• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Metropolis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Nice work by all guys, the screenies are great.
I agree with dawson about editing the "Press A for this" to the actual key.

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
I'm scripting the CBS right now, not too much since I'm back to school.

About the "Press A for this" stuff... My idea (only an idea): players will go to "Options" in the menu and will be able to choose which key to press. Graphics would be loaded automatically.

What do you think?

============================================
IMPORTANT NOTE:

Due to recent PM's I've been having to read, I would like to let something very clear.

ALL the scripts you see in previews and screenshots are 100% (a hundred percent ¬¬) made by me.

Made by me from scratch. By scratch I mean: I haven't used any other script as a base nor copied anything from any previous script.

It's sad that people can't believe in such thing.

Nothing more to add,

~Azura.

Last edited:
Years
Hmmm... I think that is a pretty good idea. Some people like to keep the authenticity of the GBA games and some want the real controls to show. That way, you can please everyone!

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
Gives the feeling... maybe? lol

I don't know what to do to improve that... we may resize it back to normal resolution.
It's something to worry, but not now...

CBS is being done again! I'm just having a hard time making message windows from script...

If you can help me LOL

=p

~Azura.

Years
Haha, why, thats really easy?

Just make a window_message like (use the update/refresh method) to create a new window that displays text letter by letter. I used to have this for one line messages (I have a more complex one though with fading, more lines color codes etc)

Code:
#==============================================================================
# ** Window_Status
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Author    Me™
# Version   1.0
#==============================================================================

class Window_Status < Window_Base
  attr_reader :text
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # * Initializes window.
  def initialize(text,color=normal_color, x=172, y=70, width=240, heigth=72)
    super(x, y, width, heigth)
    self.contents = Bitmap.new(self.width-32, height-32)
    self.contents.font.size = 16
    self.opacity = 0
    self.contents_opacity = 255
    self.contents.font.color = color
    @text = []
    @fade = false
    @text = text
    @x = @y = 0
  end

# * Refreshes window.
  def refresh
    if @text != nil and not @fade
      text = @text
      if ((c = text.slice!(/./m)) != nil)
        # Draw text
        self.contents.draw_text(@x, -2, 40, 32, c, 4)
        # Add x to drawn text width
        @x += self.contents.text_size(c).width
        @text = text
        if ((c = text.slice!(/./m)) != nil)
          # Draw text
          self.contents.draw_text(@x, -2, 40, 32, c, 4)
          # Add x to drawn text width
          @x += self.contents.text_size(c).width
          @text = text
        else
          @text = nil
        end
      else
        @text = nil
      end
    elsif @fade
      self.contents_opacity -= 20
      if self.contents_opacity <= 0
        self.contents.clear 
        @fade = false
        self.contents_opacity = 255
      end
    end
  end
  # * Update
  def update
    super()
    refresh
  end
  # * Update
  def new_text(text,color=normal_color)
    self.contents.font.color = color
    @text = text
    @x = @y = 0
    @fade = true
    refresh
  end
end

Now to display text I used:

Code:
Window_Status#new_text("This is text to be displayed..")
while Window_Status#text != nil
  Window_Status#update
  Graphics.update
end

And I guess with that you can do a lot.

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
@Me: lol no, I didn't mean a letter by letter script... but anyway I solved... my problem was that I've a 'display_message' method. And I was updating it everytime, so the message would never go away lol.

Thanks anyway ^^ I'm clueless on how Window_Message works tho... some weird things have been happening when I messed with it lol If I catch you on msn I'll show you :p

Years
@Me: lol no, I didn't mean a letter by letter script... but anyway I solved... my problem was that I've a 'display_message' method. And I was updating it everytime, so the message would never go away lol.
No, but it appeared you have had problems with showing it/removing it. Good you solved!

Thanks anyway ^^ I'm clueless on how Window_Message works tho... some weird things have been happening when I messed with it lol If I catch you on msn I'll show you :p
Haha, that is okay!

Years
IMPORTANT NOTE:

Due to recent PM's I've been having to read, I would like to let something very clear.

ALL the scripts you see in previews and screenshots are 100% (a hundred percent ¬¬) made by me.

Made by me from scratch. By scratch I mean: I haven't used any other script as a base nor copied anything from any previous script.

It's sad that people can't believe in such thing.

Nothing more to add,

~Azura.
When you have experienced the sheer frustration of your code being presented as someone else's and hear them say that the work was in fact theirs and that you are the code theif, then you may possibly understand what I deal with on a regular basis.
Until that day, you have a lot of growing up to do.
I code in a completely different environment to you, I am scripting a 3d mmorpg and I am surrounded by hackers, scammers and password stealers (to name a few).. I am very sick of dealing with these sorts of people and I am faced with a constant instream of them at my favourite forums. Do you think I am going to respect you for even one second now that you have done this?
Posting private matters between you and I in your thread in some sort of attempt to make yourself feel important is by far, the most appalling thing I have ever seen. The fact is that I made a mistake assuming you were one of those people, appologised and congratulated you on your magnificent efforts to start from scratch. Then I see you have posted this in your thread? You anger me..
Everytime I spoke to you I was always greeted with a sense of self-importance and sarcasm. You insulted my scripting techniques and made me feel unequal to you. At least my morals are not as "ugly" as yours. Your post is incredibly pompous and still mocks me with "100%" being explained in words and your little speech: "It's sad that people can't believe in such thing." has driven me to the point of posting this.
Btw, those stupid little smiley things you keep doing and the italics/bold just prove how childish you are. "¬¬"
I sent you PM's because I did not want to ruin your lovely thread and because I wanted to keep this quiet (in case I turned out to be wrong).. But this is just low. Azura, I hope I never see or hear-from you again

@Me™ - I should hope that you are intelligent and mature enough to understand what it could feel like from my perspective, I sent those pm's in quite a restrained manner and tried to be as polite as possible even though I had dense feelings of rage and betrayal. I was then met with sarcasm, bitterness and pompousity..
Perhaps before you talk other people down, you find out both sides of the story.

Years
I don't see whether that post was really in place. I don't really see why you are telling this. Let him post what he want, he did not mentioned names, so I don't see what the bad thing is for you. I understand that YOU did asked it to get clearance ont he subject, but for a fact I know that you are not the only one who asked him. Many real noobs really don't believe in these things, simply because they are jalous and can't make these kind of things themself.

However, I am not the one to say whether your post was wrong, or his was. But I have been getting these personal messages too, people on msn that ask me to give them my superblawesome scripts... It bugs me too, so please understand my reaction. Again, I understand why you pm'ed him, but there are many with other intentions then you had.

Me™

Yeah, I am intelligent, don't quesion that :P

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
Okay, guys, I'm just gonna jump in here now just to give you guys a friendly warning. If you guys have disagreements, or some misunderstandings, please resolve them out of the public view. Your business is your business, so keep it out of the threads if you don't mind. That way I don't have to start throwing out warnings if things start to get heated.

But you're all smart guys, so I wouldn't expect that to happen with you anyway. So, please don't prove me wrong.

Years
No worries Dawson, we have resolved our differences.
Erm.. Sorry all, I have a way of ruining things and looking foolish :)
I'd appreciate some screenies to hide behind now please :p

Years
Well, good thing you and Azura resolved your differences. For the entire time I have known you, you didn't really seem like the person to hold a grudge.

Anyway, when can we expect to see new screenshots, Azura?

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2015
Does the battle system work? If so are you going to share with others who are trying to make a Pokèmon game?

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
Well, new screenshots are hard, since you've already seen pretty much of what we've done so far (concerning systems).

I'll just put some in-game screenshots then.

imgnew01ub7.png

imgnew03av8.png

imgnew04br2.png

imgnew05yu0.png

imgnew06ru2.png

imgnew07fd3.png

imgnew08oe5.png

imgnew09hq3.png

I've improved the CBS a little bit, so now each area uses its own background, as you can see in the screenshots. The Kingler x Poliwag battle was over the sea, so...

Oak makes an appearance every once and while during the game to give you hints and items (and sometimes even Pokemon)... However, as the game flows, it becomes harder to find him.

Oh, and here is a new Naming system function:

Insert rival name

imgnew02vf9.png

Specially for my arch nemesis The Dash

Hope you like it...

~Azura.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back