• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challeggs

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelicPikachu

"We're Ready"
Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2016
How about Lucario? Since you get Lucario as a gift at some point in the game :)

Great that'll work thank you much LilJz

fixed my sign up..I thought I had a buneary oh well Azumarill is fine

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Question, if I'm playing Gen II, do I HAVE to search for a Lucky Egg or I can just make my Pokemon hold a Nugget? Since searching for a Chansey PLUS holding a Lucky Egg is quite tedious.

You can just go with the Nugget. I'm not gonna make people do insane sidequests and searching for a Lucky Egg.

Also, adding Carbink to the bun bun list. It's a...rock bunny? :)

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
LilJz and WarriorCat, Dementia gave you Corsola and Klefki, respectively, but these are not gift Pokemon, right?

So LilJz, you can have Flareon, unless you hatch a Magby from the Odd Egg, then take Jolteon. Remember you can hack in a Stone if needed, or using the PokeGear system to get one.

WarriorCat, you get Tyrantrum from the Jaw Fossil!

Also, I updated my team in my signup post. :)

One more thing - I saw a mention elsewhere that Wigglytuff could be a bunny?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'm going to update the first post to make it more clear that when you assign a gift, it MUST be a gift that is given in the game.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Hmm, kinda confused here now lol, A season of giving must be from a gift Pokemon that we get in game or other challengers can give us ANY Pokemon they choose?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Another person will pick from the in-game gift Pokemon of your game. I picked White 2, so the gifts in that game (during main story anyway) are Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott, Deerling, and Zorua. The gift that was chosen for me was Snivy. You can check in-game gift Pokemon via Serebii in the section for the game the player signed up with. Fossils also count as gifts.

Make sense?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
You're welcome bby bird! Also, I'm going to be working really late tonight so I won't be here to let people know officially when the cut off is for the bonus, but right now, it's 2:30 PM my time, so there's still time to sign up and get the bonus. Anyone that signs up that's not within February 28th Central Time cannot get the bonus, and I will check and make sure that doesn't happen.

And starting my challenge tomorrow. The hard part is figuring out whose name goes on which Pokemon. :P

Years
Yay, a site challenge~

Username: Waters_Echo
Game: Crystal (isn't is always...?)

Arose in three; Magneton (with tri-attack)
Giving; > (see bottom of post)
Eggcellent!; > (depends on Giving pokemon)
Roses; Meganium (very tempted to say "victreebel", which can get giga drain by TM and leech life and synthesis via breeding, buttt...)
Gifter; Persian (with pay day)
Cottontail!; Azumarill

(gift pokemon:
starter, toge-egg, mystery egg, Kenya-the-spearow, eevee, Shuckie-the-shuckle, dratini, tyrogue)

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I still need someone to assign me a gift... :/

I'll give you yours :)

Casform!

Yay, a site challenge~

Username: Waters_Echo
Game: Crystal (isn't is always...?)

Arose in three; Magneton (with tri-attack)
Giving; > (see bottom of post)
Eggcellent!; > (depends on Giving pokemon)
Roses; Meganium (very tempted to say "victreebel", which can get giga drain by TM and leech life and synthesis via breeding, buttt...)
Gifter; Persian (with pay day)
Cottontail!; Azumarill

(gift pokemon:
starter, toge-egg, mystery egg, Kenya-the-spearow, eevee, Shuckie-the-shuckle, dratini, tyrogue)

For yours, you will be the trainer of the almighty Shuckie the Shuckle :)

Last edited:
Years

EggMS.png
This challenge is for all games, except RBY and FRLG due to lack of rabbits and eggs.

Hmm but don't both nidoran families count as bunnies? The egg thing still nullifies RBY/FRLG though. Also, aren't plusle, minun, victini and audino bunnies to a certain extent?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Hmm but don't both nidoran families count as bunnies? The egg thing still nullifies RBY/FRLG though. Also, aren't plusle, minun, victini and audino bunnies to a certain extent?

Nido line is definitely not bunny. :( Victini is actually based on those apple bunnies though, so yeah, I can add that, but it's a legendary. I knew I forgot a rule, ugh. :| I think it will be the only legendary allowed then. Plusle and Minun are more like mice, and Audino is...wow what even is Audino lmao.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
LilJz and WarriorCat, Dementia gave you Corsola and Klefki, respectively, but these are not gift Pokemon, right?

So LilJz, you can have Flareon, unless you hatch a Magby from the Odd Egg, then take Jolteon. Remember you can hack in a Stone if needed, or using the PokeGear system to get one.

WarriorCat, you get Tyrantrum from the Jaw Fossil!

Also, I updated my team in my signup post. :)

I edited my first post and assigned Lilly Shuckle instead of Corsola ._. But I guess Flareon will do ._.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years

It would help if they didn't put Pokemon species as like "cheering" and "happiness" or something. Just tell us what it's based on aruhgjfhs. I have to head out to work now, but I'll think about it.

AngelicPikachu

"We're Ready"
Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2016
@ Everlark xD Audino is a...umm...wait...no its...oh I don't know
BADGES:
1/8

ON TEAM

Spoiler:

UPDATE-
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Username: Luigi-San
Game: Complex Crystal

1. "He arose in three days.":
Spr_2c_085.gif

2. "A season of giving.": Will use my allotted bonus to pick my gift. Most likely this will be
Spr_2c_197.gif

3. "Eggcellent!":
Spr_2g_Egg.png
Whoever hatches from the Odd Egg.

4. "Roses are red.":
Spr_2c_192.gif

5. "The gift that keeps on giving.":
Spr_2c_053.gif
(w\ Pay Day)

6. "Here comes Peter Cottontail!":
Spr_2c_184.gif
(by default, lol)

Years
Trainer Kaja

Badges: Zephyr, Hive, Plain
Team:
Gul, the flower;
Meganium, male, lv.45, miracle seed,
-Attacks: Tackle, synthesis, body slam, razor leaf
-Notes: "Gul" Means "flower, rose" in Persian and Urdu."

Prosepi, the eggcellent;
Pikachu, female, lv.37, -,
-Attacks: Thunderbolt, charm, dizzy punch, headbutt
-Notes: Name from "Prosepina"; Means "to emerge" in Latin

Tri, the arisen;
Magnemite, /, lv.25, quick claw,
-Attacks: Thundershock, supersonic, tackle, sonicboom
-Notes:

Ilkay, the rabbit;
Azumarill, female, lv.23, -,
-Attacks: watergun, headbutt, defence curl, rollout
-Notes: Name means "new moon" in Turkish, derived from ilk "first" and ay "moon" (I find it funny because a. one of my first ten encounters in Mortar, b. caught with first pokeball, & c. moon rabbit.)
- Also, she is kind of... weak.

Dahnanjay, the giver;
Meowth, male, lv.19, -, -
-Attacks: Scratch, bite, growl
-Notes: Means "winning wealth" in Sanskrit.
- Oh my gods, he's actually strong and competent at level 20 (unlike, say, Ilkay)

---
Now let's sit back and not ever think about my completely ridiculous grinding habits
And... Shuckie? I... Did I do something to offend you? Why would you do this to us? That is painful.
So, so painful.
For someone like me, who prioritizes only using pokemon with our own ID, attacking stats and speed above the others, and just generally everything Shuckie is not.
This is painful. I guess it is a challenge, though...
OH YEAH, and also

Aberash, the SHINY ZUBAT, YEAH!;
SHINY ZUBAT, female, lv.13, -, -
-Notes: Means "giving off light" in Amharic. Probably.
- But I can't USE her, which is a shame. Because we have to use Shuckie. (And Ilkay.)(but at least Ilkay HAS an attack and sp.attack and speed stat)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back