• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 11, 2024
Congrats on shiny wurmple roacherman, and don't worry, 3rd and 4th generations games count.

Right now I'm trying to catch shiny combee, it appeared just recently.

See ya later and good luck everyone

Years
...but emulators don't!

Both because of the sheer simplicity of cheating (savestates, savefile rollback), and because this club does not condone piracy, we cannot count shinies found in emulators.

Magnificent. 8D Congratulations on acquiring the legendary pink rocket Shiny Palkia. Pen0r
*hears odd growling in the background*

I'm sorry, Rubkia! I'll never say it again... :(

Kyogre progressing slowly.

roacherman

Time Guardian
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 27, 2010
...but emulators don't!

Both because of the sheer simplicity of cheating (savestates, savefile rollback), and because this club does not condone piracy, we cannot count shinies found in emulators.

*hears odd growling in the background*

I'm sorry, Rubkia! I'll never say it again... :(

Kyogre progressing slowly.

Hey hey hey, just because I have the technology to take damn good pictures, does that mean Im using an emulator?

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 11, 2024
To roacherman: maybe everything will be ok if you can proof you're not using and emulator.

To metalmario: take it easy, kyogre will appear soon.

By the way, my new shiny combee is quirky natured and male. haven't checked IV's yet.

good luck everyone.

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2011
Good luck on Kyogre MetalMario, I'm still waiting for Giratina to shine. It's good to see Fufu still has some luck. I've been using more of my time elsewhere so I've only been able to play 1 game at a time.

roacherman

Time Guardian
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 27, 2010

Sigh, I guess if I must, this is my gameboy (yeah I dont have a DS or Id be playing DPPT)

Anymore questions?

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2011

Sigh, I guess if I must, this is my gameboy (yeah I dont have a DS or Id be playing DPPT)

Anymore questions?

Um yeah just one. When I click to the picture of your GBASP, I see another pic of a DS with the same keyboard on the gamespot forums. And that picture was taken over 2 years ago. Just stating facts due to the link on the pic.

OT: back to more Giratina SRing.

Years
Hey hey hey, just because I have the technology to take damn good pictures, does that mean Im using an emulator?
Jadalga disagrees. (photos for comparison)

A screenshot from an emulator, especially on its own and as the first thing you post, is not evidence. Full explanations and proof wherever possible are a necessity.

Pseudo-edit: Google Image Result? lulwut? You're gonna have to do better than that. Pics of that Wurmple on your GBA or DS system or it didn't happen. (Better yet, let me help you with that.)

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 11, 2024
Well, it looks like roacherman doesn't have any proof.

Good luck with kyogre metalmario.
Good luck with giratina dragonking_shinyelite

Nothing new for now.

Happy hunting and good luck everyone.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 11, 2024
to roacherman: don't know, maybe taking new pictures with your camera.

In other news, nothing yet.
By the way, I was thinking if all in the club can race to see who gets the first shiny this month, but not any shiny, but a shiny that has been really difficult to get to anyone, starting from today, what do you think?, I was thinking of a way to keep motivation and this is the only thing that came to my mind.

Good luck everyone and happy hunting.

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
to roacherman: don't know, maybe taking new pictures with your camera.

In other news, nothing yet.
By the way, I was thinking if all in the club can race to see who gets the first shiny this month, but not any shiny, but a shiny that has been really difficult to get to anyone, starting from today, what do you think?, I was thinking of a way to keep motivation and this is the only thing that came to my mind.

Good luck everyone and happy hunting.

Not a bad idea. Sounds interesting.
Very well, I shall hunt for Rayquaza begining tomorrow.

roacherman

Time Guardian
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 27, 2010
sbojlv_th.jpg

alright alright, I guess that old picture didnt work, so I took the new picture. See mine MINE!

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
sbojlv_th.jpg

alright alright, I guess that old picture didnt work, so I took the new picture. See mine MINE!

XD

Why don't you just take a picture of your Emerald version On and connected into your GBA SP while it showing an on-screen shot of your Shiny Wurmple? =P

roacherman

Time Guardian
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 27, 2010
DAMNS IT, IF I WANT TO TAKE GOOD QUALITY PICTURES WHY CANT I!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On the other hand, since I just finished emerald Ill finally start hunting for shiny magnemite

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
DAMNS IT, IF I WANT TO TAKE GOOD QUALITY PICTURES WHY CANT I!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On the other hand, since I just finished emerald Ill finally start hunting for shiny magnemite

XD

Cool; I've always wanted one of those. I might go for one.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 11, 2024
to roacherman: it's not about the quality, it's because of the first picture that looked suspicious, my advice is that you take two more pictures of your gba and your game showing your shiny, I suppose that will do.

A shiny magnemite would be an interesting target.

Changing topic;About the race I was talking about a few days ago , I was thinking if it would be better to divide it in categories to put things a little more interesting.Good luck everyone and happy hunting.

Edit: playing sapphire, in new mawhile I found a shiny voltorb a little while ago, it was a random encounter. Pics later.

Last edited:

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
to roacherman: it's not about the quality, it's because of the first picture that looked suspicious, my advice is that you take two more pictures of your gba and your game showing your shiny, I suppose that will do.

A shiny magnemite would be an interesting target.

Changing topic;About the race I was talking about a few days ago , I was thinking if it would be better to divide it in categories to put things a little more interesting.Good luck everyone and happy hunting.

Edit: playing sapphire, in new mawhile I found a shiny voltorb a little while ago, it was a random encounter. Pics later.

This doesn't count as a Shiny that was difficult to get, so I don't think it counts as part of your race, Draco, as I didn't plan to ever get one, but I started chaining Nidoran (F)emale cause I'm going to fill my Platinum PokeDex, and I chained just for fun, and now I've gone and caught a Shiny Nidoran (F) at a chain of 43/44. The chain hasn't broken despite not being cautious where I really step. XD

I'll post stats when the chain does break. Also, congrats on the random encounter Voltorb, Draco. You're the first to catch any Shiny so far. =D

EDIT 01: Stats

Chain ended on 51 when I accidentally walked into a patch when I wasn't looking at my screen... XD

Well, here is her info:
Nidoran (F), Lv. 3, caught in a Poke Ball.
Lax nature.
Nov. 9, 2009
Route 201
Met at Lv. 3.

Often lost in thought.
Likes sour food.

HP: 16
Attack: 7
Defense: 8
Sp. Atk: 8
Sp. Def: 6
Speed: 7
Ability: Rivalry

Moves: Growl, Scratch

Last edited:

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 11, 2024
This doesn't count as a Shiny that was difficult to get, so I don't think it counts as part of your race, Draco, as I didn't plan to ever get one, but I started chaining Nidoran (F)emale cause I'm going to fill my Platinum PokeDex, and I chained just for fun, and now I've gone and caught a Shiny Nidoran (F) at a chain of 43/44. The chain hasn't broken despite not being cautious where I really step. XD

I'll post stats when the chain does break. Also, congrats on the random encounter Voltorb, Draco. You're the first to catch any Shiny so far. =D

Chain ended on 51 when I accidentally walked into a patch when I wasn't looking at my screen... XD

Well, here is her info:
Nidoran (F), Lv. 3, caught in a Poke Ball.
Lax nature.
Nov. 9, 2009
Route 201
Met at Lv. 3.

Often lost in thought.
Likes sour food.

HP: 16
Attack: 7
Defense: 8
Sp. Atk: 8
Sp. Def: 6
Speed: 7
Ability: Rivalry

Moves: Growl, Scratch

Thanks, voltorb was really unexpected.

yeah, I know that my voltorb doesn't count as a shiny for the race, my real targets are mesprit and cranidos since they have been difficult for me to get, I was also going to suggest that the race could be divided in categories like the first shiny (any shiny that had been difficult to get during the year)of the month by: SR, Breeding, Chaining and random encounter ; I guess it can be for november of the next year since the race have been started.

Voltorb is my second shiny of the month, combee was the first, I'll upload pics of both soon. They don't count for the race.

Congrats on shiny nidoran Shadow chaos.

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
Thanks, voltorb was really unexpected.

yeah, I know that my voltorb doesn't count as a shiny for the race, my real targets are mesprit and cranidos since they have been difficult for me to get, I was also going to suggest that the race could be divided in categories like the first shiny (any shiny that had been difficult to get during the year)of the month by: SR, Breeding, Chaining and random encounter ; I guess it can be for november of the next year since the race have been started.

Voltorb is my second shiny of the month, combee was the first, I'll upload pics of both soon. They don't count for the race.

Congrats on shiny nidoran Shadow chaos.

No problem. =D

My target is still Rayquaza (which I've yet to continue my hunt on...).
For other targets, I'm still not sure what to consider difficult...
Gotta go through my wants list. I guess Sentret counts, as it has been one of my targets for months now.

imhappyplz.gif

At least for when it comes to Radar/Chaining, I have luck:
Just chained Larvitar today (as it was my Swarm of the day), and got a Shiny one on the 53rd Chain. I have pics, and a video too (but I'll have to wait till I can get them out of my phone and into an SD card so I can upload them; I have pics/vids of Charmander too). Stats are coming soon. 8D

And thanks. ^^

Ha! Lasting 10 chains longer, Larvitar is now my most chained Pokemon on Platinum, beating Pichu (57) by 4, and Nidoran (F) by 10. >D
Chain unexpectedly broken by a Machop. D| I wanted two... Oh well:

Larvitar (M), Lv. 16, caught in a Luxary Ball (Yay!).
Lonely nature.
Nov. 11, 2009
Route 206
Met at Lv. 16.

Highly persistent.
Likes spicy food.

HP: 44
Attack: 27
Defense: 21
Sp. Atk: 22
Sp. Def: 21
Speed: 20