• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

B2/W2 and the Pokemon Anime

Years
Suddenly it all makes sense.

The reason why Ash is currently cruising through Unova gyms is likely due to the recently announced Black 2 and White 2. Ash may have a whole new region to go through this generation. Could this also be why he's not evolving many of his Pokemon?

What else do you think these games could mean for the anime?

Last edited:

Nepse

Dragonite<3
Years
I can't believe I didn't think of that!

Maybe the region in question is more focused around a Battle Frontier kind of thing rather then an entire League. (I'll come back to this thread)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Maybe it could be like another protagonist, since the games are a "sequel" that would imply that maybe there's a sequel to Ash' journey (Unova = beginning, after all?) and that this is in fact the end for him? I dunno, that's the most I can make out of it tbh.

Years
Maybe it could be like another protagonist, since the games are a "sequel" that would imply that maybe there's a sequel to Ash' journey (Unova = beginning, after all?) and that this is in fact the end for him? I dunno, that's the most I can make out of it tbh.

Good point Nica.

I could see these new games have an influence on the filler saga after the Unova League, maybe Ash evolves some Pokemon there rather than the main saga.

Nepse

Dragonite<3
Years
There is speculation that BW2 will include the Kanto region. If I remember correctly, if you beat the Pokemon League in your home-region you can enter the Champion League (please correct me if I'm wrong), then again it could just simply be a filler season. For all we know we might have all the pieces we need to predict the anime progress up to a certain point (to an extent).

Last edited:
Years
Getting rid of Ash and actually having a real fresh start? Haha, that's a good one!

Actually, I don't think the idea is too farfetch'd, especially if this ends up being a trilogy where everything could be brought together. Then again, the writers replacing Ash is just too radical. I can't see them doing it.

Like I said in the other thread, I think Mewtwo's "revival" and TR's presence in the anime may indicate that he has a role in all of this nonsense.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Honestly I can't see the new games having much of an impact on the anime as of right now. Since the 3rd games don't really affect the anime much, except for Emerald and the Battle Frontier, which got its own arc. If they go the way of DPP then the anime will probably end after a few episodes post-Pokemon League. But if it doesn't I can see some of the new features of B/W2 being implemented into the anime.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
Years
Just how different will the game be than the original B/W? Not that much right? So, If that's what to expect, then the anime shall take the same path as in the past, No change..... ( :'( )

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
I don't see much impact from the game to the anime. We already knew the pace of the saga was faster then most and that there was going to more then likely be a Orange Islands/Battle Frontier post main arc. I don't BW2 will have much bearing on what they decide to do. If there is some changes to the Third Games maybe but I just don't see it being a huge change. And replacing Ash and mid generation at that... That's a good one.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Just how different will the game be than the original B/W? Not that much right? So, If that's what to expect, then the anime shall take the same path as in the past, No change..... ( :'( )

Actually the game isn't a simple remake; it's a sequel, so a lot will change, actually. :P But I agree with the anime taking the same path and not copying the games. Maybe post-league but idk

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
As Ash is already around the 6th gym, and BW2 is going to released in Japan around July...do you think it's plausible that BW will have finished about then? That's 5 months for 2 gyms and the league. With no Team Plasma?

whatthefee

Herp
Years
pokemon-movie.jp/ has just updated. Black and White Kyurem are going to be in the 15th movie!
I dunno what that'll mean for the tv series itself though..

Last edited:
Back