• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Bad Attempt at a "Neos Wiseman" Deck

Years
As you may all know, "Yubel" is my favorite monster. I wanted to build a Deck that brought her to her full power, and then I remembered that Jaden used "Super Polymerization" to fuse her with "Elemental Hero Neos", forming "Neos Wiseman". I decided to see if it was a real card, and it is.

REAL LIFE VERSION
Neos Wiseman
LIGHT Spellcaster-Type/Effect
Level 10 ATK 3000 DEF 3000

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by sending 1 "Elemental Hero Neos" and 1 "Yubel" you control to the Graveyard. When this card battles, at the end of the Damage Step, inflict damage to your opponent's Life Points equal to the ATK of the opponent's monster, and you gain Life Points equal to that monster's DEF. This card cannot be destroyed by a card effect.

ANIME VERSION
Neos Wiseman
LIGHT Spellcaster-Type/Fusion/Effect
Level 10 ATK 3000 DEF 3000

"Elemental Hero Neos" + 1 "Yubel" monster
This card cannot be Special Summoned except by a Fusion Summon with the above Fusion Material Monsters. When this card battles, at the beginning of the Damage Step, inflict damage to your opponent equal to the ATK of the opponent's monster, and gain Life Points equal to that monster's DEF. This card cannot be destroyed by card effects. When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard, you can remove 1 "Yubel" monster in your Graveyard from play to Special Summon 1 "Elemental Hero Neos" from your Graveyard.

The Yu-Gi-Oh! Wiki has a scan of the Japanese card. For this Deck, it will be the only Japanese card I use. Everything else must be in English. That said, I can use cards from Light of Destruction, since that's coming out soon anyway.

40 CARDS TOTAL

20 MONSTERS
1 "Yubel - The Ultimate Nightmare"
2 "Yubel - Terror Incarnate"
3 "Yubel"
2 "Neos Wiseman"
2 "Elemental Hero Neos"
1 "Elemental Hero Stratos"
3 "Elemental Hero Prisma"
2 "Armageddon Knight"
1 "Sangan"
1 "Neo-Spacian Grand Mole"
1 "Card Trooper"
1 "Destiny Hero - Disk Commander"

13 SPELLS
3 "O - Oversoul"
1 "Premature Burial"
1 "Monster Reborn"
2 "Foolish Burial"
2 "Reinforcement of the Army"
1 "Smashing Ground"
1 "Lightning Vortex"
2 "Allure of Darkness"

7 TRAPS
2 "Raigeki Break"
1 "Mirror Force"
1 "Torrential Tribute"
3 "Limit Reverse"

EXTRA DECK - 33 CARDS
3 "Elemental Hero Grand Neos"
3 "Elemental Hero Dark Neos"
3 "Elemental Hero Air Neos"
3 "Elemental Hero Aqua Neos"
3 "Elemental Hero Flare Neos"
3 "Elemental Hero Glow Neos"
3 "Elemental Hero Marine Neos"
3 "Rainbow Neos"
3 "Elemental Hero Chaos Neos"
3 "Elemental Hero Magma Neos"
3 "Elemental Hero Storm Neos"

Above all, I want to bring out the full potential of "Yubel". Knowing that, feel free to do as you wish with my Deck.

Please be nice...

Last edited:

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 12, 2018
Um, anywho. i'll assume that Extra Deck is the Fusion deck...

The things i would point out are mainly with the Fusion Deck. You don't have Flare Scarab, Glow Moss, NEX, or Rainbow Dragon, so Glow Neos, Flare Neos, Marine Neos, Marine Dolphin, Rainbow Neos, Chaos Neos, Magma Neos are null (Prisma needs to dump fusion material monsters from your deck to work)

As far as Yubel goes, no idea XD Fake Hero might be able to be used somewhat well, first because of Stratos for his summon effect, second to phase in Neos or Prisma in for temporary access. Not sure how well it would work, but meh.

Years
Um, anywho. i'll assume that Extra Deck is the Fusion deck...

The things i would point out are mainly with the Fusion Deck. You don't have Flare Scarab, Glow Moss, NEX, or Rainbow Dragon, so Glow Neos, Flare Neos, Marine Neos, Marine Dolphin, Rainbow Neos, Chaos Neos, Magma Neos are null (Prisma needs to dump fusion material monsters from your deck to work)

As far as Yubel goes, no idea XD Fake Hero might be able to be used somewhat well, first because of Stratos for his summon effect, second to phase in Neos or Prisma in for temporary access. Not sure how well it would work, but meh.

Yeah, it is. It was renamed already in Japan, and I expect that when Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's reaches us, the same name change will occur here.

I know they're null. But picture this. I activate the effect of "Elemental Hero Prisma", revealing "Rainbow Neos" and sending "Elemental Hero Neos" to the Graveyard. Now my opponent is going to expect that I'm using at least 1 "Rainbow Dragon" or "Rainbow Dark Dragon" in my Deck, to get "Rainbow Neos" out, and therefore will plan accordingly if possible. But then I send "Elemental Hero Prisma", being treated as "Elemental Hero Neos", and "Yubel" to the Graveyard to play "Neos Wiseman". Now my opponent needs a new strategy all of a sudden, since "Neos Wiseman" can't be destroyed by card effects. "Bottomless Trap Hole", "Raigeki Break", "Torrential Tribute", "Mirror Force", "Sakuretsu Armor", "Hammer Shot", "Smashing Ground", "Lightning Vortex", "The Six Samurai - Zanji", "Zaborg the Thunder Monarch", and "Dark Armed Dragon" are all screwed over, along with God knows what else, leaving you only two ways to get rid of my monster. Either you destroy it by battle, which isn't likely with 3000 ATK, or you use an effect that doesn't destroy, which is not common these days. The only two cards I can think of that commonly do that are "Raiza the Storm Monarch" and "Caius the Shadow Monarch", and as one of those is Limited, not to mention anyone's going to Side Deck "Pulling the Rug" and/or "By Order of the Emperor", I don't see them as threats. I guess you could use "Prometheus, King of the Shadows" to beat "Neos Wiseman" by battle, but there's a counter for that, too.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 12, 2018
Oh ya, with the Synchro monsters right?

but ya didn't think of that XD i guess that's pretty good, especially since it doesn't mess with the actual deck.

So have you playtested this yet?

Years
Oh ya, with the Synchro monsters right?

but ya didn't think of that XD i guess that's pretty good, especially since it doesn't mess with the actual deck.

So have you playtested this yet?

Right.

No, I haven't. I have no one to playtest it against. That, and since "Neos Wiseman" isn't out in English, I'd have to edit my dueling program to include it.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Really, I think Yubel shines best in a deck dedicated to Terror Incarnate's field-wipe/replacability. Neos Wizeman really got screwed over with its transformation from a fusion to a nomi. There is literally zero support for it. But I can make a few suggestions...

-1 Neo-Spacian Aqua Dolphin
-1 Neo-Spacian Air Hummingbird
-1 Neo-Spacian Black Panther (side-decked)

I'm still kind of iffy about Grand Mole. Aqua Dolphin and Air Hummingbird really don't help the deck's overall strategy any, and they kind of take up space. Black Panther works better as tech- yes, as tech- against Lightsworn, thanks to the fact that their big finisher is not a summon-only effect. Instead...

+3 Armageddon Knight

We'll be sending Yubel to the graveyard in order to add a new dimension to this strategy...

-2 Instant Neo Space
-2 Neo Space
-2 Pot of Avarice (counter-productive, since we WANT Neos and Yubel in the graveyard)

And...

+3 Limit Reverse (common from Light of Destruction)
+2 Foolish Burial
+1 O-Oversoul

This is probably a better build for one simple reason: No clash of themes. It's standard Neos/Yubel Recursion to support of Nomi Wizeman. Yubel can be sent to the graveyard from the deck with a total of five cards, and Neos as well thanks to your Prisma-trick, so both have a number of ways for you to avoid topdecking them. Limit Reverse is, like, Yubel's best friend. Drop Yubel, special summon it with Limit Reverse, then either summon Neos and tribute them both away for Wizeman or, as the situation calls for it, switch Yubel to defense position to self-destruct it and summon Terror Incarnate. (Yubel gets a lot of love from Light of Destruction, eh?) This is seriously just about the only build that can handle Wizeman I can think of, so... yeah.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
While we're on that note, you don't really need Tomato here, since Yubel doesn't like being tomato summoned (as odds are that it will end up tributing itself after being summoned) and the only other target you have here is Sangan. Disc Commander, on the other hand, is a must here as it combos awesomely with Limit Reverse to help keep those cards coming. I'd also say add Card Trooper (another card much luffed by Reverse, and a way to dump Yubels/Neos into the graveyard faster) and Reinforcement of the Army to help you get your hands on Stratos or whatever other warrior you wish. Optionally, you can try to spin the Limit Reverse toolboxing further by running The Calculator in there, as both Neos Wiseman and the Yubels are well endowed in the level stars department. Another neat trick with the Neos Fusions would be to run a lone copy of Phantom of Chaos; it may not be able to deal battle damage, but some of those have other neat effects that could help out in a pinch (hey, free Heavy Storm for Storm Neos) as opposed to the dang things just lying there in your graveyard. :3

So like, to Thesis' fix:
-1 Armageddon Knight (we don't have that many cards to dump for it, really, and as fighting monsters go it's pretty crappy :x)
-3 Mystic Tomato

+1 Card Trooper
+1 Destiny Hero - Disc Commander
+2 Reinforcement of the Army

Personally, I'm kind of iffy on the necessity Foolish Burial since we already have Prismer and Armageddon Knight to dump Neos and Yubel respectively, might want to consider some of the aforementioned Limit Reverse tech cards instead of those. Meh, it's all just speculation until this actually becomes viable to test, though.

Last edited:
Years
Point taken, but I need to look up "Limit Reverse" before I respond.

EDIT: OK, so it's basically "Call of the Haunted" for a 1000 ATK or less monster, and disallows Defense Position. Got it. Still, I'm kind of iffy on using a card with "Swordsman of Landstar" in the artwork...

Nah! Just kidding! Okay, I'll change the build accordingly. It needs a Side Deck, though. Also, I don't think the Extra Deck will be changing at all, unless they decide to put a maximum limit on it.

EDIT 2: Alter Ego, there's no way for me to dump Fusion Monsters into the Graveyard with this build. "Elemental Hero Prisma" reveals, not sends to the Graveyard, the Fusion Monster itself. I'd have to actually Summon one of them for them to be able to touch the Graveyard. With the current build, only "Elemental Hero Grand Neos" can be Summoned, and it'll return to the Fusion Deck at the end of that turn, which makes it unlikely to go to the Graveyard.

Last edited:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Ah-ha-haa...my bad on Prismer. I read his effect carelessly and thought it was just discard on both counts. :x Ah well, Phantom could still be used to copy Yubel or Neos, making Wiseman an easier summon to make. It was a bit of an oddball suggestion anyway, but it might just prove useful in a pinch. xD

Years
Ah-ha-haa...my bad on Prismer. I read his effect carelessly and thought it was just discard on both counts. :x Ah well, Phantom could still be used to copy Yubel or Neos, making Wiseman an easier summon to make. It was a bit of an oddball suggestion anyway, but it might just prove useful in a pinch. xD

But it loses its ATK, name, and effects on my End Phase. If I am somehow not able to get rid of it for a Summon, it becomes useless. And considering "Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror" and "Light-Imprisoning Mirror" will be in almost everyone's Side Decks, I really don't see "Phantom of Chaos" as a wise addition, especially when I already have "Elemental Hero Prisma".

Anyway, I still need a Side Deck. Those "Mirror" cards are a threat, so 3 each of "Dark Bribe" and "Solemn Judgment", I think. Then there's that "Neo-Spacian Dark Panther" as tech that was mentioned. What else?

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Well, if continuous effects (Royal Oppression and Macro Cosmos also bear noting here) are your concern then Dust Tornado is definitely worth considering, as Dark Bribe and Solemn can't touch any of those trouble cards if they're already flipped. D= Personally, I'd say side Dust over Bribe, since you don't have enough cards that are in such desperate need of protection as to warrant three each of the biggest protective cards in the game and Solemn does cover summons, which neither Dust nor Bribe can do. Beyond that, you'll really want to side with your local metagame in mind. With a deck as dedicated as this one, siding into an alternate strategy isn't really an option, so your best bet is to dedicated your side deck to anti-meta tech. Kycoo could be a useful addition, hitting potential threat cards like Disc Commander while protecting your own graveyard from Crow, though Burial From a Different Dimension could also be considered. Ehh...yeah, depends a lot on what kind of decks your expecting to face, really.

Years
Well, if continuous effects (Royal Oppression and Macro Cosmos also bear noting here) are your concern then Dust Tornado is definitely worth considering, as Dark Bribe and Solemn can't touch any of those trouble cards if they're already flipped. D= Personally, I'd say side Dust over Bribe, since you don't have enough cards that are in such desperate need of protection as to warrant three each of the biggest protective cards in the game and Solemn does cover summons, which neither Dust nor Bribe can do. Beyond that, you'll really want to side with your local metagame in mind. With a deck as dedicated as this one, siding into an alternate strategy isn't really an option, so your best bet is to dedicated your side deck to anti-meta tech. Kycoo could be a useful addition, hitting potential threat cards like Disc Commander while protecting your own graveyard from Crow, though Burial From a Different Dimension could also be considered. Ehh...yeah, depends a lot on what kind of decks your expecting to face, really.

To be honest, I expect to face everything. I don't have a local metagame, I just play against whomever crosses my path.

So we have three each of "Dust Tornado" and "Solemn Judgment", and a "Neo-Spacian Dark Panther". Then probably 2 each of "Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer" and "Burial from a Different Dimension". That's 11 so far.

I'll add "Destiny Board", "Spirit Message 'A'", "Spirit Message 'I'", and "Spirit Message 'L'" for the last cards.

What do you recommend?

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Pfft...Exodia side for the win. And Final Countdown too. We must have Final Countdown in this deck.

Well, if we want some generally useful cards...

Mind Crush - Used to clip any card combo you would care to name and totally kills any straggler Demise decks still about. As long as you have a fair idea of what your opponent is up to, you shouldn't have to worry about the drawback effect. There is also the inherent joy of getting to shout 'Mind Crush!' in a deep, manly voice when you play it. xD Okay, so you can't solve all your problems with a mind crush, but it sure as heck tends to help.

Trap Dustshoot - Excellent scouting card that can easily set any monster-based strategy back.

D.D. Crow - Do I even need to list all the things this crazy little critter messes with? It doesn't have Kycoo's beatstick status, but it makes up for it with chainability, effectively ruining Premature Burial, Monster Reborn, and many others. The dominant decks are still all graveyard dependent to varying degrees, so Crow remains a good tech pick.

Really, though, it's hard to create a full side deck without playtesting. No matter the amount of speculation, you never quite know what cards are just right (and in what quantities) for your deck until you've put it to the test and found out precisely what it is you find yourself missing and what tends to get stuck unused in your hand. :3 You could also consider some extra warriors like Exiled Force or D.D. Warrior Lady, but really, how useful those will be is ultimately up to your play style and that of your opponents, so I can't help much there.

Years
Pfft...Exodia side for the win. And Final Countdown too. We must have Final Countdown in this deck.

Well, if we want some generally useful cards...

Mind Crush - Used to clip any card combo you would care to name and totally kills any straggler Demise decks still about. As long as you have a fair idea of what your opponent is up to, you shouldn't have to worry about the drawback effect. There is also the inherent joy of getting to shout 'Mind Crush!' in a deep, manly voice when you play it. xD Okay, so you can't solve all your problems with a mind crush, but it sure as heck tends to help.

Trap Dustshoot - Excellent scouting card that can easily set any monster-based strategy back.

D.D. Crow - Do I even need to list all the things this crazy little critter messes with? It doesn't have Kycoo's beatstick status, but it makes up for it with chainability, effectively ruining Premature Burial, Monster Reborn, and many others. The dominant decks are still all graveyard dependent to varying degrees, so Crow remains a good tech pick.

Really, though, it's hard to create a full side deck without playtesting. No matter the amount of speculation, you never quite know what cards are just right (and in what quantities) for your deck until you've put it to the test and found out precisely what it is you find yourself missing and what tends to get stuck unused in your hand. :3 You could also consider some extra warriors like Exiled Force or D.D. Warrior Lady, but really, how useful those will be is ultimately up to your play style and that of your opponents, so I can't help much there.

Ah, but I have no one to playtest against. My only good opponent has seemingly vanished off the face of the planet, and his phone is always busy.

Back