• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Odyssey: TCA

Waudby

I haven't shown too much recently however I can show you a nice new screen shot right now, it's pretty much the finalised version of how the battle system will look.

screenshot4.png

I hope you all like it. It looks like Turtwig is going down :P​

alo123

Munchlax Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 25, 2019
those screen shots are great cant wait to play keep up the good work

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
Years
That looks excellent...question...Is the table permanent, or will it change with certain elemental characters? Like...Brun = Rock type table? just to add a touch to the game.

Waudby

those screen shots are great cant wait to play keep up the good work

Thanks a lot. A lot of time is going into the game and although progress is slow a lot is happening on the programming side of things.

That looks excellent...question...Is the table permanent, or will it change with certain elemental characters? Like...Brun = Rock type table? just to add a touch to the game.

Once we get the core systems completely finished and close to a bug free state, we'll work on making new backgrounds and improving things some more.

Waudby

Just to keep everyone in the loop, we're currently working on the trainer and support card systems and getting those to a fully workable state.

I'm really pleased with the progress so far and everything is going very smoothly, i haven't ran into any problems I cant fix yet.

There's a small A.I system in as well which is just temporary until I get the time to work on it for solid for a few hours to make it better. But over all that will be the most time consuming thing. So until everything else is done, that has to be put as a low priority.

If anyone would like to help in any way just say so, we're always looking for more artists for the cards etc :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
A delicious website sounds.... delicious :P

One of those links didn't work... the top one.

I like the signature by the way ;)
Strange, I need to find a better Mp3 host anyways...lol

If you want the code, I can give it to you for fans of the game to use o:

C.N.C

Tile Artist
Years
  • Seen Apr 24, 2013
heey i have 2 cards for you.
2unts84.png
5vsmix.png

and now i making a diglet
vyl6k8.png

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2016
I never actually played the TCG, but I did collect the cards. In fact, a big part of why I got into Pokemon is because I love collected things.

I think this game might be a good opportunity to finally play the TCG, albeit in a different way. Keep it up, and be sure to add a lot of side/minigames to balance out the gameplay.

Years
  • Seen Dec 22, 2009
Really cool. I Like it. I joined to do the sprites. Unfortunately, I have to have 15 posts

Just tell me which Pokes to do.
Btw, is the correct size 60 X 44 Pixels?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
I couldn't resist spriting a card art or two :P
Presenting Giratina Origin Forme:
giratinao.png

Waudby

2unts84.png
5vsmix.png

and now i making a diglet
vyl6k8.png

I like the card art's so far however the correct size for it is 62x46, correct them and I'll add them to the art folder :)

Really cool. I Like it. I joined to do the sprites. Unfortunately, I have to have 15 posts

Just tell me which Pokes to do.
Btw, is the correct size 60 X 44 Pixels?

The correct size is 62,46, looking forward to seeing what you can do.

This looks so awesome, I can't wait to play it.
Out of interest, what kind of sprites are you going to use for the over world?

The overworlds as still being worked on and so far they are a slightly edited version of the D/P style overworlds (subject to change however). I have the Gold and Ruby heroes in the style if you want to see (see picture).

heroes.png

Like I said above these will change the the style will be altered. I really want to go for a more realistic look, however this might not happen based on our plans for the game, it would create problems later on for the storyline ;)

I couldn't resist spriting a card art or two :P
Presenting Giratina Origin Forme:
giratinao.png

That's amazing, I had to zoom in to it and take a closer look, the amount of detail you've put in is brilliant.

@ Everyone:

Sorry for the lack of updates recently, I've managed to keep half an eye on the forums, but unluckily life has been too busy to do much work on the game. Hopefully things will speed up again soon and I'll have more stuff to show you :)

C.N.C

Tile Artist
Years
  • Seen Apr 24, 2013
i've edit size of the card and i have edit koffing and hoothoot a little bit.
243189d.png
33l2kxw.png
2zz21y0.png

Back