• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

latias and latios

EvilDunsparce

Blue Moon!
Years
Since latias and latios were the only legendaries with genders, who thinks they should be able to breed and produce a pre-evolution pokemon?

Years
Not a good idea. Legendaries just don't have pre-evos. Baby forms are cool, like them but smaller. Not pre-evos though.

EvilDunsparce

Blue Moon!
Years
yeah, your probably right I'll just continue talking about pre-evos of pre-evos (think abuot a pokemon that comes before elekid!?)

Years
Horray-ness for Latias an' Latios breedin'! ^_^ Latias is cute in her own way, with fur an' scales an'... mmmm. ^_^
Well if I remember right, tha two are brother an' sister an' breedin' 'em could be an incest. Tch, nothin' wrong with incest, but when two creatures with roughly tha same DNA breed, some recessive genes become dominant an' activate. Such genes are usually faulty genes that have been switched off by evolution an' usually brother an' sister breedin' produces offspring with genetical defects that result in mental handicap, phisiological disorders an' short lifespan. >_<
Nevertheless, breedin' 'em just for tha sake of breedin' ain't a bad ideea. ^_~
...there are ways ta breed an' not produce offspring ya know... ^^;;
Hmm... well if they ARE ta breed in some way an make baby pkmn, I think there should be a 2 -- a baby version o' Latias an' one of Latios... well they could be added inta tha Dragon egg group an' even if they couldn't breed with achother they could at least be amade ta breed with other Dragons... like Charizards. ^_^

Last edited:

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 12, 2015
EvilDunsparce said:
Since latias and latios were the only legendaries with genders, who thinks they should be able to breed and produce a pre-evolution pokemon?
Actually nintendo should make latias and latios rare pokemon in some place at the end of the game since latias and latios aren't actually unique accodring to latias's emerald pokedex data latiass flock in small herds so it would be logical if latias and latios could have babys.

SRV

Years
  • Age 33
  • N.B.
  • Seen Apr 11, 2018
I agree with your opinion but, they already have a spot at the end of the game; the wild. And the PokeDex does say that, but since there is only one Latias, then wouldn't you think that maybe Latias flocks with Latios, since they are siblings? Or maybe some other pokemon? Maybe the entry is wrong and they mad a mistake.

If legendaries could breed, then they wouldn't be legendary. Everyone could have them. So don't even bother.

Bliksem

The Author Pokemon
Years
Just because they have genders doesn't mean that they should be able to breed. Having a gender is nothing but a weakness to Lati@s anyways, as it makes it vulnerable to attract.

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2011
This strikes me as a thread which could be discussed in pokemon general :3 *moves*

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
Latios and Latias should not breed period. According to their backstory, they are siblings, and breeding two siblings is called incest and will result in a retarded baby pok?mon. XD

Kurono

Remember?
Years
Well Latios and Latias are like Nidoran(Male) and Nidoran(Female).. They are closely related but can't breed together..so the idea of them breeding is pretty far-off. It wouldn't be fun to catch them anymore if everyone had em..though now its easier to catch them than it is to catch a Feebas..

Omega Latios

Whhheeee... *shot'd*
Years
That Could Be Good IdeaIf You Could Breed Latios And Latias. But Like Datriot Said, I Think It Could Not Evolve Into Latios/ Latias

Back