decided to go on an rnging spree and rng a Ditto for every nature besides the 5 neutral natures.

Spoiler:

There is no rhyme or reason to the pokeballs I used; I just picked a random one and threw it until I caught the Ditto.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Good Morning All!

I am VERY excited... I finally have accomplished Entralink RNG!!!

I have had a small handful (ok more than a small handful really) of Dream World Pokemon waiting for me to learn this (I DID afterall want them in the pretty pink Dream Balls otherwise breeding would have been a little more acceptible).

For starters... I have been holding onto my Arceus from last year, as with it's level 100 it made it an automatic verify if I was hitting my right seed or not (and since it was a one shot deal... well I wanted to get it right on that one).

I was not previously a fan of Eon Timer, I know so many of you are, but it always hangs on the last few seconds... freezes about 2 second to the end then will resume at about a half second to the end. I don't know why it does this... but it does it with both the first and second stage of the timers... so on any kind of timer that requires delay as well as seconds there are two chances to get it wrong. I finally have found a way to compensate for this on my own... KIND OF (I tap my foot along with the seconds counting). I have also downloaded the most up to date timer. Despite my lack of love, I used it for the EntraLink abuses this weekend and am finding it to be helpful now(although still a teenie tiny bit difficult to work with).

This all said... lot's of practice, and lot's of patience paid off, and I managed to abuse four dream world pokemon:

108.png
notshiny.png
#108 Lickitung ♀ (level 10)
576.png

OT:
2.png
RUSH ♀ (Black, 2112/24292)
Mild - Cloud Nine - 28/30/31/31/23/30 - Untrained
HP -- Pyschic / 69
Lick - Supersonic - Defense Curl - ***

122.png
notshiny.png
#122 Mr. Mime ♀ (level 10)
576.png

OT:
2.png
Rash - Technician - 30/31/30/24/28/30 - Untrained
HP -- Fight / 39
Confusion - Copycat - Meditate - Teeter Dance

123.png
notshiny.png
#123 Scyther ♀ (level 10)
576.png

OT:
2.png
Lonely - Steadfast - 30/26/30/26/31/31 - Untrained
HP -- Water / 70
Leer - Focus Energy - Pursuit - Tailwind

493.png
notshiny.png
#493 Arceus ♁ (level 100)
576.png

OT:
2.png
Calm - Multitype - 30/30/31/27/23/31 - Untrained
HP -- Dragon / 70
Recover - Hyper Beam - Perish Song - Judgment

I have a few more to go on my copy of Black, then I will go on to my other three games. Most notably I have my Porygon still waiting. All my Poke's I haven't yet befriended are at the farthest clearing and I'm letting one come out at a time so that the other's movements don't advance the RNG on me. I can't wait to report back on the rest of these guys.

TY

548.png

OT: ....... ID: 06540
Petlil lvl 21 (caught in a Nest Ball)
Modest - Own Tempo - 31/8/31/31/31/31
Sleep Powder - Mega Drain - Synthesis - Magical Leaf​

Omicron

the day was mine
Years
Congratulations on your first RNG ShadowE!

I will also show off my first flawless shiny rng :P

129.png
shiny.png
#129 Magikarp ♀ (level 1)
004.png

OT:
2.png
Omicron ♂ (White, 22450/51741)
Adamant - Swift Swim - 31/31/31/31/31/31 - Untrained
Splash - *** - *** - ***​

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
Good Morning All!

I am VERY excited... I finally have accomplished Entralink RNG!!!

I have had a small handful (ok more than a small handful really) of Dream World Pokemon waiting for me to learn this (I DID afterall want them in the pretty pink Dream Balls otherwise breeding would have been a little more acceptible).

For starters... I have been holding onto my Arceus from last year, as with it's level 100 it made it an automatic verify if I was hitting my right seed or not (and since it was a one shot deal... well I wanted to get it right on that one).

I was not previously a fan of Eon Timer, I know so many of you are, but it always hangs on the last few seconds... freezes about 2 second to the end then will resume at about a half second to the end. I don't know why it does this... but it does it with both the first and second stage of the timers... so on any kind of timer that requires delay as well as seconds there are two chances to get it wrong. I finally have found a way to compensate for this on my own... KIND OF (I tap my foot along with the seconds counting). I have also downloaded the most up to date timer. Despite my lack of love, I used it for the EntraLink abuses this weekend and am finding it to be helpful now(although still a teenie tiny bit difficult to work with).

This all said... lot's of practice, and lot's of patience paid off, and I managed to abuse four dream world pokemon:

108.png
notshiny.png
#108 Lickitung ♀ (level 10)
576.png

OT:
2.png
Mild - Cloud Nine - 28/30/31/31/23/30 - Untrained
HP -- Pyschic / 69
Lick - Supersonic - Defense Curl - ***

122.png
notshiny.png
#122 Mr. Mime ♀ (level 10)
576.png

OT:
2.png
Rash - Technician - 30/31/30/24/28/30 - Untrained
HP -- Fight / 39
Confusion - Copycat - Meditate - Teeter Dance

123.png
notshiny.png
#123 Scyther ♀ (level 10)
576.png

OT:
2.png
Lonely - Steadfast - 30/26/30/26/31/31 - Untrained
HP -- Water / 70
Leer - Focus Energy - Pursuit - Tailwind

493.png
notshiny.png
#493 Arceus ♁ (level 100)
576.png

OT:
2.png
Calm - Multitype - 30/30/31/27/23/31 - Untrained
HP -- Dragon / 70
Recover - Hyper Beam - Perish Song - Judgment

I have a few more to go on my copy of Black, then I will go on to my other three games. Most notably I have my Porygon still waiting. All my Poke's I haven't yet befriended are at the farthest clearing and I'm letting one come out at a time so that the other's movements don't advance the RNG on me. I can't wait to report back on the rest of these guys.
I noticed the freezing of EonTimer too when I used it for 4th Gen RNG. I thought it was because I was running too many things at once on my laptop. xD Although after using the EonTimer a few times it would sort itself out and work fine from then on out. Also, nice RNGs there, especially the Arcues. ;)
My first RNG in my lifetime:

548.png

OT: ....... ID: 06540
Petlil lvl 21 (caught in a Nest Ball)
Modest - Own Tempo - 31/8/31/31/31/31
Sleep Powder - Mega Drain - Synthesis - Magical Leaf​
Congrats on learning RNG ShadowE . :D

152.png
shiny.png
#152 Chikorita (LV 1) Male
Pok%C3%A9_Ball_summary_IV.png

Modest - Overgrow - 31/31/31/31/31/31 - Untouched
Tackle - Growl

My first Flawless Shiny \o/
And congrats to you too tabor. :D
Congratulations on your first RNG ShadowE!

I will also show off my first flawless shiny rng :P

129.png
shiny.png
#129 Magikarp ♀ (level 1)
004.png

OT:
2.png
Omicron ♂ (White, 22450/51741)
Adamant - Swift Swim - 31/31/31/31/31/31 - Untrained
Splash - *** - *** - ***​
I see you finally got your RNG. Good job omicron. :)

Wow you guys are all learning RNG so fast. Keep up the good work on RNGing. :D

Reactions: EB

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
great abuses everyone!

@ EonTimer issues: I don't have them... are you guys using 1.6 (or higher) version? It works perfectly. If yes, your PCs can be just very slow and old.

edit: forgot about mah new baby :B
As you may know, I've completed the unova2 regional dex, so I have access to Nature Preserve. In case you want to get Haxorus, it's a standard stationary. Since it's shininess is set, search a non-shiny seed. You'll get it easier and faster :) Also, the good news is that you can RNG in the fog. It just blocks Sweet Scent, so you can fish, do bubble/grass spots or just catch Haxorus :)

Haxorus ♀
2.png
(lvl 60)
612.png
011.png

Nature: Adamant || Ability: Mold Breaker || OT: Estelle (2)
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Taunt|Dragon Pulse|Swords Dance|Guillotine

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
I noticed the freezing of EonTimer too when I used it for 4th Gen RNG. I thought it was because I was running too many things at once on my laptop. xD Although after using the EonTimer a few times it would sorta itself out and work fine from then on out. Also, nice RNGs there, especially the Arcues. ;)

Well, my pc is a netbook, I bought it primarily for email, and web surfing(to be specific geneological research as my library has free access to genealogy searches).... But it is more than adequate for my needs... I typically have both RNG Reporter and Eon timer running (previously I was using a JavaScript timer). So I should not really have too many programs open at once. I found that turning the beeps off stopped the issue with the time freezing. The audible beeps was nice, but once I turned that feature off I got my next two Dream World abuses on less than five tries each! Although my next one after that I have spent an hour and keep missing. Sometimes luck is with you, sometimes it's not... I'm just so thrilled to have finally found time to learn Entra Link abuse... Four more to do on my black, then on to my white......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back