• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Safari Zone

assasinn

Pokemon MAULER
Years
How do you guys think the safari zone will be like in the game? I saw cars in one of the pre-release pics. Why not a safari jeep, with tranquilizer darts?

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
How do you guys think the safari zone will be like in the game? I saw cars in one of the pre-release pics. Why not a safari jeep, with tranquilizer darts?

Tranquilizer darts just screams "hunting" and "poaching". ):

I rather like my rocks and candy made of squished berries, thankyouverymuch.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2020
I just hope that it is more Safari Zone and less Marsh Land. I didn't touch the Marsh Land in Gen 4 aside from learning what it was.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
I can see a huge zoo-like area in the corner of one of the larger cities...make it a classic safari zone, with bait and rock-throwing, and maybe...just maybe the interchangeable zones from HGSS.

Honestly, I think it should be the only place where previous-generation pokemon (other than the omnipresent ones) should be found in the wild.

Redrup

The Gentleman
Years
I can see a huge zoo-like area in the corner of one of the larger cities...make it a classic safari zone, with bait and rock-throwing, and maybe...just maybe the interchangeable zones from HGSS.

Honestly, I think it should be the only place where previous-generation pokemon (other than the omnipresent ones) should be found in the wild.

I like this idea. It could be considered a 'retro zone' where you can find all of the previous generation Pokémon if you are patient enough, with likelihood of encounters being based on the rarity of particular Pokémon.

Base evolutions only as well, in my opinion.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
I would honestly prefer it if they stuck with the classics. After picking up Defog, I never revisited the Great Marsh in Diamond and Pearl. Not once. Now, that's not entirely fair because I didn't exactly spend a great deal of time in the Safari Zones in the other games either but I was particularly turned off by the Great Marsh for some reason. One thing I would like to see return from R/S/E is the replay-ability of the Safari Zone. By that I mean that some areas were only accessible with the Acro bike while others, the Mach Bike. That made the Safari Zone a lot more appealing to me.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
Years
i really hope its better than the gen 4 marsh land and go back to generation 1 and 2 type safari zones. those ones were the best. and maybe take away the step count like they did in hg/ss that made it so much easier

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2014
A Safari Jeep would be interesting! What if their were two Safari Zones? One that is around the first Gym/Second Gym and you can catch fairly low leveled Pokemon, but then there is the one that has All the level 30+ Pokemon in it.

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
Years
A Safari Jeep would be interesting! What if their were two Safari Zones? One that is around the first Gym/Second Gym and you can catch fairly low leveled Pokemon, but then there is the one that has All the level 30+ Pokemon in it.
thats good! and make the second one hav more extreme conditions, like magma and rain. mayb make it more like a zoo. where u go into differant cages or buildings. and hav a nocturnal room which is like a cave! also a safari boat like in the manga would b cool.

A Pixy

Cruel?
Years
Instead of it being all marsh like the Sinnoh one, it should be much more huge. I want a giant land to explore. There should be areas for every type. Just like Pal Park. But much bigger and less general. There should be a fire area, a water area, a dragon area, etc.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
Having a retro Safari Zone sounds like a good idea; it'd be pretty nice to catch the classics in there.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
Come to think of it, has there ever been a safari zone that required HM usage to reach all of the areas? I know Hoenn's safari zone had Rock Smash rocks, but they weren't blocking passage for anything. =/

I know there's another thread around here where people are bashing the HMs, but I think they should stick around and be used to access new areas in the Safari Zone. Of course, the area that requires the first HM acquired should have lower-levelled pokemon than the area that requires the final HM acquired. :P

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years

I think I like this idea the best. A classic-style Zone (though I think it'd work better with the HGSS version) where you can catch exotic Pokémon. n_n Since this region is supposed to be so much farther away than previous regions, it makes sense that Pokémon native to those regions are only available in carefully monitored zones and ecosystems. :p

I also like the idea of reserving certain areas of the Safari Zone for HM use. It wouldn't be that much of a hassle and it'd give a bit of replayability to the Zone.

And I suppose I wouldn't mind redoing the formula a bit. I must admit I hate Safari Zones because it's so much harder to catch Pokémon in there (and I'm so paranoid about running into a shiny and having it flee ><). I'd prefer it to be easier but that's mostly just me whining. 8/

Years
I'd like to see something dramatic like an island preserve or a biodome in place of a simple zoo. I'm pretty lax about the setup of the zone as long as the game doesn't require you to do anything needlessly time consuming to progress through the story. It would be slightly annoying to have a time limit or step limit and have there be a lot of exclusive pokemon there, but if the rest of the game is set up well there wouldn't be any need to spend much time there if you didn't want to.

~Wind~

Detective
Years
Come to think of it, has there ever been a safari zone that required HM usage to reach all of the areas? I know Hoenn's safari zone had Rock Smash rocks, but they weren't blocking passage for anything. =/

I know there's another thread around here where people are bashing the HMs, but I think they should stick around and be used to access new areas in the Safari Zone. Of course, the area that requires the first HM acquired should have lower-levelled pokemon than the area that requires the final HM acquired. :P

that sounds like the entrance to the pokemon league in R/B/Y/FR/LG you could progress through gates that required hms to prove you had all the badges, you could get through a few gates with 3 or 4 but you needed all 8 to get through them all.
(i really liked it ^_^)

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
Years
Agreed. I think that the Isshu region should just be the home of its own unique exotic pokemon, no past ones (except for those 25)

Guy

just a guy
Years

So far, I think this is the best idea. It's a very classic style, and with the HG/SS interchangeable zones it could make it even better I would think. I'd say DPPt had a nice looking Safari Zone. It did look good, but the way it was and getting stuck in mud >_< wasn't my favorite part of it all. Maybe just leave a swamp area for this in the new Safari Zone, but make the rest classic with different bio-dome areas-like. I think what I'm look at here is how the FR/LG Safari Zone was done. The different areas were open, had a natural look to it, and was all around fun to go through. I'd also like that an extension to the Safari Zone open up after obtaining the Nation Dex. This was done in Emerald, and I thought it was so cool how it was done and allowed you to catch some other regional Pokémon.

Keeping it to more of the other generation Pokémon along with a few of the new generation Pokémon would be nice. It would keep the Safari Zone more distinct from the rest of the game and keep it's idea of it containing only "special" Pokémon that you can barely find anywhere else.

As for the use of more HMs, I'm on the edge about it only because that would mean I'd have to bring in Pokémon that know some HM moves, but Erica brings in a good point in which it'll bring in more playability to the Safari Zone itself. It wouldn't just be all about walking around, finding Pokémon, and trying to catch it.

Years
  • Seen Oct 1, 2010
Anythings gotta be better than hg/ss safari zone, that was pretty dire!

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
2. Very few Pokémon that I can catch elsewhere. Please. The Great Marsh was particularly notorious for this and the Johto Safari Zone isn't particularly better.
Augh I totally forgot to mention it but THIS THIS THIS THIS.

I think it's ridiculous that on a given day in the Great Marsh, I can pretty much catch nothing that is native only to the marsh. And even when you get the National Dex, there's very little incentive to go back and catch things. D: With (probably) 600+ Pokémon in the game there will be no excuse for having so many common species to the rest of the region. I mean, I was glad for an excuse to not have to go to the Marsh at all, but come on. D: Why put it in at all if it's gonna suck that hard?

At least in HGSS, we can rearrange the Zone to make it more interesting. The Marsh was just all around fail and I don't want BW's Safari Zone to be anything like it. ><;

Back