• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I'm planning on finishing this Favourites challenge before the night is out, which I'm almost done grinding, which is coolbeans. I just gotta beat the Elite Four now, which can't be too hard.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Pikachu-wished-me-Happy-Birthday-D-pokemon-21704288-639-360.jpg

I should start a challenge today.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
"Now, while we do absolutely nothing for eight hours straight, go run away with some random hooker Pichu and mess up and entire home to many Pokemon, anger a feisty Houndour, play trampoline with a Snorlax and maybe something else like save someone's house, okay Pikachu?"

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
That reminds me, I should continue my Shroomish solo on Ruby. :)

Anyway, I had an idea for a challenge, which would have to be based on either the Pokemon Anime or Manga. Simply put, you'd choose one Pokemon to start off with, which you, or someone else can choose. You take that Pokemon, and find it's debut in whatever you're basing the challenge on, and go from there. So if your Pokemon that you start off with was Houndoom, you'd have to find the episode, or chapter which Houndoom debuts in, and then choose debut Pokemon in order from there. After Houndoom's debut comes Murkrow's debut, so you'd have to use that as well, and so on.

Does that make sense? ^_^

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
Ohh man, how could I miss the 1 year anniversary of Challenges ? I fee like a traitor. :< Those stupid end-year exams... I hate how school seems to be finished, although it's not.

But anyways, this summer shall be solo summer for me ! <3 :D Expect tons of RBY Solos from my.

On a sidenote... anyone has the 3DS ? If yes, could you give me an opinion on the Pokedex 3D when it comes out ? It might come in really handy for my Pokemon Black... but I don't even have a 3DS yet. D:

@ Alt : Very cool idea. Although it might turn out to be somewhat annoying, constantly checking out debuts of certain Pokemon. Oh well.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
It's okay, we'll celebrate all month! :D And Alt, I agree with 560, it seems like it'd be annoying to check debuts and such, lol. I mean, it could work, but I'd get fed up with having to check. lmao

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Why would it be annoying? You choose a Pokemon, find out it's first anime listing from Bulbapedia, and go from there for all the episodes until you get a team of 4, 5 or 6 Pokemon. There's nearly a new debut Pokemon every episode, so it can't be that hard.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Happy Birthday challenges!!! \o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/

Anyway, I haven't been here for long (since October), but this board has somewhat taken over my life been a bit too much a part of my life, with the monotypes being so fun and all. Props to Myrrhman for his awesome run as well, I'm catching up though!

I joined right after I finished a Kingdra solo run on HG, which was my first challenge.

I really like this forum becuase they keep the older games alive - I hadn't played RBY for years, and GSC for only slightly less time. I found Emerald in late 2006 about (thanks VBA!), and then played Diamond when a viable DS emulator came out (No$gba 2.6), and then played Platinum (Garchomp and Togekiss were uber). I also joined Bulbapedia around that time, lol. Pokemon FOREVER!

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
Why would it be annoying? You choose a Pokemon, find out it's first anime listing from Bulbapedia, and go from there for all the episodes until you get a team of 4, 5 or 6 Pokemon. There's nearly a new debut Pokemon every episode, so it can't be that hard.

I don't find that to be annoying at all. I think it sounds like a pretty cool challenge. :3

I'm basically done with school. We don't have homework anymore, so I have that time for challenges and naps. Also, I'm thinking about doing an ultimate solo with Blaziken very soon.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I think the interesting thing about the challenge would be that you could be lucky or not, depending on what Pokemon you opt to choose. By choosing a strong contender could end up with you choosing some pretty bad Pokemon in the long run.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I think I'm taking a break from challenges to shiny hunt. lol :( I really want that shiny Petilil! Hell, this is a challenge in its own right. Been at this for about a week.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Since I'm sorta the RNG abuser person here, or at least I used to frequently, I'll probably go do that to Kyurem, but it's shiny sprite is awesome, so I might go and get that instead or something. :)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
How do you even RNG in gen V? I probably can't do it because I suck, but lol. I'm trying to Masuda the Petilil. Also, is banana a verb now? Your sig implies it.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
There's actually two ways you can RNG in Gen 5. It's just a lot harder to do so if you have anything newer than a DS Lite. Idk I'm stuck with a 3DS, so I'm taking the hard way to doing it.

And yes, I made banana a verb. It was originally pear since I was talking about in the DCC the bad people who just meet and instantly pair, inplying that they say "hay lets pear", so I made that my sig, with an Exeggutor. That didn't have any pears so I changed it to Tropius with banana instead. I'm thinking about changing it once again to Musharna and floating. :P

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Well, I have a DS Lite and fat, so I guess it'll be easier for me? Now I'm curious as to how it goes. Also, still no luck with Petilil. :'(

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Well there are lots of places to learn. I'm sure if you asked TwilightBlade/Florida she'd help you with it. There's also Smogon, which you shouldn't go to unless you like mean people.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
RNG is the Random Number Generator. It's not technically hacking, as you're not altering any of the Pokemon. Infact, you don't need to use Action Replay or any hacking devide at all. RNG abuse is simply abusing the RNG to get what you want. So you could use this technique to force say, a Pokemon to hatch as a shiny Petilil, with the right parents of course. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back