• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

shinygoldash

bagel-meister ;)
Years
what ice path next to victory road.if yer talkin about the ice path that goes to blackthorn you might have a bad rom or beta 3

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2007
i mean when you enter victory road.I cant get through it: when i take the ladder to the right i cant find my way through the ice part. ill always end up in the grass part. is there a walkthrough for the victory road?

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2007
Victory road

img524.imageshack.us/img524/237/pokemonvictoryroadsh9.png is the url for the picture

heres the link. Im still wondering how you got through victory road then since im pretty sure you have to get through an ice part to the right

anyway thanks for your help

Id give it 8/10!
would be great!!

Last edited:
i really hope that zel could try to put the pokemon battle frontier extended opening in.it would be so cool.go on youtube and look at
"pokemon battle frontier opening"and tell me if u think it would be good in shiny gold put it a number out of ten i'd give it 9/10

Uhh...not sure why you want it in cos the opening kinda sucks, unless you mean the fact that CARLOS IS IN THE OPENING!!!

See attachment to understand (not enough posts to link to outside yet)

EDIT: is it just me, or does that background kinda look like that bit from Phoenix Wright where their head moves in and there's the green/blue background XD

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
-Hits his head against a wall- WTF? The battle frontier opening? O.o Why, in the world? Do you know how amazingly impossible would be to insert that into a ROM? And that guy isn't Carlos, is Noland, they look similar but aren't the same person. And the same goes for the underground town or whatever: thre is a limited amount of pokemon you can battle against in a trainer battle. If there is room for more trainers, zel has already planned the Battle Tower in Vermillion, soo...

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
One thing I was wandering though is whether you're gonna include the stat boosting berries (salac, starf, ganlon etc) cos since every pokemon will be obtainable i thought it'd b good if all the berries were as well, (maybe one as a trick house reward?) Anyway, keep up the good work!!!

We talked recently about putting the Berry Shop around Saffron, I still haven't done it, though.
And, as an early prize of the Trick House, yeah, sounds good to me (seeing as it's hard to decide on extra prizes for extra locations, suggestions are always welcome)

hey zel,i was thinking.there could be a small reigion like the sevil islands and have it the the place where carlos comes from.

As a matter of fact, he comes from an unknown region (I called this region TAO when I was doing a Pokemon project for RPG Maker). But it is known that he has been wandering around other regions before reaching Johto, and he's kinda like the Ash, leaving his pokes on his PC whenever he switches regions, which means you never know when he'll go to his PC and bring something different next time.
All this talk about Carlos reminded me that I have switched his base party for the "normal" version of SG, I want to see how well this new party will do against all of you.

Did you know there are several places which are actually hidden in Violet City? There is a way to reach them but I'd rather not say as its pretty obvious. If I could get a map of them would you use them? Or are you sticking to what Pokemon Gold has to offer and not what not made the cut?

Hmmm... Are you meaning in the original Gold, or in my hack? And, if you need to use a cheat in order to reach those places, then I'm not interested.

@zel@ Will the Johto map be in the next Beta. Mastermind_x has returned from vacation so the tutorial should be up soon.

We have some time before the next release, so if he posts it, or lets me know, I'll try to see what I come up with, if I fail, I'll leave it as it is for B5 and retry later for B6 (I doubt I'll fail, though... *overconfident*)

zel were can i get your tiles?

Just PM me.

i mean when you enter victory road.I cant get through it: when i take the ladder to the right i cant find my way through the ice part. ill always end up in the grass part. is there a walkthrough for the victory road?

Well, that ladder actually just leads to a section where all you'll be able to find is an item. Try one of the other ladders in the main chamber.

i really hope that zel could try to put the pokemon battle frontier extended opening in.it would be so cool.go on youtube and look at
"pokemon battle frontier opening"and tell me if u think it would be good in shiny gold put it a number out of ten i'd give it 9/10
Uhh...not sure why you want it in cos the opening kinda sucks, unless you mean the fact that CARLOS IS IN THE OPENING!!!

See attachment to understand (not enough posts to link to outside yet)

Well, I got a bit confused on all of this "opening" you were talking about. But, somehow, you got me laughing for a while (I don't really know why... but... :laugh:)

Alright, here's the last bunch of fixes' screenshots. Not too much to see (mainly some tiles, calling Mom and Elm on the Phone Booth, receiving a PokéBeeper message (too bad I can't show how it makes "beep") and a little script fixing on the old guy at Cherrygrove), so next time there'll be more interesting and new stuff...
There are more fixes than that, but I didn't want to proceed that much into the game to show them, or it's not that easy to show them in a screenshot...

image008kg2.png
image009ov3.png
image010ep1.png
image011bl2.png
image012ph6.png
image013vk5.png
image014ry1.png

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 23, 2008
We talked recently about putting the Berry Shop around Saffron, I still haven't done it, though.
And, as an early prize of the Trick House, yeah, sounds good to me (seeing as it's hard to decide on extra prizes for extra locations, suggestions are always welcome)

As a matter of fact, he comes from an unknown region (I called this region TAO when I was doing a Pokemon project for RPG Maker). But it is known that he has been wandering around other regions before reaching Johto, and he's kinda like the Ash, leaving his pokes on his PC whenever he switches regions, which means you never know when he'll go to his PC and bring something different next time.
All this talk about Carlos reminded me that I have switched his base party for the "normal" version of SG, I want to see how well this new party will do against all of you.

Hmmm... Are you meaning in the original Gold, or in my hack? And, if you need to use a cheat in order to reach those places, then I'm not interested.

We have some time before the next release, so if he posts it, or lets me know, I'll try to see what I come up with, if I fail, I'll leave it as it is for B5 and retry later for B6 (I doubt I'll fail, though... *overconfident*)

Just PM me.

Well, that ladder actually just leads to a section where all you'll be able to find is an item. Try one of the other ladders in the main chamber.

Well, I got a bit confused on all of this "opening" you were talking about. But, somehow, you got me laughing for a while (I don't really know why... but... :laugh:)

Alright, here's the last bunch of fixes' screenshots. Not too much to see (mainly some tiles, calling Mom and Elm on the Phone Booth, receiving a PokéBeeper message (too bad I can't show how it makes "beep") and a little script fixing on the old guy at Cherrygrove), so next time there'll be more interesting and new stuff...
There are more fixes than that, but I didn't want to proceed that much into the game to show them, or it's not that easy to show them in a screenshot...

image008kg2.png
image009ov3.png
image010ep1.png
image011bl2.png
image012ph6.png
image013vk5.png
image014ry1.png

Those are awesome

Is that a new grass tile I see?

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Nice bushes and the streetlamps are really nice. I noticed you also changed the railroad. The game looks better and better! But... the rock in the beach still has a problem :P (just above Gold's head)

Years

I love the Phone Booth. The sign box looks a lot like the text box from D/P And you might as well put all D/P Tiles while you're at it, because I'm noticing a lot of D/P tiles, like the gym, trees, PC's, and PM's. I love the hack, please don't quit. And another little question, when will Beta 5 be released? And PokeBeeper?

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Wow the pictures are great!!!
I dont have words.
Keep it up

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
JoyRide: Don't know which grass are you refering about... I think all the grassy stuff has already been shown in the thread.

Dr.Garchomp: No, the idea still is to make the hack a "mix" of generations, with some tiles from Gold, some from FR and some from DP (It would have all the DP tiles if this were a remake of DP, which is not)

Went: No, it's the rock's shadow... >.< (Nah, I'm just joking... I didn't really made a correct tile for that, I know, I know, tile changing stuff... -_-)

once in a blue mew: And I still want to improve my PC and Mart tiles (not my Gym, I'm happy with it ^^)
Funny... I haven't touched the textboxes... :P
No releasing dates asking, thanks. It'll come out when I feel it's time.

trevor813: I'm still not implementing that area (I guess once I finish the next Beta, I'll have a good guess of how many trainers I can take advantage from... But, just a little spoiler...)
Spoiler:

shinygoldash(which is kinda funny to see members with Shiny Gold as their usernames XD): But, the intro has Pokemon fighting and all that stuff... I don't really want to change the intro, as there are more important stuff to work on, if you were refering about modifying the intro.
And about the Trick House, it is available since the beginning, so there's no need for keys for enabling anything. It follows the basic idea of the Trick House: Whenever you beat a Gym, the puzzles change in order to use the new skills gotten.

Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2008
I'm liking the phone booth ideia, but isn't it a bit too much two in the same screen?
I think only one per city would be enough, but it's ur hack....
Keep it up!

shinygoldash

bagel-meister ;)
Years
the trick house will be in beta 5
i wonder when it'll come out.i know it's soon

zel is the best hacker i have ever heard of.

Back