• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Light Version [Beta 1 Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
Well I come here today to announce I will release this hack on Saturday august 31th, after that day I will no longer have enough time to commit to this hack as much as I have been these past couple of weeks. Because of this I am trying my hardest to do as much as I can, but due to the nature of things the beta will end, when the 31st approaches. I.e The beta will probably just end at a route, and not necessarily after an important event of something. (But who knows how things go)

Just to give you guys some cool bits of information
In my play though I have clocked in 24+ Hours so far, and I have a team of 6 all of which are level 30+

I will definitely answer any questions about the beta before and after the release, two warnings however, due to the fact that shadow raze is longer helping, and I am trying to get though as much content as possible the grammar/spelling will NOT be polished, there will be plenty of mistakes and I know that upsets a lot of people, if you are that kind of person, please just wait another 3+ months for a 1.1 release which will fix all the grammar/spelling errors
Secondly, professor Layton gives you a ??? pokemon in the beginning of the game after you win the competition, please just take this Pokemon and place it in the P.C it is just a place holder for future releases.

One last thing, if there is anyone out their who is reasonably good at grammar/spelling fixes with a working knowledge of basic scripting, and you have free time/wish to help with this project, please contact me. This will greatly help the project along, since that person can work on ironing out any small problems that come up, while I go back to school.

Leafgreen2itsmyidea

Pokémon Master
Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2013
Well I come here today to announce I will release this hack on Saturday august 31th, after that day I will no longer have enough time to commit to this hack as much as I have been these past couple of weeks. Because of this I am trying my hardest to do as much as I can, but due to the nature of things the beta will end, when the 31st approaches. I.e The beta will probably just end at a route, and not necessarily after an important event of something. (But who knows how things go)

Just to give you guys some cool bits of information
In my play though I have clocked in 24+ Hours so far, and I have a team of 6 all of which are level 30+

I will definitely answer any questions about the beta before and after the release, two warnings however, due to the fact that shadow raze is longer helping, and I am trying to get though as much content as possible the grammar/spelling will NOT be polished, there will be plenty of mistakes and I know that upsets a lot of people, if you are that kind of person, please just wait another 3+ months for a 1.1 release which will fix all the grammar/spelling errors
Secondly, professor Layton gives you a ??? pokemon in the beginning of the game after you win the competition, please just take this Pokemon and place it in the P.C it is just a place holder for future releases.

One last thing, if there is anyone out their who is reasonably good at grammar/spelling fixes with a working knowledge of basic scripting, and you have free time/wish to help with this project, please contact me. This will greatly help the project along, since that person can work on ironing out any small problems that come up, while I go back to school.

Actually, I don't think people will bother the bugs because they've waited and hoped for this for quite a long time.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
Hay guys' Just came to tell you BETA 1 has been released( A little bit earlier than expected but oh well)
You can download the beta from the first post or this link
http://www.filedropper.com/lightbeta1
oh and here are some new screen shots :D
LS89_zps8cb56d05.png

LS90_zpsa13dbb29.png

LS91_zps7abe9d21.png

LS92_zpsc37b3fd1.png

LS93_zps0b5e2684.png

Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2015
Really good. But there is a little bug: when I go to the Lab to see Prof. Layton, the Scientist do the script to give me Poké Ball infinite.

Years
Wow it here finally this hack is here. i know you must have been working on this and thank you for this hack. If i see any bugs or something i will mention it to you i am super excited. I sound like a kid that in the candy store lol.

Last edited:

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
Hey Narutoactor found a lot of Bugs in few house's when enter them i'm stuck

When I Talk to these Grunts They Crash the GameView attachment 69454

View attachment 69455
Hmm really thats odd, their not supost to have scripts because a script is supost to activate and use the grunts in a scene, when the scene is done they thugs would leave(Hence there would be no way for the player to talk to them) can you send me your sav file, so I can see the bug for myself

Both of these problems sounds like issues with variables not working

To the poster who said they couldn't extract the file, I added the .ips to the first post

EDIT:
Fixed a few bugs that just seem to come out of no where

Fixed the infinite pokebals
Fixed the broken houses in BEACON CITY

Both these fixes are in a new small update Beta 1.01
http://www.filedropper.com/lightbeta101

Last edited:

lowkey1202

Unofficial Game Tester
Years
  • Age 11
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
one thing i'd like to see in this hack custom trainer sprite for the main character and rival. but other wise this looks fun ill try the hack when i get home :)

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2023
This is awesome, i've been waiting for this beta release for a while. Just made a walkthrough part one of this beta and noticed some bugs... how far does this beta go exactly? Thanks, and I love the game so far :D

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
It goes to the S.S MARINER, which for myself was about 26 hours of gameplay (Which is why it is so hard to test by myself) So if you think the game is over, and it is significantly less then 26, then you are either missing something, or their is a bug.

Again guys this is going to be a buggy beta, but if you don't want to deal with the bugs just give this hack a couple of months, by then beta 1.1 should be out which will fix any and all bugs( Small updates will be incremented by .01s)
Until then if you find a bug please notify me, I really appreciate everyone who reports bugs and plays my hack.

I have worked so much on this hack invested so much time, it is like a child to me, and every parent wants to see their children succeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back