• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who remembers Pokemon Stadium 2???

Stodd

Dragon Tamer
Years
I found my old n64 and started playin poke stadium 2. I CANT PUT IT DOWN!!!! It is so addictive. who remembers the good ole days?? what is your fondest memory of poke stadium 1 and 2?

Sirfetch’d

They were the best spinoffs ever! I loved them and am hoping for a stadium 3. Nothing like Battle Revolution though, it was terrible! It needs to have all 649 pokemon rentable.

Pokemon Stadium 2 in particular was VERY VERY VERY hard. That Elite Four and Lance are impossible to beat.

I found a N64 at a Flea MArket about 4 months ago and bought it and stadium 1&2 for about $100 Bucks! I got a steal.

Demon.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
They were the best spinoffs ever! I loved them and am hoping for a stadium 3. Nothing like Battle Revolution though, it was terrible! It needs to have all 649 pokemon rentable.

Pokemon Stadium 2 in particular was VERY VERY VERY hard. That Elite Four and Lance are impossible to beat.

I found a N64 at a Flea MArket about 4 months ago and bought it and stadium 1&2 for about $100 Bucks! I got a steal.

Thats actually a little more expensive than it should be.

Sirfetch’d

Thats actually a little more expensive than it should be.

It was restored and came with 2 controllers and one other non-pokemon game as well, so it was a great deal.

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
I remember it. It was very very interesting game. As jellicentfan1 said, there should be a Pokemon Stadium 3.

Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2016
I remember it but now I delete it because it only waste my space(need the space to download other staff)I also like the pokemon stadium battle system.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I do remember pulling my hair out with some of the toughest cups in Stadium 2... especially that (IIRC) Challenge Cup where you had to use rental Pokemon.

Still, fun times, fun times. If they create a 5th gen console game, its selection of battle modes needs to be as robust as it was in Stadium 1 & 2, and not like the watered down Battle Revolution.

Stodd

Dragon Tamer
Years
i beat the entire game in 2, but am having trouble in round two. its tough, but the rival is easy to beat. i have a full operational n64, with several games, including stadium 1 and 2, and snap! but the stadium games are so detailed, its amazing how you can win using only rentals, unlike these newer spin offs. (although i used a ho-oh, unimportant!!) i also prefer there move animations over the newer games. the attacks actually seem to hit hard, and the newer games, the attacks just seem to be soft, idk how to explain it. i like the music and animation, and also the graphics, better than the new games. never liked the newer gens too much.

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2018
Stadium 2 is my favorite home console Pokémon game!

I remember the hardest part was the Challenge Cup in Round two, I was lucky enough to get a rental Kingdra, Typhlosion and Ampharos.

I miss the rule sets that didn't allow to get more than one Pokémon asleep or frozen.

I was disappointed when I first played Pokémon Colosseum, I was expecting a Gym Leader Castle. The RPG mode made up for it and the RSE music, but I still wanted to fight the Hoenn Gym Leaders and Elite Four in 3D graphics.

I agree with LeSabre, if they make a 5th gen console game, they better get rid of annoying gimmicks like in Battle Revolution and go back to the good old formula, and possibly remove rental cups of any sorts as well. But if they added that in BW2, chances are they won't.

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
How could I forget Stadium 2? I spent HOURS on that one - my sister and I loved the mini-games that one gave us - and there were so many awesome features and ways to battle. I don't know if I ever beat the Gym Challenge, but I was young, and really, it was awesome. I Mystery Gifted with the department store girl all the freaking time.

Those were the days!

And they totally need to make a new Stadium game. Just like the old ones and not like PBR. Sure, you can give us character customization - as long as it isn't sprite recolors. Or let us use in-game trainers.

Stodd

Dragon Tamer
Years
i agree! they need to stick with what works. stadium had a really great battle formula. use your color games, and if you couldn't or didnt have enough pokes, use these rentals! every console game after stadium, 2 just got worse and worse. don't get me wrong, shadow pokes are great, but thats all that was really good in the newer stuff. have another stadium game, but make it to where you can earn the shadow pokes by doing certain tasks. somethin like that.

Ice Car

Banned
Years
The minigames. I don't even remember there being a story, I just played the minigames with my brother and sometimes my cousin and we'd have a great time.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Pokemon Stadium 2 was my gen II, since I didn't play GSC in their hay day. Loved it, to say the least. Taught me how to battle correctly and it's where I first saw my beloved Umbreon. <3

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Of course I do! I still play it sometimes on my N64! It's a fantastic game, as was Stadium 1. I wish the newer games for consoles such as Wii were like them.

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2012
I have recently started playing that game on my psp "N64" emulator and it looks very fun. I have had a few problems, for example I can only play with preset Lv 20 (ISH?) pokemon but I cant level any of them up because I cant upload any gamepaks. Regardless, this game is entertaining and seeing my fav pokemon in 3d is a bonus.

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2013
oh yes i remember i even still have pokemon stadium 1 *plays for an hour or so*
i already won it man i wish there was a restart game code thingy :(

Back