• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

✿ Petals in the Wind - The Grass-type Fan Club ✿

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
Yay! A club for this type!
Username: icecream_pokemons
Nickname: Icecream
My two pokemon: Snivy and tropius.
Partner names: none for snivy and my tropius will be mango
Fav grass type starter? Snivy cause I just really like snivy

Welcome, Icecream! ^^ Thank you for joining! I will add you, Snivy and Mango to the member list! :D Care to answer our current topic?

If you could be any grass-type Pokemon, which one would you be and why?

Originally posted by CloysterOyster
Wow, I didn't notice how many Grass-types there are and that the animated sprites were put in. Nice touch to this club.

Well, thank you! That's nice to hear. c:

Years
Username: Cirno
Partner Pokemon: Whimsicott and Chikorita
What is your favorite grass-type starter? (Bulbasaur, Chikorita, Treecko, Turtwig and Snivy): This is definitely one of the harder topics to answer. ;w; I adore the grass starters, though my favorite three are definitely Bulbasaur, Chikorita, and Snivy. I'm attached to these guys.. but Chikorita has the most sentimental value and she is by far the cutest, hehe.

The bars for your club are amazing, Mokoko. I definitely need to make space in my signature for one!

Icecream_pokemons

Y u hate on icecream pokemon?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 9, 2013
I would be a… hmm tropius I think because they fly the have free fruit on the necks! So yeah I would be a tropius!:)

Hyzenthlay

Years
Username: Cirno
Partner Pokemon: Whimsicott and Chikorita
What is your favorite grass-type starter? (Bulbasaur, Chikorita, Treecko, Turtwig and Snivy): This is definitely one of the harder topics to answer. ;w; I adore the grass starters, though my favorite three are definitely Bulbasaur, Chikorita, and Snivy. I'm attached to these guys.. but Chikorita has the most sentimental value and she is by far the cutest, hehe.

The bars for your club are amazing, Mokoko. I definitely need to make space in my signature for one!

Welcome to the club, Cirno! :D Happy to have you here! Nice choice in Pokemon. They're my favourite grass-types. :3

Really, you should be thanking southpark32 for the userbars. ^^ It was she who made them after all.

Icecream_pokemons

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 9, 2013
Oh I would probably also be a gogoat even though the game hasn't been released yet but I would still be like" YEAH! I'm a gogoat!" Or I'd be a cottonee

Pacifist

Its a Destiny
Years
  • Seen May 25, 2014
Username: Pacifist

Do you want to go by a nickname? not really

Two grass-type Pokemon: Leafeon and Bayleef

Partner Pokemon: Cherrim

What is your favorite grass-type Pokemon and why? its really hard to answer this question because i love most of the grass types but at the end i guess its Leafeon just because of how friendly it looks and how powerful it is.

oh and about the current topic

If you could be any grass-type Pokemon, which one would you be and why? Shiftry i think, because its just so badass i really love how threatening and cool it looks.

oh and sorry about any mistakes i have made, english is not my main language D:

Hyzenthlay

Years
Hi, Pacifist! Welcome to my club. I hope you keep active and have fun discussing grass-type Pokemon with us fellow members. :D

I've added Leafeon and Bayleef as your two Pokemon because you can't have three. If you want me to change one of them then all you need to do is ask! c:

@Icecream_pokemons I'd much rather be a Skiddo than a Gogoat. That Pokemon is so cute! <3

I think it's time for a new topic!

What is your favorite grass/poison type Pokemon?
bulbasaur.gif
ivysaur.gif
venusaur.gif
oddish.gif
gloom.gif
vileplume-f.gif
bellsprout.gif
weepinbell.gif
victreebel.gif
budew.gif
roselia-f.gif
roserade-f.gif
foongus.gif
amoonguss.gif

I'd have to go with Vileplume because of its originality and that cute little face! One of my fave generation one Pokemon! Otherwise I would pick Roserade because she just looks bad-ass and awesome!

My least favorite? Amoonguss. Need I say more?

@Jelli & Slayr you both get to choose another grass-type Pokemon from the list! :D

Last edited:

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years

Hmm... I would have to go with Victreebel. I really likes its design the minute I saw it and it reminds me of a carnivorous plant. I had a phase where I was practically obsessed with them and the nostalgia is still there. Runner up is Venusaur as it served me well when it was on my grass team, but it didn't work out and Jumpluff stepped in to take its place.

@Jelli & Slayr you both get to choose another grass-type Pokemon from the list! :D
I'll take Tangrowth. It's such a physical wall and I'm impressed each time I use it to block all those super-effective hits. I love it when an opponent hits it with a brave-bird, Deals a little over 50% worth of damage, and types in the chat, "wow, Tangrowth sure is bulky!" I can't say I liked this pokemon before I started competitively battling at all, but it has proved its worth to me time and time again. Remember that one time Tangrowth, where you were my last pokemon and you defeated Garchomp and Dragonite for the win? I remember, and I'm pretty sure the other guy does too. XD

Sirfetch’d

This is a nearly impossible pick for me because there isn't one that I dislike in the slightest. I love them all so much and picking a favorite is becoming quite difficult, haha. There is Bulbasaur who I adore because he is the original and I remember playing my old Blue version where I used Bulbasaur a few times and would always notice that he is an amazing Pokemon. I fell in love with Bulbasaur so early because of how wonderful he can be. He has a great design, great typing, and a pretty amazing movepool. There is also Roserade who I am a huge fan of as well. I would always comment when playing my Emerald version that Roselia needed an evolution because it had so much potential and then Diamond and Pearl not only have us an evo, but a pre-evolution as well. Roserade caught my eye from the very beginning with his cool design and amazing movepool. He can play a role as a supporter or an all out attacker and be amazing either way. Then there is also Amoongus, Victreebel, Oddish, and so many more that I just love too. I guess in the end, Bulbasaur is my favorite because if the reasons that I listed above.

I'll pick Bulbasaur since my answer for the current topic was about him! =D

Last edited:

Icecream_pokemons

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 9, 2013
Oh I got gogoat and skiddo mixed up so I'd me a skiddo!

And I like gloom. Yup my first pokemon card was a gloom and yeah. But I don't like victorebelle. When I was younger I read the entry for victorebelle and I freaked out and I've hated that pokemon since. But gloom looks so so so laid back and lazy.

Years

venusaur.gif

Venusaur is my choice. I've always liked this Pokemon in general. I don't really like the other Grass/Poison types anyways. I think it's because Venusaur is my first Kanto starter. This isn't much of an answer..

Leaf Blade

Frog Maniac
Years
Username: Leaf Blade
Do you want to go by a nickname? If so, what is it: Froggy
Partners: Treecko, Grovyle

Grass types are my favourite, my favourite Pokemon is Grovyle and my favourite starter is Treecko (I like all the Grass starters though). My first Pokemon was a Treecko and eventually it evolved into a Grovyle. It learned Leaf Blade (my favourite move) and that's what I used until I got stuck after the sixth gym.

One thing I don't get about Grass types though, why are their gyms all females and always based on gardens? There's so much more GF can do

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
One thing I don't get about Grass types though, why are their gyms all females and always based on gardens? There's so much more GF can do
I totally agree with this! Maybe they could have a gym where you're high up in the trees and you would have to swing from tree to tree using vines, encountering trainers along the way, until you reached the gym leader. In case you were wondering, yes, I have thought about this before. Numerous times in fact.

Oh, and welcome to the club Leaf Blade!

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Username: Perdition Haze
Partner Pokémon: Breloom and Cherrim

What is your favorite grass-type Pokémon and why?
Cherrim is definitely one of my favorite grass-type Pokémon. Its colors are bright and beautiful, and its sweet-looking smile always makes me happy. Haha. Also, I love how it's able to change its form out in the daylight. I like Breloom, too, because I find it to be very useful competitively. It has an amazing Attack stat, and with access to Spore, it can take down any of your opponent's Pokémon while it's at sleep.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
Welcome Perdition Haze! I'm not the owner, so I can't do a full initiation, but at least I can give a big, hearty hello!

I love Breloom! It's so powerful and is the all-star of my grass team. It has turned around so many battles that I've lost count of them all. Hope you like the club and happy posting!

Hyzenthlay

Years
I'm sorry I haven't been active for a bit guys but with the traffic and bad weather satellite has been really slow. Anyway, I'm back and I would like to welcome our new members, Leaf Blade and Perdition Haze! I'll add the Pokemon you chose now.

Originally posted by CloysterOyster
If it's ok with the club owner, I want to make a Grass-type team of my own and add it here.

Meganium @ Miracle Seed

-Solarbeam
-Synthesis
-Body Slam
-Razor Leaf

Leafeon @ Miracle Seed

-Solarbeam
-Leaf Blade
-Razor Leaf
-Sunny Day

Serperior @ Meadow Plate

-Vine Whip
-Solarbeam
-Leaf Storm
-Giga Drain

Torterra @ Grass Gem

-Wood Hammer
-Earthquake
-Synthesis
-Leaf Storm

Victreebel @ Poison Barb

-Acid
-Razor Leaf
-Stun Spore
-Vine Whip

Venusaur @ Grass Gem

-Solarbeam
-Leech Seed
-Petal Dance
-Sunny Day

Oh sure, that's fine. c: Anyone's free to answer the topic, new or old! Nice team, by the way. ^^

Uh-oh, no new topic ideas are springing to mind! Would anyone care to help me? c:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back