• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
An old program called poketronic will make a basic wild battle script for you, but if you want anything more than the battle, you are going to have to edit it yourself.
I Have that program and it's just to catch the legendary Pokemon and maybe a few others
I used the program but how do make it vanish from the screen

Last edited:

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Ok, I got a question...

So I have succesfully replaced the FireRed Battle Background! Yay! ^_^

Replace_zpsec9def96.png

Now here's the problem when I enter the battle it looks like this.

Error_zpsa4a40502.png

So anyone having the same problem and have a way to fix this? I think this is something with the raw pallete map right? Or maybe something to do with the palletes.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
An old program called poketronic will make a basic wild battle script for you, but if you want anything more than the battle, you are going to have to edit it yourself.
I Have that program and it's just to catch the legendary Pokemon and maybe a few others
I used the program but how do make it vanish from the screen

Once you create the script, which it will do for any pokemon, just search through the menus, make sure you put it into a place where there is nothig but free space so you can edit it. Add the comand hidesprite 0x(person number) to the part of the script you want it to disappear at. Then set an unsed flag. Set the number of that flag to the person id of the sprite in amap. This will make it stay gone when the flag is set.

masterquestmq

Enthusiastic Rom Hacker
Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Haven't open up my hacking folder for a while
why does XSE 1.1.1 crash everytime I open it? Did something happen to the program?

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Haven't open up my hacking folder for a while
why does XSE 1.1.1 crash everytime I open it? Did something happen to the program?

This is answered here many times already but let me answer in the XSE folder in the settings file open it and search AutoUpdateCheck = 1 change one to 0 and your good.

Years
I want a trainer to "reactivate" when you leave and reenter an area, but have not found a way to actually make a trainer challenge you a second time. This is not a VS. Seeker rematch, nor someone you speak to. I simply want the trainer to act as if you had not defeated them the first time, seeing and challenging you as usual.

Unfortunately, I don't know what offset the flag for this is at: the trainerbattle command handles this automatically.

Does anyone know how to do this?

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Ok, I got a question...

Replace_zpsec9def96.png

Error_zpsa4a40502.png

So anyone having the same problem and have a way to fix this? I think this is something with the raw pallete map right? Or maybe something to do with the palletes.
This might be a complicated job but maybe not. In any way, you're possibly going to have to re-code something with assembly.

If you open VBA's "Palette Viewer", you can notice the palettes are loaded to ram starting at 0x05000000. I might be able to help you out better if I knew what the palette map would look like in your hack but in original FireRed, it looks like the battle background palette starts at 0x05000042 (I noticed this by checking how the palette ram was affected in the first rival battle in Oak's lab when the palettes turn gray during Oak's speech.

So somewhere in that region, probably before 0x050000C0 (where some black palette data is located, again in original FireRed) you have some tiles using their palette as 0x7FFF (FF 7F) or values similar to that, leading into the white screen being part of battle background.

You should somehow debug how those palettes are loaded and by modifying some routines, change them into similar values that represent the new battle background you have got there.

And this job is far from impossible but it is actual rom hacking ;)

Years
Once you create the script, which it will do for any pokemon, just search through the menus, make sure you put it into a place where there is nothig but free space so you can edit it. Add the comand hidesprite 0x(person number) to the part of the script you want it to disappear at. Then set an unsed flag. Set the number of that flag to the person id of the sprite in amap. This will make it stay gone when the flag is set.
My set sprites vanished once i leave the screen but shouldn't it vanish right away I'm using PKSV-UI for the flag list since i don't know where one is
Scratch that I saw on a tut a comment of a Kygore thing that got my results and my Kygore vanished right away after catching it

Last edited:

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
This might be a complicated job but maybe not. In any way, you're possibly going to have to re-code something with assembly.

If you open VBA's "Palette Viewer", you can notice the palettes are loaded to ram starting at 0x05000000. I might be able to help you out better if I knew what the palette map would look like in your hack but in original FireRed, it looks like the battle background palette starts at 0x05000042 (I noticed this by checking how the palette ram was affected in the first rival battle in Oak's lab when the palettes turn gray during Oak's speech.

So somewhere in that region, probably before 0x050000C0 (where some black palette data is located, again in original FireRed) you have some tiles using their palette as 0x7FFF (FF 7F) or values similar to that, leading into the white screen being part of battle background.

You should somehow debug how those palettes are loaded and by modifying some routines, change them into similar values that represent the new battle background you have got there.

And this job is far from impossible but it is actual rom hacking ;)

Hmm.... Mine starts at 0x05000042... :/

It seems I just replaced the wrong battle background I guess cause when I look in the Map viewer those white background was beside it.

I replaced the sprite #3 in UNLZ so is it the right sprite to replace in UNLZ for the grass background?

wierddude22

New hacker
Years
Spoiler:

Yeah, I made a trainer script added it in but then that happens when i am a step away from said trainer. (It happens on all trainers)
This only happens if the trainer box is ticked. The script works fine if you talk to them.
Also if you battle them then they notice you again (By talking to the side then walking in front of them)

Is this fixable or am i going to have to start again?

karatekid552

Years
I want a trainer to "reactivate" when you leave and reenter an area, but have not found a way to actually make a trainer challenge you a second time. This is not a VS. Seeker rematch, nor someone you speak to. I simply want the trainer to act as if you had not defeated them the first time, seeing and challenging you as usual.

Unfortunately, I don't know what offset the flag for this is at: the trainerbattle command handles this automatically.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Okay, just make a level script that has this in it:

setrainerflag 0x(trainer #)

Now, everytime you enter the map, it should set the flag and allow you to battle them. Trainers have their own set of flags and it is simply just their number.

I know what you're thinking, shouldn't the flag be clear to battle? Just for anyone seeing this, trainer flags work oposite of regular flags. I saw a post once that explained why, and it's not really backwards, but I can't remember exactly how he put it. So, it's easiest just to remember it as backwards.

Years
  • Seen Feb 13, 2016
Does anyone know how I would go about writing a script to return the player to the title screen?

karatekid552

Years
Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

I know that there are a few specials that are "corrupt" and will reset the game to just after gameboy introduction when the copyright comes up. Are you looking for this effect, like after the credits finish rolling, or directly to the titlescreen?

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Ok, I got a question...

Replace_zpsec9def96.png

Error_zpsa4a40502.png

It looks like you've only partially set which palette your background should use, rather than all of it. If you open your tileset/ tilemap combo in NTME, scroll down and switch to the palette view there should be a large section of the tilemap which has a different palette to the one you want. Reassign the palette used by these tiles, reinsert the tilemap and everything should look okay in-game.

It also looks like the white tiles are repeating over and over again, so I'm assuming that you haven't edited the lower half of the tilemap at all. You're going to have to do this as well if you want a seamless transition in the opening battlescreen.

CrystalRose

Maiden
Years
I know this might sound like a noob question since I'm new to the community and all..... and I've tried to search already before asking, especially on some mapping tutorials, but still no luck.

I'd like to know where can I get "custom graphics resources" to input on my own hack. I mean:

pnh8d.png

ykYxa.png

UMhDl.png

Like on those hacks. Stuff like the snow graphics, the "swamp like trees", the spider thing..... etc.

I'd be glad if someone could link me to a place so I can get them.

Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2023
I have some questions about person events:

1. If I use a script to move a person event from one place to another, how can I have that event stay in the place when I warp away from and back to that map?
  2. How can I have an event start hidden? I have a map with many rock smash person events, but I don't want them to be visible until a level script is run.
Thanks.

karatekid552

Years
I know this might sound like a noob question since I'm new to the community and all..... and I've tried to search already before asking, especially on some mapping tutorials, but still no luck.

I'd like to know where can I get "custom graphics resources" to input on my own hack. I mean:

pnh8d.png

ykYxa.png

UMhDl.png

Like on those hacks. Stuff like the snow graphics, the "swamp like trees", the spider thing..... etc.

I'd be glad if someone could link me to a place so I can get them.

If there is anything, it will be in the rom hack resouces thread stickied just below this one. Most of those tilesets you see in hacks are drawn by the creater of the hack, specifically for their hack. So, if you're not an artist, and you can't find a rom base, you'll need to enlist an artist. Its a very sought after thing.

I have some questions about person events:

1. If I use a script to move a person event from one place to another, how can I have that event stay in the place when I warp away from and back to that map?
  2. How can I have an event start hidden? I have a map with many rock smash person events, but I don't want them to be visible until a level script is run.
Thanks.

For the first one, use the comand movesprite2 after the movement. It is set up like this:

movesprite2 0x(person ID) 0x(x-coordinate) 0x(y-coordinate)

The second one is a little bit tougher. Different people have different opinions and I've done it more than one way. One option is to set their person ID as a flag number you are going to use. Then have that flag be set before the player enters the map. This will make them dissapear. Then, in the level script, clear the flag and the use the showsprite command inbetween two fadescreens to show them.

-If the player is not in view of the rocks when the level script is called, you may not need the fadescreens.

The other way I know only works for small objects, so it should work for rocks. Set their behavior in Amap as te second (or is it third?) hidden option. Yes, there is a differnce between them. This should make them appear invisible and unfeelable. Then, you can call a showsprite inbetween two fadescreen commands to show them, please note that with this methood, the rocks will dissappear if the player leaves the view of the rocks. I think there may be a permant showsprite command, but I'm not sure. Look into the command database built into XSE and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back