• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Who is your favourite gym leader?

Trinidad

Trinidad
Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
As the title says, what is your favourite gym leader or if you want a main trainer, anyone in generation 3 pokemon games.

Sorry typo *who is your favourite gym leader

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2014
Norman because his gym lets you either head into the battle styles you think are easiest, or are more suitable to your team, or tackle the challenge of facing a new type of NPC battling strategy.

Years
Winona I'd have to say, that helmet of hers with the wings and also her hair is very beautiful plus she uses some pretty strong Flying-types.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
In Kanto, I really like Sabrina and Blaine. I've liked them since gen I though, haha. But Sabrina is just a really cool person, and I love Blaine's gimmick. I'd actually say I prefer Blaine just a bit more, haha.

For Hoenn, I would say Wattson. I don't really have a good reason why though. I just always liked his personality and he stood out to me more when I was a kid. Plus you can get Thunderbolt from him! :)

tl;dr I like old men.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Kanto? Probably Blaine. He's p fun.

Hoenn? It's between Wattson and Flannery. He's jolly and ridiculous and she's adorably hot-headed and I totally see them being close and having a grandpa/granddaughter relationship and they're adorable ok.

Sirfetch’d

In Kanto I'd say Sabrina, just because she was mysterious and cool.

As for Hoenn all of them lmao. Uhhh If I had to pick just one I'd say Wattson, however they were all cool and Hoenn is the best at everything.

Years
I liked Winona, so I'd go with her for my answer. Her gym had an awesome maze (doors ftw!), and I liked her beauty.

Years
FR/LG: Blaine, classy, and my favorite type.
R/S/E: Juan/Wallace. They gave me the most pleasant "challenge" from all gym leaders.

Years
Kanto : FR/LG : Blue : Because His team was powerful as well in diversity which I liked to train My whole team.
Hoenn: R/S/E : Tate & Liza : Very Cute looking yet very powerful gym leaders... I always faced a tough challenge when I challenged them

Daixtey

The Sin of Joy
Years
Kanto: I liked Blaine a lot not only is his gym cool I also like his personality and Pokemon-type he uses.
Hoenn: I think Brawly was my favourite Because of the challenge that he gives you early in the game.

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
Hmm, for Kanto I'd say Sabrina, because I like how she looks (in the games, not the anime), and because she uses the Psychic-type which is my favourite type. For Hoenn, I'd say Flannery, again because of how she looks, and because she uses my third-favourite type (Fire, after Psychic and Dragon).

Years
My favorite Gym Leaders in FR/LG were Blaine and Koga. Both of them were mostly for their gym design, although I do like both of their stories going forward into the Johto games, as well.

As for R/S/E, my favorite Gym Leaders were Winona and Wallace, again for their gyms. Both of them had some of the more fun little gym puzzles in my mind, and Wallace even managed to get an upgrade to Champion in Emerald (even if I didn't quite agree with it).

Anguscr4p

3rd Gen Enthusiast
Years
For Kanto, I'm going with Giovanni, he uses pretty much all of favorite 1st gen pokemon and is also just a complete badass. He's like a classic crime boss from the 20s.

And for Hoenn, although I love Juan/Wallace's gym puzzle, my favorite is Norman, because it's cool to face your "dad" in a gym battle. Plus, his Slaking's mind games in R/S were really difficult to beat, but were still cool and showed some strategical thinking on Nintendo's part.

Years
Tate & Liza are absolutely adorable. Ever since I saw them in the anime they've become one of my favorite gym leaders. Winona is also quite amazing though; her design is beautiful. :D

Back