• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2011] Pokémon Ruby Destiny - Life of Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennisaur

Poke Master, For real!
Years
  • Seen Jun 29, 2012
so i said eff it and progressed to the rest of the story, but if i ever enter leon castle i can't escape the cut scene to those two pokemon telling me the same message to go look for that pokemon, which ive tried to do a number of times but nothing is around, but yeah i beat the story idk why this is going ON! anyone want to send me the link for the v10 update and maybe that'll fix it!

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
OMG! My MIRACLE REPLIES after almost an eternity of not replying! :O

*sigh* i did, then i over wrote it, but i found the work around

If you go the backway as in through the mountain then to the castle, you can skip that entire step and just continue on with the story

so i said eff it and progressed to the rest of the story, but if i ever enter leon castle i can't escape the cut scene to those two pokemon telling me the same message to go look for that pokemon, which ive tried to do a number of times but nothing is around, but yeah i beat the story idk why this is going ON! anyone want to send me the link for the v10 update and maybe that'll fix it!

I thought I have already fixed that glitch...
I'm sorry for that trouble, but thanks for a work-around.

why it doesn't work on mobile ? ;<

I...have no idea... =/

So I have to go to the Mineral Cave in Dusk Path. But inside the cave there's this big pokemon blocking the only way, and everytime I talk to it it just says "grrr" and sends me out of the cave. What am I supposed to do?

Try talking to Kronz in Lustersand Town once again.
If it doesn't work, download the guide tool and read the walkthrough and find out what you might have missed.

Ever heard of waiting?

By the way DJG, will you release the mentioned version 11, or version 10 is the final version so I can play it? :D

I thought I already released it months ago... o.O

ok I patched ips file to ruby rom and it works on vba but on mobile not - only white screen, what should I do ?

I can't help you on that...
I have no knowledge why it doesn't work...

I downloaded ips and ups, what should I use to patch ?

extract it and read the Read Me First textfile.

Just finished the game, it was awesome!

Thank you~

hi i love this game and its so awesome iam at the event where i get to face the 5th gym leader with zapdos right now.. keep up the good worker destinedjagold. i hope in playing more of your hacks ^_^

Thanks.

Not sure if this is a problem with the rom or a glitch or something I'm doing wrong...

but when I go to the academy and attend the three classes, the guy blocks the downstairs "battling classes" and the upstairs is open, so I go up and it does the Devon corp thing from real ruby and then i'm stuck.

Help?

Mintz

I think it's more on either patching error or ROM incompatibility.
Try downloading another clean Ruby ROM and patch it once again.

um hi is this hack finish or is it still doing improvments......? i played this hack and iam still at the event where angelallen and devihel fighting... anyways overall review of this game is good and keep up the good work i wish u dont stop creating more of your great games ^_^

It's complete, though I may make another update, which is more on bug fixing, if however, I can get spare time and if I do, if I'm bothered to fix the bugs. =/

Am I the only person having troubles getting this to work? I've played rom hacks before and this one just won't play for me. HELP

Which part are you stuck on?

So I found what may be a glitch, but from reading a lot of this thread I haven't seen anyone else with this problem. After beating Vessel, Giratina, and Zah the game saved and went to the credits. Once the credits ended I was able to get to the "load my previous game" "start a new game" and "options" screen, but when i try to load my previous file it shows what look likes the unpacking screen but just says "analyzing..." but doesn't do anything... anyone know what is going on?

*It does allow me to start a new game without this frozen analyzing screen. So i'm guessing the problem is with my save file...

Probably so...
I can't say for sure...
(I know I'm no help...)

Ok I'm very very confused. I'm on team earth side, and I had went to go talk to the shaman of rintah town. It then tells me to go to the pokemon league, to start an event. I go there, and no event.

Try downloading the guide tool and read the parts and locate the things you might have missed...

Wow, just finished the whole game. The (true) ending reminded me so much of Persona 3.
I remember when this was still in beta. I got up to beta 4, then sort of stopped playing ROM Hacks a few years back. Came back to this a few days ago and found this was on Version 11, so I had to play it. The trilogy is amazing and the story kept me so hooked on this one. :')

Thank you~

Hi, can anyone provide a mirror to download the latest version? I can't seem to download from sendspace, mediafire mirror would be greatly appreciated =D

I'll put up a MediaFire mirror after posting this...

2 questions ppl:
How do i evolve my Roselia into Roserade... If it's from sun stone where is it also isn't there a mart or a man who sells evolution stones?

The man who sells elemental stones is located in Rainbow City.

What's up with the Breeze Island freeze? I talk to the grunt in front of the base, and it takes me to the Pokemon menu, and then crashes

I already edited that script there to prevent you from talking to him if you went there too early...
Anyway, head back from there.

I got a question, how do i evolve Sneasel? Thank you in advance.

Via level.

DJG, is LoG and its guide totally complete or are you planning to add something more? :D

Both are complete.

I got two questions. My first one is which route do I choose to get the good and bad mode.

My second question is if choosing the bad mode will make a difference in which fakemon legendary I get to battle and capture first?

Answer to first question:
After the Dark Organization event in Rintah Town, surf to Breeze Island, and a grunt will ask you if you'll join them or not.

Answer to second question:
Yes.
Good Mode: Suvir
Bad Mode: Dohydra
Normal Mode: Sprizzle

I would say its the best pokemon game ever..If it wasnt for the stupid fake pokemon :(

Do you have a download link to one with no fakes?

Sorry, but there is no download without fakes. =(

Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2012
I think Vessel, Giratina and Zah might be a bit overpowered...either that or I should have trained my pokemon harder, because I reached that part with my two strongest pokemon being level 46 and 50.

Nemisis

Soul Eater
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 12, 2012
hmp still in the cave of origin part im stuck in that part. can anyone help me?

my team:
Charizard lvl 52
Luxray lvl 53
Lucario lvl 57
Buizel lvl 49
Zoroak lvl 39

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
Hum... for the mobile problems, I haven't experienced any. The weird thing is that it should work; for me it works fine on Gameboid and another GBA emulator that's based on gpsp. Perhaps you patched a bad ROM?

Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2022
Hum... for the mobile problems, I haven't experienced any. The weird thing is that it should work; for me it works fine on Gameboid and another GBA emulator that's based on gpsp. Perhaps you patched a bad ROM?

I tried 3 roms and always when I run it it shows

eznccp.png

33oqvdh.png

and after white screen

Eriah

A lost past, hidden in shadow.
Years

It's possible that your edition of Android is the one to blame... I use a Motorola Citrus. I notice some apps run differently on different phones and mine happens to be one of the earlier ones.

I think Vessel, Giratina and Zah might be a bit overpowered...either that or I should have trained my pokemon harder, because I reached that part with my two strongest pokemon being level 46 and 50.

DJG said he intended on making this the hardest game of the series, since it's the last one. Them being that high means you need to train a lot before battling them. And you are able to Fly from the castle to do so. By the time I got there, my Vulpix was lv50. She's lv54 now and is my strongest pokemon. But I also think the fact she has Drought gives me a disadvantage against the Vessel's Meltdown, since it makes fire moves stronger and I don't have Flash Fire to absorb it. So that makes him more of a challenge to me.

Just grind exp to your heart's content. You'll get there, then you'll have something to be proud of. Might I also suggest playing the chip game by the beginning forest to stock up on different items (to keep or sell for new items)? About the only way you'll really get money on there. Another intentional thing to make it harder.

Years
  • Seen Mar 28, 2012
So I've got a problem. When I got to the aircraft, I lost the first battle and got sent to a corner north of Guardia Town, and the rock gives me the option of going to Breezy Island or entering the Aircraft.
Well... The island is deserted and there is nothing to do there, and the aircraft has no one on it, but i was able to fight 3 invisible people. The event is not there though. What do I do?

Eriah

A lost past, hidden in shadow.
Years
So I've got a problem. When I got to the aircraft, I lost the first battle and got sent to a corner north of Guardia Town, and the rock gives me the option of going to Breezy Island or entering the Aircraft.
Well... The island is deserted and there is nothing to do there, and the aircraft has no one on it, but i was able to fight 3 invisible people. The event is not there though. What do I do?

Seems like a glitch that wasn't realized. An event was set to proceed in the game, but the events weren't active because you lost and left the ship. You may have to reset before the aircraft, if you have a save there. If not, you may not be able to do it.

I know when you go to Breeze Island, you have to go to Team Earth's building and that's where you start the good/bad part of the game. If you go on the aircraft, look for the hole in the wall near the end. You have to exit out through there and talk to the two Dark Organization grunts in the woods.

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Oh, hey pipz.
I forgot to let you guys know that version 12 of the game's available for download on the first post.
It only offers bug fixes though, so if you already beaten the game (I mean, finished the -real- ending (The End of Time) ), then there's no reason for you to switch to version 12.

And oh, LoG won the 2011 HotY competition.
Not that you care anyway...

Anyway...

---oOo---​

Thanks for coming back after a pause.. and for my long awaited question...

You're welcome, and sorry if it took me so long to reply. =/
My life's a heck atm...

I don't think I've encountered this glitch before, or anyone else.
I remember when I was still scripting that part, I even tried to lose to them, but nothing game-breaking happened to me.
I can assume it's your ROM having the problem...
I can only advice you to download another Ruby ROM from somewhere and try to patch it.

I came there and my highest was lvl 48 (I didn't brought with me Suvir/Dohydra/Sprizzle)...
And yeah, they are really overpowered... xD
Unfortunately, I intended it to be that way, since LoG is the final game of the Ruby Destiny series. =/

Years
  • Seen Mar 28, 2012
I don't think I've encountered this glitch before, or anyone else.
I remember when I was still scripting that part, I even tried to lose to them, but nothing game-breaking happened to me.
I can assume it's your ROM having the problem...
I can only advice you to download another Ruby ROM from somewhere and try to patch it.

I tried that and even patched to version 12, but nothing happens. Want me to post me save file so you can see if it works for you? :\ I want to continue on but I literally can't do anything at the moment.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
I tried 3 roms and always when I run it it shows

eznccp.png

33oqvdh.png

and after white screen
I actually get the message about "this copy of the hack may may not be legit" as well. I just press a button, and when it goes to the "Game Boy Player" screen, I press a button again and it moves to the title screen. If you can't move past the next screen... I don't really know what's up with that. What are you using to play? It could be that the emulator hit a snag with this intro somehow.

@DJG You deserve the HOTY award. This is definitely one of the best hacks I've ever played.

Last edited:

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I tried that and even patched to version 12, but nothing happens. Want me to post me save file so you can see if it works for you? :\ I want to continue on but I literally can't do anything at the moment.

Sure.
Send me your saved file via PM.
Note: Saved file, not saved state.

We care!
This is awesome DJG!
It's the great award for all your hard work you put into it =)
Congrats.

Thanks. xD :)

@DJG You deserve the HOTY award. This is definitely one of the best hacks I've ever played.

Thanks~ :)

Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2022
I actually get the message about "this copy of the hack may may not be legit" as well. I just press a button, and when it goes to the "Game Boy Player" screen, I press a button again and it moves to the title screen. If you can't move past the next screen... I don't really know what's up with that. What are you using to play? It could be that the emulator hit a snag with this intro somehow.

I'm using gpSE.elf this is gba emulator for Sony Ericsson

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2014
Quick Ques.

How do i evolve my roselia in this hack?, nvm i'm dumb i need to learn to read XD

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2014
Hm...I tried to evolve my kirlia.. male lvl 21. I thought it was like in the reign of legends version that it had to have a higher attack than the defense stat but it didn't evolve. If it was like in reign of legends than it should have evolved as it has 24 attack and 23 defense, shouldn't it? thx in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back