• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Nexus 7 due end of July?

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
For all you tablet fans out there, the refreshed Nexus 7 might be coming as early as the end of this month! I'm interested to see what Google/ASUS come up with.

Rumors of a refreshed Nexus 7 have been making their way around the net for quite sometime now. In fact, we're positive it's coming. Soon. What we aren't sure of is exactly how Google and ASUS are planning on refreshing the popular tab.

The latest rumor making the rounds is from the Taiwanese site Economic Daily who seems to have it on good authority that the device is looking towards a late July release. This date was also reported by Reuters in April and the oft hit-or-miss Digitimes back in June. Digitimes also mentioned that a 16GB model would be offered for $230. What's interesting about the latest rumor is that they're still going with the Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, as opposed to the Snapdragon 600 given by an ASUS support rep.

Perhaps the only spec we can be sure of at this point is a 5MP camera and LTE connectivity, both leaked in an FCC filing back in June. In either case, rumors have begun escalating that an iPad Mini refresh is also due out soon and if Google wants that competitive edge (aside from rock bottom low pricing), they'd better get a move on.

I own the original Nexus 7 myself, but I am definitely keeping my eye out on the new one coming out this year (month apparently?!). Are you excited about this new tablet?

Source: Android Phone Fans

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
They just announced the new Nexus 7 yesterday, and to be quite honest, DO WANT, MAN.

It's extremely improved, and it's finally confirmed that it'll be running on a new Android OS, and it'll have an okay processor (Qualcomm Snapdragon S4). What I really like about this tablet is the updated Android OS, it's gonna carry 4.3 and you know what 4.3 includes, right? WIRELESS CHARGING.

& to answer the above: I'm already excited. xD

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
The wireless charging feature would be quite nice on my current N7 but I can't justify spending a lot of money on just a refreshed tablet. ;-;

Years
I would like to have a Nexus 7, too. I mean, 1920x1200 resolution on a 7-inch tablet. That's enough for me to want one xD

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Yeah, the PPI just blows me away. That'll be one beautiful screen. Tbh, if I got another tablet I'd probably get a bigger one. But who knows. I'll see what's out in a few years. Definitely happy getting a Nexus device though.

Back