• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Shiny Pokemon Thread

Moose

Pokemon Master,
Years
Caught a shiny Yamash in a quick ball, named her Cleopatra. Also got a salamence in the GTS, and a Scyther that I found in Platinum was later transferred.

HaiImNate

Ice Cream
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
No, unfortunately not in BW2. While I was training in BW though, I did find a shiny zigzagoon, but I killed it. :(

In Diamond, I hatched a shiny squirtle. I was so happy, I don't know why in the world I traded it!

xavient

GameboyLuke
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 11, 2017
Only shinies I ever encountered were in Gold, found a shiny Ryhorn in victory road had no idea what it was so I ran away ;~;. I also found a shiny Psyduck in the safari zone on my ruby game!.. but other than that, nope. :c

Riolucario11

Bubbly Wubbly Pony Waifu
Years
The only shinies I've found was a shiny Feebas, which I was hugely stoked about, that I transferred to my BW team later on (totally forgot which game I had found it in .3.").

The other one I've found was a shiny Meinshao, which I killed with one hit, thanks to my glorious Chandelure...Wasn't that glorious of a moment.

xavient

GameboyLuke
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 11, 2017
The only shinies I've found was a shiny Feebas, which I was hugely stoked about, that I transferred to my BW team later on (totally forgot which game I had found it in .3.").

The other one I've found was a shiny Meinshao, which I killed with one hit, thanks to my glorious Chandelure...Wasn't that glorious of a moment.

Holy crap Feebas!? Luckyyy! ;o

Forgot to mention that I did have a Shiny Noctowl in my Silver version too... After I realised that shiny Pokémon were good... and not glitches ahahah!

Years
Very excited to say that I got my first RE shiny yesterday on Black 2! It was a lv 55 Audino, and it pretty much snuck up on me since I didn't have the sound on and I wasn't looking at the screen when it appeared. Luckily had my Watchog in my party and it didn't use Double-edge, so I was able to catch it easily. I'm so glad to have caught my own shiny, but I'm not sure how I'm going to use him yet.

Infinite Latios

Champion
Years
Just today, I obtained a Shiny Altaria via the GTS. Altaria is beautiful when it's shiny. And it's one of my favorite Dragon-types too. All it cost was one Ninetales. Or was it Rhyperior...? I like trading away pokemon I get on the GTS for better ones, but Altaria is a keeper.

Water Gym Leader

Arlyn Aquos
Years
I found a shiny Purrloin lv.9 caught it in an Ultra Ball and evolved it into Liepard and i love the red color.
509.png
509.png
510.png
510.png

Years
nothing in black 2, but I recently bought white and not only caught pokerus off some wild pokemon but found a shiny karrablast. evolved it into escavalier and called it Pinkie. the only problem is that its stats aren't the best, and a 31 IV in speed isn't that good when your base speed is 20

Years
  • MA
  • Seen Sep 2, 2013
Finding a shiny Pokemon in gen 5 is nearly impossible for me... To put it into perspective I got the Pokerus before I found a shiny.

*Icecold*

Bow down to Queen Meowstic
Years
In Black/White I found a shiny Audino. (It's purple!!)

In Black 2/White 2 I found another shiny Audino.

Shinies aren't even that big of a deal to me anymore... They're just different-looking.

Years
  • MA
  • Seen Sep 2, 2013

Shinies aren't even that big of a deal to me anymore... They're just different-looking.

Out of pure curiosity, were you looking to catch in Audino in both games or was it just pure luck that you encountered two Audino's that were both shiny just walking through the grass. Interesting though, nice find.

Akatsuki Ten

As It Is
Years
Have the odds of getting a shiny stayed the same across all of the games?

Yes and no. To begin with, without hatching or acquiring the shiny charm, the chances are the same as all other games with a 1 out of 8192 chance. There is a method that has been introduced in prior games however called the Masuda Method (only from D/P and so on) when hatching which involves getting two Pokemon from completely different countries that somehow increase the odds of hatching a shiny to 3 out of 4096. The shiny charm, only introduced in BW2, increases the chances of finding a shiny to 1 out of 2730.

youcantseeme_17

WWE Champion
Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2013
Shiny Gible and Shiny Dratini are gifts from beating Alder's grandson.
I have shiny gible and my friend has shiny dratini.

LOL my friend used action replay for all shinies and then she got so tired of them so fast

Last edited:
Back