• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anuhrima

Darkness and Rebirth
Years
Now can someone help me with my other problem
anim000.jpg

Last edited:

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
Years
Would anyone perchance know how to change the length of text in a message window before it automatically starts a new line? For example...

90651500pn7.png

I'm not using the default screen resolution, so I'd obviously like my text lines to be a bit longer. Does anyone know how to modify this?

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
Mrchewy:

Normally, the full extent of the text box is used when displaying text. However, when a text message would span two lines, the game system automatically equalizes the size of the two lines to achieve a better appearance on the screen. This behavior is by design.

Den

Years
  • Seen Apr 1, 2009
When I talk to an NPC I get this error:

Spoiler:

Can someone help me with this?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
It seems you haven't initialised the trainer...
Have you included both the pbSetTrainer and pbTrainerName methods in your intro event?

CollosalPokemon

What's next?
Years
Animated as in how? What sort of animation are you going for?

Like adding an intro directly before the titlescreen; Like in Firered how it shows a Intro Copyrights, Game Freak Presents, shows charactors walking etc..... IN MULTIPLE screens though, not just 2.

EDIT: Alright; I made a script for it, but it gets this error method:

Script 'Scene_Intro' Line 256: Syntax Error occured

The script is:

Spoiler:

What did I do wrong?

Last edited:

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
Years
Like adding an intro directly before the titlescreen; Like in Firered how it shows a Intro Copyrights, Game Freak Presents, shows charactors walking etc..... IN MULTIPLE screens though, not just 2.

EDIT: Alright; I made a script for it, but it gets this error method:

Script 'Scene_Intro' Line 256: Syntax Error occured

The script is:

Spoiler:

What did I do wrong?

Well try this. change the class Scene_Title line to class Scene_Intro That may be the problem, but seeing as how I just started learning how to script. I could be wrong.

redozano

#1 ninja
Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2009
I have a hole arsonal of animations now with after effects but each animation is in image sequence not sprite format. Is there any way I could load up all of my animations in sequence png format instead of sprite sheet format?

Oh I'm posting it here because there are more people.

CollosalPokemon

What's next?
Years
That's because that's the Scene_Title script from the default RMXP scripts, which are generally incompatible with Essentials.

Oh, I get it now; Then how did you do it?

EDIT: I found a way to bypass that; It won't work EXACTLY like Pokemon Essentials, but it should work.

-Testing it out now; Will Update if it works -

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back