• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official "How much is my card worth?" Thread [READ THE FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 3, 2016
1: A set of 20 1st edition cards, all common except for ~4 uncommon
2: First edition set (dunno what it's called
3:All cards x/62
1: 1st edition Zapdos fossil
2: First edition set
3: 30/62 *

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 24, 2014
Hello first post here on the forums i hope i am posting to the right place.

I have a lot of cards from the team rocket set. All the cards i own were opened from the same box. I have a problem with one though. It has 2 problems. The card is dark charmeleon. Its holographic which is not supposed to be and the index number on the bottom right corner is 15/82 which is supposed to be an another card. All the other cards are fine. Can someone enlighten me if this is a misprint or a fake. I can post picture if needed. I did checked them and they dont seem fake to me

Years
1: A set of 20 1st edition cards, all common except for ~4 uncommon
2: First edition set (dunno what it's called
3:All cards x/62
1: 1st edition Zapdos fossil
2: First edition set
3: 30/62 *

1. Fossil 1st Edition Commons and Uncommons: $0.50 to $1 apiece.

2. 1st Edition Fossil Zapdos 30/62: $2 to $6.

Hello first post here on the forums i hope i am posting to the right place.

I have a lot of cards from the team rocket set. All the cards i own were opened from the same box. I have a problem with one though. It has 2 problems. The card is dark charmeleon. Its holographic which is not supposed to be and the index number on the bottom right corner is 15/82 which is supposed to be an another card. All the other cards are fine. Can someone enlighten me if this is a misprint or a fake. I can post picture if needed. I did checked them and they dont seem fake to me

There is no record of such an error ever existing as far as I can tell... I have suspicions that it's a fake. Mind posting a picture up as an attachment to your next post in this thread?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 24, 2014
1. Fossil 1st Edition Commons and Uncommons: $0.50 to $1 apiece.

2. 1st Edition Fossil Zapdos 30/62: $2 to $6.

There is no record of such an error ever existing as far as I can tell... I have suspicions that it's a fake. Mind posting a picture up as an attachment to your next post in this thread?
Err i cannot send links cause i have yet to complete 15 posts. I there another way to send you the image? Or to post the pic here?

Edit: Nvm i found the attachments :P

Years
Err i cannot send links cause i have yet to complete 15 posts. I there another way to send you the image? Or to post the pic here?

Yes. Click the "Post Reply" button, and that will bring you to the full post editor. In the buttons on that page, there should be a button that looks like a paper clip. Click that button, which should bring up the Manage Attachments window, and then upload the picture as an attachment.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 24, 2014
Yes. Click the "Post Reply" button, and that will bring you to the full post editor. In the buttons on that page, there should be a button that looks like a paper clip. Click that button, which should bring up the Manage Attachments window, and then upload the picture as an attachment.
Yeah found it :) the pic its in my previous post thanks:)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 24, 2014
Yeah, that looks like a fake. Dark Charmeleon was never a holo, and the fact that you can see a holo ring pretty clearly on the parts of the card that are not the picture pretty much give it away as fake. Well, that and the wrong collector's number on the card.
Is there a way to be 100% sure? Maybe post some of the other cards of the set? They came from the same box and they all have the correct numbers and stuff.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 17, 2014
The description of the cards you provided lead me to believe they are fake. Would be more helpful to post pictures

Farfetched is 43/64 and I did not see any errors for it (also, not sure where the 2nd edition came from)

The only mewtwo released for neo was Shining mewtwo (109/105). If the mewtwo card is an electric type, its fake.

Donphan i believe is also fake

The dark blastoise is worth around $1-$2.

Thanks ads_2006 for your reply! I did more digging right after I posted that, and sure enough they are fake. Here I was thinking I had a goldmine! Hehe! Guess I wasn't such a smart kid at collecting them!
Thanks for your help anyway!

:)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
Worth of PSA 10 graded Japanese Crystal Crobat. Only 3 in existence.

Not sure, pretty hard to nail down because of the PSA grade and none being available on ebay.

is yours first edition?

if so, than it may be worth anywhere from $150 - $230. Thats some of the prices I saw on ebay. IDK if a person would be willing to pay that, but it's an estimate i guess. However, those were for a PSA 9 and ungraded "mint". So, with yours being a PSA 10, it could be more towards the $230 range or a little higher.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
Is there a way to be 100% sure? Maybe post some of the other cards of the set? They came from the same box and they all have the correct numbers and stuff.

do you remember where you got the box from?

Its possible that only the charmeleon was fake and the others may be real. If you want to post some of the cards your most concerned about being fake, I wouldn't mind taking a look.

However, not sure if you can post them in this thread or a different one!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 24, 2014
do you remember where you got the box from?

Its possible that only the charmeleon was fake and the others may be real. If you want to post some of the cards your most concerned about being fake, I wouldn't mind taking a look.

However, not sure if you can post them in this thread or a different one!
Well the box was a left over from a closed shop. It was a jungle set and the team rocket set. I can post cards from both sets if needed. Is this the correct thread? Or should i pm them to you?

Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2015
will you tell the value of common or uncommon cards if they have a error of sum kind?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
Well the box was a left over from a closed shop. It was a jungle set and the team rocket set. I can post cards from both sets if needed. Is this the correct thread? Or should i pm them to you?

maybe posting them in the quick question thread that is pinned would be more appropriate (if your concerned about authenticity), unless you are interested in the value of the cards you are posting. If thats the case, post in here!

Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2015
ok then, so what would be the value of, a psyduck from HS triumphant, mint condition, and for the attack, tripping headbutt, it says filp a coin instead of fliip a coin. and a dialga from the Diamond and pearl great encounters, fair condition, and it has the wrong illustrator on it.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
ok then, so what would be the value of, a psyduck from HS triumphant, mint condition, and for the attack, tripping headbutt, it says filp a coin instead of fliip a coin. and a dialga from the Diamond and pearl great encounters, fair condition, and it has the wrong illustrator on it.

I believe the psyduck is about 1-2 dollars

and the dialga, I am not sure about, but I believe its anywhere from 5-10 dollars

Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2015
oh, one more. Pikachu card, almost mint condition, it has gold cheeks when it's supposed to have red ones I think. I don't know what set it's from though because it's a 1995, 96, 98 card so it doesn't have a symbol. thx in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back