• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Goatman4's Deck

Years
Goatman, I've gone ahead and split your post from the sticky since you have a decklist, so the deck gets more review attention. That sticky thread is basically just a post with format guidelines to make deck reviews easier to do for those who are reviewing.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
K so first off like many decks that people make have similar problems. This deck is obviously based around theme decks. You want to aim for a ratio of
10-14 pokemon 12ish supporters 20ish items and 10-14 energy.

Trainer cards are the life blood of decks. Without them, most decks will flop around and lose.

Pick at most 2 lines of pokemon, and add more the of same pokemon in, to get better consistency.

Fairy Tale~

Straight Outta Compton
Years
how about this deck. pokemon 15

giratina ex 1
darkrai ex 1
giratina full art 1
darkrai full art 1
crobat 1
golbat 2
zubat 2
krookodile dark 1
krokorok dark 2
sandile dark 2
deoxeys full art 1

trainers 35

pokemon catcher 2
skyla 3

still thinking about it .

Meaii

The countdown begins ...
Years
People are serious about the Pokémon Cards? When I was younger, we were just throwing them at each other and just looking for the shinier ones, heh.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
theres no reason to draw attention to the art style of the card. Full art or not it does the same thing and is the same card. It just seems like you are bragging about it.

Either way. two 2-step pokemon will be highly inconsistent. Especially with only 1 crobat. It should be more like 3-1-3 crobat at least. a single 2nd step its terrible. For a few reasons. Since you only have one. If it gets knocked out, thats it. The rest of the line is pointless. If it ends up being prized, you cant even make use of its pre evolutions.

If you wanted to run both those pokemon, you would definitely have to suffer in the trainer/energy counts. Those pokemon dont really have any synergy together, and are just 2 pokemon you like or you think are good. So basically you are ruining consistency of your deck, without really getting anything out of it.

Fairy Tale~

Straight Outta Compton
Years
Okay thanks ill see to it.

I'm not bragging donavannj said I should be more specific.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
by more specific. He probably mean which set is the pokemon from. Not just the card number. But the set. Since a lot of pokemon have different prints, allowing for different strategies with the same pokemon.

Either way your pokemon amount is still too in consistent. Example of a good one with your pokemon.

3-1-3 Crobat PLS
2 Giratina PLS
2 Sigilyph DRX
3 Deoxys PLF

With this set up. Crobat will be your main attacker, doing 40 + 60 between turns with virbank. With the addition of 3 deoxys, it will hit for 40+ 30 +60 between turns, which is pretty close to OHKOing most non Exs. Plasma Kyurem most notably. With the addition of a bangle on crobat, it then hits for 40 +30(bangle) + 30 (deoxy) + 60 between turns to ex pokemon. Unfortunately, 10 damage short of the common ex hp. You can take out one sigilyph and put in 1 more deoxys if you deem it needed. It will allow you to hit for 140 non ex and 170 on ex. But the chances of having all 4 out are kind of slim and you still cant OHKO the likes of Darkrai, especially with resistance.

Giratina works with hypnotoxic as well. Allowing it to hit for 50 + 50 + 30(bangle) + 30 (Poison) + 30 (Deoxys). Thus being able to OHKO the exs, where crobat fails to.

Sigilyph is your only non ex non plasma pokemon. Being able to be the only thing that can attack another safeguard, mirrored pokemon. Not the best, but it also can be the most annoying pokemon in your deck to attack.

Also with this set up you can use level balls and plasma balls. No ultraballs required, thus no discarding for to pay for search.

Though you have to choose between Double colorless energy (attack in 2 turns). Or plasma energy with colress machine to allow deoxys to attack as well as sort of work as DCE, but requires a lot more luck and cards. You could try both, but it probably wont work out.

Last edited:
Years
What Profen said is what I meant. I need to know the set it's from. I only need to know the collector's number of the card if, for instance, it had two completely different cards that have different attacks and/or stats within the same set, like Tynamo does in Next Destinies (there's a 30 HP one and a 40 HP one in that set).

We still need to know the sets the cards are from to be able to give a quality rating and critique, Goatman4.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
Now you decide what pokemon you want to use. my suggestion is in my last post. Either way you need to streamline your pokemon. Keep in mind that Noble Victories has been cycled out, so it cant be used in offical tournaments. You may want to look into buying some singles online of pokemon you need if you can. If there are any types of decks you want to build, let me know and i can work up a sample deck list.

Years
mine are reprints so there legal.

The Druddigon printed in Noble Victories was not reprinted in a later set, so it is not tournament legal. No other Druddigon cards have the Rough Skin Ability, or are even of the Colorless type for that matter.

In order for a card to be considered a reprint, it has to be basically an exact copy, right down to the attacks, attack costs, HP, retreat cost, weakness, resistance, and evolution stage. Though the rarity can be different on a reprint when compared to the original.

Back