• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Development: Christmas Present for PC! Your very own RTC for FR and LG

D-Trogh

Dead
Years
It sucks that I have to study for my exams.. Life at uni sucks in general, almost have no spare time.. Anyway, nice work. Maybe I can try it in the week after my exams. (A month from now XD )

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
I like this interdpth... Im not gonna try it just yet (although im VERY tempted too) as there is something else i will try first when its out...

Btw for all those people wondering if this is compatible with the GBA time and windows time etc, VBA emulates an RTC chip which uses your windows clock, on a real GBA cart that has an RTC chip it just uses the real chip for the time. That brings me to a question interdpth.. If this just grabs the time from an RTC chip then we cant set the time without using that time set function right? lol (im not the best with this...)

Link

pokefreak2

I can't believe you read this
Years
I like this interdpth... Im not gonna try it just yet (although im VERY tempted too) as there is something else i will try first when its out...

Btw for all those people wondering if this is compatible with the GBA time and windows time etc, VBA emulates an RTC chip which uses your windows clock, on a real GBA cart that has an RTC chip it just uses the real chip for the time. That brings me to a question interdpth.. If this just grabs the time from an RTC chip then we cant set the time without using that time set function right? lol (im not the best with this...)

Link
Can't believe link posted here i bet if a day and night system came out for fire red he'd use it for LC :D

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
I have another idea:

If the game is able to check for the Windows clock, is there anyway to check for a Nintendo DS clock?

Sorry, but I really wanna find out if RTC support is possible on an EZFlash 3in1.

interdpth

I've seen things, man.
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2021
the game doesn't check windows clock.

the emulator does. -_-

Does your EZFlash say it has an RTC?

If so, you should know.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Does your EZFlash say it has an RTC?

If so, you should know.
EZFlash does not have an RTC, that's why I'm asking if it's possible to check for the DS clock. The idea was that even though EZFlash has no RTC, Nintendo DS does, and the EZFlash operates in the GBA slot of a Nintendo DS.

Last edited:

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
EZFlash does not have an RTC, that's why I'm asking if it's possible to check for the DS clock. The idea was that even though EZFlash has no RTC, Nintendo DS does, and the EZFlash operates in the GBA slot of a Nintendo DS.

He answered your question. The RTC apparently (if I understand it right) checks what your Emulator knows, and your Emulator only knows it by checking the Windows Clock. If your EZ Flash understands the DS clock, and uses that, then yes, but as I know EZ Flash is a GBA thing, then it won't read the DS clock, meaning that the RTC won't read the clock, as EZ Flash can't... Sounds complicated, but simple.

Matteron (96)

Can't Read Lookin Ass
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2024
QUESTION!!!!!!!

I got all this to work fine, but I have a question, well two actually.
1. Will eevee be able to evolve into espeon/umbreon?
2. If I were to make a script to tell the player that the time is <insert time here>, what would I need to enter in xse?

interdpth

I've seen things, man.
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2021
I don't know about eevee

But you need copy byte commands to read the values.

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2010
I has a question :P

Well, I don't really know where this should go, but, I was wondering if it were possible to have tiles act accordingly to the RTC. Like windows and lights, etc. And if so, would I need to do something to the code/script (I'm horrible at that stuff by the way...) or would I have to do something in AdvanceMap?

Matteron (96)

Can't Read Lookin Ass
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2024
I has a question :P

Well, I don't really know where this should go, but, I was wondering if it were possible to have tiles act accordingly to the RTC. Like windows and lights, etc. And if so, would I need to do something to the code/script (I'm horrible at that stuff by the way...) or would I have to do something in AdvanceMap?
Right now the easiest way to make stuff like lights that turn on at night is to open up DaN and change the pallet so that the pallet that you used for the light is brighter than all the other tiles.

Dude_flibble_07

Whaddya mean your not me dad?
Years
  • Seen Jan 9, 2010
Hey! been looking all over for a rtc for fr! 3 questions though: how do I put it in and can I use day and night with this? and if so, how? sorry, i am hopeless at scripting.

Flandre Scarlet

Free your mind.
Years
Oh my god man, thanks so much! It's great someone managed to make a RTC for FireRed/LeafGreen. It works perfect on Firered.

Again, thanks! ;3

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
I'm trying to use the RTC to get the day of the week byte so that I can have day specific events, but every time I copy the byte stored at 0x305540 (I also checked offsets on either side of this), it returns 0 as the result.

I'm running Windows 7 and i'm just wondering if it's a problem with VBA's time call, or if i'm looking in the wrong offset for the day of the week byte, or if i'm scripting it wrong, or if there's a problem with the RTC itself.

I haven't yet checked if it works on Vista, but will try shortly.

That said, i'm fairly sure that the RTC works fine, so if it's related to the time call function of VBA, then that would explain a lot.

Back