• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pick-Up Lines

Years
Okay, so personally, I think pick-up lines are more silly than anything. Are there people that have used effective pickup lines or had an effective pickup line used on them? If/when you are attracted to someone, how do you approach it? How would you like to be approached?

Dating can be pretty complicated, so I'm eager to hear about people's experiences!

Sirfetch’d

I am shy and don't approach people with pickup lines anyways, but most are just silly and cheesy to me, however I do enjoy hearing them from time to time because a lot are really funny and make me laugh.

Star-Lord

withdrawl .
Years
Oh god you just reminded me of when some drunk chick was hitting on me in Cuba.

"You look like a bad boy. I bet you want to stick it in." I was actually just having a cocktail when this girl who was totally ****ing out of her mind had walked up to me and blurted that out. I just sort of stared at her incredulously, but she wouldn't leave me alone. I told her that I was gay and she wouldn't believe me. I'm not sure if it even counted as a pickup line afterwards because she was just trying to say all the things she'd let me do to her. Incredibly embarrassing, one of her friends eventually found her and took her home.

That's my only experience with having someone hit on me so far. I try not to lead people on irl so I don't really deal with it.

Years
I'm also pretty shy, myself. I can't really see myself using any pickup lines. Most are cheesy and ridiculous, but some of them can make me laugh.

And wow, that must have been incredibly awkward, being hit on by someone like that. That's my one anxiety about the bar scene. Drunk people can be crazy. But yeah, I don't really lead anyone on either, so I guess I don't see it much at all.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
I'm an astronaut and my mission is to explore Uranus. I got smacked soon after saying that lol.

I was never that shy when it came to being hit on or when I am hitting on someone I find cute and I do not see that changing anytime soon.

Years
The only way to execute a pick up line effectively, convey the pick up line as if you acknowledge it's completely dumb. This works out as being a sarcastic joke. It's all about the tone and inflection. Though, I would never open up a conversation with one of these! Rather, I might throw one in during a date as a way both flirt and show off the my sarcastic charm.

Moogles, you be rejecting girls left and right, you be fishin' for them compliments? :p
Anyway, I know exactly how you feel, I mean, people are constantly competing for my attention it's soooo annoying being this desirable. Joking...Okay, now seriously, if someone is pushy and can't take a hint, after being polite, I simply don't engage them. If you keep talking they might see that as a chance still exists for you and them for whatever reason. I feel horrible, but when people that I don't know try to get touchy especially, I just pull away, walk somewhere else, and completely avert my attention away from them. It's just one of those thing I have thought is extremely rude that has happened a handful of times.

I'm an astronaut and my mission is to explore Uranus. I got smacked soon after saying that lol.

I was never that shy when it came to being hit on or when I am hitting on someone I find cute and I do not see that changing anytime soon.

REALLY? lmao, yeah, this is like a second or third date joke, I repeat, make sure you present something like that as a joke. That's hilarious.

Last edited:
Years
I don't really give very good pick up lines, I used to try them quite a bit, usually it would consist of me thinking of something witty, saying the first two words, stuttering and then bursting out laughing uncontrollably :D The girl then looks at me like i'm a freak, which I am of course ^^ Now I don't try hit on chicks anymore because it just doesn't work out.

So there's this girl in my maths class that likes maths, maybe I should try some of these?:

"My love for you is like pi... never ending."

"I wish i was your problem set, because then I'd be really hard, and you'd be doing me on the desk."

Ha? Ha? :P

So, I was going to respond with some math pick up lines of my own, but I am not sooo witty when I need to be sleeping. So, I googled "math pickup lines" and I read through some and realized, "hey, this guy totally just googled these pick up lines and went to this very same site. haha http://www.pickuplinesgalore.com/math.html

Years
There's this pick up line application that I have on my phone, and the ones it gives out are just hysterical. I feel like one day, I should just go out to some crowded area, and hit up some girls, just to see their reaction.

Years
In the seventh or eighth grade I was talking with someone when a girl who I kind of liked came up to me and said "I lost my teddy bear. Will you sleep with me?" Then she laughed and ran back to her friends who all also laughed. It was very bewildering and embarrassing and it's the only experience I've had with pickup lines in real life.

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2016
I used to make awful pick-up lines just for fun, not for real purposes. People usually like when you make those then laugh about it, sometimes it worked even when I didn't want to hit on people. My boyfriend, on the other hand, is the only one who gets uncomfortable with it. He's really shy.

Years
In the seventh or eighth grade I was talking with someone when a girl who I kind of liked came up to me and said "I lost my teddy bear. Will you sleep with me?" Then she laughed and ran back to her friends who all also laughed. It was very bewildering and embarrassing and it's the only experience I've had with pickup lines in real life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXhJC_Ko7hA

0:42

AAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Want to play with my Mystical Shine Balls?

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
I don't think I could ever get the chance to use one. People usually see my face and run away before I can say anything. So yeah, no experiences in that category, although I've seen and heard some inappropriate ones.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I've actually never used a pickup line before. At least not intentionally. I don't really develop feelings for someone until I get to know them, and by that time, I'm comfortable enough around them to just ask if they want to go out with me.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
I never seriously use pick-up lines because I prefer just seeing where the conversation goes, although sometimes I'll text my girlfriend some bad lines while she's at work just to see if I can break her stoic exterior in public. A couple of days ago I sent her "Are you a beaver? 'Cause dam" and she called me just so I could listen to her coworkers laugh at it (she's not one to laugh).

Years
I've actually never used a pickup line before. At least not intentionally. I don't really develop feelings for someone until I get to know them, and by that time, I'm comfortable enough around them to just ask if they want to go out with me.
This is basically how I am. I never try to approach someone I don't really know in a romantic manner, so I never really need to "break the ice" with any sort of pickup line. Feelings are typically just something that develops naturally with a friend or someone I've known for a while, making a pickup line just seem silly.

Honest

Hi!
Years

Oh my god, this is the best thing ever.

Anyway, personally, I've never used a pickup line with the intention of actually trying to compliment someone (was that phrased right?). I do use them all the time as a joke between friends, though. Cause, ya know, we love each other.

Back