• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon: Hunters of the Ancient

Should I change main character sprite?

• Yes, protagonist is awful

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Yes, it's glaring

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No, it doesn't matter

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • No, I like it.

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2014
Literally went through the whole of mount moon with my wartortle at 1 hp.

playplayj

TheArchangle
Years
Next BETA will include up to 4 artifacts, so it'll take some time. I don't know when will be released. For now...

4?! Oh my... I can't wait! Also if I may say could you throw it more pokemon to steal?

EDIT: Will our current games transfer over to the next beta or will we have to restart?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
will you be continuing this hack during school since i realized thats when most hacks get abandoned

Years
  • Seen Feb 2, 2015
A good job on the Hack.
I Get why you have the starters Charmander, Squirtle and Bulbasaur, but I feel as we're playing as a Team Rocket grunt we should rather steal a different Pokemon Like a Nidoran Female if you're a boy or Nidoran Male if you're a Girl or something like that. Starter Pokemon just seem a bit too hero-ish.

playplayj

TheArchangle
Years
May I make one las suggestion? Can we possibly get a reward for find the artifacts? I find it a little odd that I successfully beat Brock, secured one of the 8 artifacts and only got a congrats for it. Maybe a cash reward or a promotion or something like that? Just an idea...

Years
  • Seen Mar 2, 2013
ive been plaing this for half an hour and its great just one question, can you get all the pokemon ( even the starters ? )

SacredMurathJohn

ROM Hacking
Years
May I make one las suggestion? Can we possibly get a reward for find the artifacts? I find it a little odd that I successfully beat Brock, secured one of the 8 artifacts and only got a congrats for it. Maybe a cash reward or a promotion or something like that? Just an idea...

Good idea. I'll think about it.

ive been plaing this for half an hour and its great just one question, can you get all the pokemon ( even the starters ? )

NATIONAL POKéDEX will be added. You'll be able to get all 151 + Many Johto / Hoenn POKéMON.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
This is an amazing idea, I love the chance to play as a team rocket grunt
That is a great idea, but on one of the screenshots, the first with the pokedex, i'd suggest putting them next to each other (on the top, rather than one on top, the other on the bottom)
Other than that, the game looks amazing! you can do so much with it! cameos of jesse james and meowth, butch and cassidy, or everything completely original, you could do the later years, or how it all started, anything!
Good luck!

Heart Broken

Live and Love
Years
I've been playing the hack for a good time now. First off, I'd like to commend you on what's been developed thus far. I think the concept is auring and you've executed it pretty well. I do have a few suggestions that I think should be implemented:

I believe that every Rocket base should have some sort of electric gate feet away from the entrance that opens with a key that each recruit is given upon indoctrination into Team Rocket. The Key would only be given to Rocket members and would be used to open every gate so that members can access all of the bases. It also adds that extra layer of security that any notorious evil teams layer would logically have.

I also think that the headquarter building near Palet should be considerably bigger. Not gigantic, but I think it's appropriate the the HQ would be large. possibly at least 4 floors with Giovanni's office being on the top floor only accessible by entering a password in the elevator that only Giovanni himself would know. The other floors aside from the "underground base" that you've already implemented should be accessible by all members of Rocket regardless of rank. Like a break room or general area where all Rockets can relax and have causal covo kind of like Toxic Purple.

Someone mentioned reward like promotions and other things for completing missions and obtaining the artifacts. I think this should definitely be implemented. possibly after obtaining the second artifact, the player could be promoted. I believe that the player should have the opportunity to work there way up the Ranks of rocket to be executives. You should also implement a definitive rank system possibly using the rank system from the anime. I think that each rank should come with it's own pro's and new privileges and permissions. Maybe top executives are able to wear the Rocket uniform optionally when ever they desire for example. That's a huge advantage to be able to blend in with the public. I know in the past games the executives wore suites.

I love the stealing system. I do think that players should have the choice of stealing one of the Pokemon of their defeated opponents, not just Pokemon that are out of their Poke balls.

I think that as the payer progresses in the game and is promoted, less random trainers should try to confront and battle the player. I would think that team rocket would cause a more adverse effect from trainers than what is seen in the hack. They were notorious and the general public feared them. Of course there will be courageous trainers who will want to defend and protect and be heroes and all of that, but I don't think every singe trainer you encounter that see's you should be so enthused to battle. I actually think that as paying Rocket, the player should have more power to willingly force trainers to battle rather than always being confronted.

I think that there should be side missions or quest aside from the whole gather the eight artifacts thing. Enough to keep the player having fun and not becoming bored from the redundancy of repetition that's been present in nearly ever release of this franchise. Like being able to accept different missions depending on the location of the base that the recruit is currently at. Like in Cerulean a possibly mission could be kidnapping Bill to force him to reveal secrets about the possible exploitation of his Pokemon storage technology, battling the police, and even sabotaging Misty's gym and stealing her rare Gyrados. Are you seeing the picture I'm painting?

Those are the biggest things I think that would really solidify this hacks success. Creating a hack unlike any other.

Overall, this project has a ton of potential and I'd like to see it come to full fruition. I'd like to help out if you need and would accept me.

Years
huh I hope this won't count as a revive to this post.Just wanted to know if is this hack still in progress.And if yes how much progress is made?^^

Years
Saltsas, I'm afraid that post was in fact a revival of this thread. Remember- if over a month has passed since the last valid post (meaning a post that hasn't been deleted) in a thread was made, then you may not post in that thread. Please be sure to check the dates in future, just in case ;)

SacredMurathJohn, if you have an update to post for this hack or something, simply contact either DrFuji or myself via PM, and we'll gladly reopen it for you. In the meantime, this thread will be closed.

SacredMurathJohn

ROM Hacking
Years
Hi again guys ^^ Sorry to keep you waiting for a year. I want to let you know I resumed Hunters of The Ancient to the second artifact. I just uploaded beta 0.2 version to first post. I hope you'll enjoy it. And you can be sure It won't take THAT long to release beta 0.3 :)

UPDATES / FIXES:

• Story continues: You have an information about PokeManiac BILL has second artifact called "Aircount". You have to reach him and learn where's the artifact.
  • Added Cerulean Base, which is possibly biggest Secret Team Rocket Base in game. You can find a guy called "Gambler Dealer" who sells you random items at a random price.
  • In Cerulean base, there's a "Trick House" like RSE games.
  • Many unmodified player sprites has been modified as Team Rocket member.
  • Game Intro logo has been fixed as true name of the game.
  • A few minor bug fixes like unexpected game-crashes and graphical bugs.
  • Many, many minor updates. Go and explore yourself :D

SacredMurathJohn

ROM Hacking
Years
Hi again guys. The brand new BETA 0.3 released!

UPDATES / FIXES:
  • Story continues: You travel to Lavender Town and learn the story of a fallen sailor.
  • Lavender Town is changed dramatically and adapted to GSC.
  • PokéMarts have R/S/E music.
  • Added Exotic Market, a shop selling held-items for high-prices.
  • A few minor bug fixes like unexpected game-crashes and graphical bugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back