• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Spiky's DS Map Editor (NOW OPEN-SOURCE)

RockeTODAMoon

Swaggernaut
Years
Sorry for the lack of updates, but today I have a screenshot that is worth a thousand words. Thanks to Link_971 we now have a French translation of the tool (German and Chinese on the works as well), and HGSS scripts are nearly done.

However, one of the most interesting additions in version 1.7.0 will probably be Generation V support for headers, matrices and maps (the latter partial). It began as a test branch, but now it's official in the main version and you'll be able to edit any of the four games in all languages.

Thanks for your support, enjoy the picture!

Awesome progress man!
I hope you will be online soon on Skype, I've alot to talk about :D

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2019
Awesome progress man!
I hope you will be online soon on Skype, I've alot to talk about :D

I've been offline this week because of a small vacation, now I'm back working on SDSME. Today I finished implementing the German strings into the tool, which makes it already available in 5 languages. I hope this version will be awesome for you all.

By the way, I've seen today an early OBJ->NSBMD converter that does the trick without plugins or anything else. I think this may open DS hacking to even more people :)

Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2013
I've been offline this week because of a small vacation, now I'm back working on SDSME. Today I finished implementing the German strings into the tool, which makes it already available in 5 languages. I hope this version will be awesome for you all.

By the way, I've seen today an early OBJ->NSBMD converter that does the trick without plugins or anything else. I think this may open DS hacking to even more people :)

I´m sorry for asking you, but could you say me where? because i have the models but i can´t convert them into nsbmd, it´s the only problem I have tto create my game.

thanks for all, and I am waiting for the update too :D

Nyndyll

PD : O Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 10, 2014
I'm viewing the list of internal names of the maps in pokemon platinum and don't know which is which. Is there a way I could change the names to the ones you see in the game?

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2019
I'm viewing the list of internal names of the maps in pokemon platinum and don't know which is which. Is there a way I could change the names to the ones you see in the game?

Of course you can change them, as long as the name doesn't exceed 16 characters. Also, keep in mind it's only for the game you are editing, not for every game you open since editing the names :)

EDIT: Version 1.7.0 is now available for download. It introduces the script viewer, and most importantly, Gen V support. Other minor additions and fixes have been done as well, like a new coordinate system in the buildings editor, a trainer class editor or a sound file list. Hope you enjoy it!

http://www.mediafire.com/?kq77b55j47mr18l

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2024
Yay, Downloading 1.7.0 Now =)

Edit: Loading HGSS crashes the program :/

Last edited:

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2019
Yay, Downloading 1.7.0 Now =)

Edit: Loading HGSS crashes the program :/

It's not HGSS, it's Windows. Sometimes it blocks access to ROM files, and SDSME shows an error because it can't write them. I'll do my best to fix that as soon as possible, but until then the only solution is to close the tool and reopen it.

Also, to all gen V hackers, don't be scared by long loading times. BW are 256 MB in size, and B2W2 are 512 MB, which is a lot of data to read and write. It'll eventually load, don't worry :)

Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2024
It's not HGSS, it's Windows. Sometimes it blocks access to ROM files, and SDSME shows an error because it can't write them. I'll do my best to fix that as soon as possible, but until then the only solution is to close the tool and reopen it.

Also, to all gen V hackers, don't be scared by long loading times. BW are 256 MB in size, and B2W2 are 512 MB, which is a lot of data to read and write. It'll eventually load, don't worry :)

Just tried it. It crashed again. Okay maybe not "crashed" but it gives an error which I will post below and says continue or quit:

Spoiler:

Also where did you get your list of scripts from?
As I'm working on a script editor, you seem to have more command names then me. I got my list from these forums pichu2000 I think... but alot of the commands from there end up like "unknown###" in my editor since they aren't on the list :|

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
I actually don't know how to edit maps... maybe a tutorial would help,
can you make the program easier to use like advance map in the next update?
I would appreciate that.

VERGUNDAI

RomHacker, Unity 3D Maker
Years
I actually don't know how to edit maps... maybe a tutorial would help,
can you make the program easier to use like advance map in the next update?
I would appreciate that.

PokeShinySilver made an awesome tutorial update, please feel free to go check it out in he forums tutorial.

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2019
Just tried it. It crashed again. Okay maybe not "crashed" but it gives an error which I will post below and says continue or quit:

As I'm working on a script editor, you seem to have more command names then me. I got my list from these forums pichu2000 I think... but alot of the commands from there end up like "unknown###" in my editor since they aren't on the list :|

I'm really sorry for that bug, I've noticed a typo in the loading code that probably broke HGSS support since previous versions of the tool. Now it's fixed and up again, just redownload the file from the same link and it'll work fine.

The script list was partially made by me by hand, that's why the version took so long to release. I first used PPRE's source code as a base for commands, then fixed some commands with Pichu2000's, and finally made a lot of work myself trying different combinations of commands until everything worked as expected. That means some commands may not be 100% correct, so if any of you sees something weird while reading scripts or has a command name suggestion (specially for unnamed commands), I'll be pleased to hear advice from you :)

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years

Spoiler:

Im getting the same error here.

YORAMRW

8-bit producer & Pokémon GB music hacker
Years
Well, with the latest SDSME, I decided to have some fun.

Spoiler:

That's pretty cool! I'm going to download the latest version!

VERGUNDAI

RomHacker, Unity 3D Maker
Years
You can, but you'd also have to import the textures into the game.

Yeah, for people who want to import maps and textures from BW/BW2 this is optional, the only hard part is that BW maps are more difficult to edit. Rather than the easy 4th Gen maps..

Check out what i did for the past 30 Minutes of my life...
I also wonder if we could use the Bell tower on BW/BW2 for Spear Pillar

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Does anyone know what would be the best program for actual map model editing? Maya 7 always gives me ugly-looking results when I convert from obj-->imd-->nsbmd-->SDSME, and 3DS Max 6 isn't an option for me because I have Windows 7. Currently, is actual map model editing impossible for Windows 7 users?

Last edited:

Michielleus

That random guy
Years
The script editing function looks nice- will actual script editing be possible in the next version?

I hope so, because then I can finally edit all things that ppre couldn't without freezing the game.

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2019
The script editing function looks nice- will actual script editing be possible in the next version?

I hope so, because then I can finally edit all things that ppre couldn't without freezing the game.

Version 1.8.0 will introduce scripts and missing features in Gen V in the same manner as 1.7.0 did for Gen IV. Script editing won't be possible until 1.9.0, and for 2.0.0 I'm planning something huge :)

Back