• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokemon red proud eyes edition V4.0

break

D-Sun that was called D-Moon
Years
Hey nice hack but how come my Pokemon Red isn't playing in color?

Noob question, I know. I applied your patch to a fresh Pokemon Red rom, though.

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it working. This hack looks good, thanks for your work!

@Neglesh

cool, glad to hear you are enjoying my romhack...and that you are able to play it in color ^_^"

on a side note...i noticed that there was some confusion with my V3.0 thread >_<"

* talking to the mods & admins to get things resolved *

break

Years
alright, just updated my top post...need an admin to change my thread title to "V3.0"

* thanks in advance *

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2022
Weird name but quite a fun hack :) I have a question though: can you perhaps replace a few crappy pokemon (goldeen and seaking, psyduck and golduck, pidgey line, etcetera) with some later-gen pokemon? I would love to see stuff like Staraptor (with submission since CloseCombat doesnt exist yet), Torterra and Flygon :)

break

Years
@BroskiRage

awesome, so how was your experience ?

* hmm...may have to holla at ya about that poke'text *

@HeroesAndCons

happy to hear you are having fun with it !!

* but i plan to have only Gen-1 pokemon in this hack *

@Mods

Version 4.0 is out now !!

can someone update the title to :

Pokémon Red - proud eyes edition V4.0

Last edited:

Hacker Bisharp

Bug reporter
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 28, 2019
Awesome! What's new in this version?
Edit: The screen in your post are in color but my rom is in black and white. Why? :(

break

Years
Awesome! What's new in this version?
Edit: The screen in your post are in color but my rom is in black and white. Why? :(

sorry that i missed your post...did not see a "page 2"

anyhow, the updates are located in my first post ^_^"

to answer your other question...it depends on the emulator you are using.

* most have a super-gameboy or gameboy-color mode *

this is a hack of the old gameboy pokemon red...so it will be treated as a black/white gameboy game.

BroskiRage

neatest kid
Years
Hey Break you updated this one i surprised Danny 2nd gen patch is everywhere :)

I had a fun experience with this game thanks for making it :)

break

Years
Hey Break you updated this one i surprised Danny 2nd gen patch is everywhere :)

I had a fun experience with this game thanks for making it :)

yeah, i tested it out back with the 1.0 release and now with the updated 1.1

* i made sure he was okay with me using it *

thanks, i am happy to hear you had a nice experience with this hack !!

it seems people have started uploading reviews, let's plays, and even nuzlocke challenges of this hack on youtube.

* however, over 90% of the people who download this hack...only play it on their cell phones *

BroskiRage

neatest kid
Years
I played most of it on my cell and then finished it on my PC i should do reviews on this hack i hope you dont mind.

break

Years
I played most of it on my cell and then finished it on my PC i should do reviews on this hack i hope you dont mind.

sounds great, feel free to post the link to your review here ^_^"

-- *UPDATE* --

after watching many online let's plays, nuzlocke challenges, and ever some reviews of this hack...i have been inspired to pick this back up and start working on an update.

the first thing i would like to play with is editing the music in this game !!

* if anyone is able to help out with this...please reply here and/or send me a message *

next, i would love to modify some of the overworld sprites in this game.

* maybe add some extra ones as well *

also, learn how to edit the pokemon trainer's teams.

* like levels, pokemon, etc. *

lastly, and maybe not to be released with this next update, i would like to try editting some of the in-game text.

anyhow...i have been very busy with work, these past few months, so i have not had a chance to play around with things for a while.

so, if you are able to help me out a bit...please feel free to contact me ^_^"

BroskiRage

neatest kid
Years
Hey break i dont know if you remember but im good with editing text with pokemon red with Poketext keep that in mind :)

break

Years
Hey break i dont know if you remember but im good with editing text with pokemon red with Poketext keep that in mind :)

hmm, okay then...so are you still able to help me with with "Poketext" ?

-----------------------------

also looking for assistance with :

- custom music insertion (have to music converted...but a little confused on how to insert it)

- over-world sprite editing (wondering if their is a tool or someone willing to help with this)

- pokemon trainer team editing (tool or general help on how to modify the teams and such)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 1, 2018
I know this is very old, but whatever.

The hack looks great and it's nice to have more challenging gym leader battles. It's a shame though, that the same doesn't apply to regular trainers, as they are very easy since they weren't modified at all.

Now what I REALLY dislike is Sabrina having a Mew, Giovanni a Mewtwo and Lance the three legendary birds. Aren't they supposed to be unique pokemon? It seems like a really cheap way of making them harder to beat, but completely inconsistent with the game lore. Also, Sabrina has a SNORLAX, the most normal type pokemon there is. Seriously?

What feels odd too is that at a certain point, most wild pokemon have higher levels than the trainers in the same area, which doesn't make much sense. How would they even survive there or why would they have the same pokemon found there but at lower levels?

break

Years
@Alnath89

A bit of a necro-bump from me
Really happy to see people still checking out my old hack.
I had started on version 5.0 a few years after this release
That addressed the issues with trainers and wild pokemon
But got really busy and had to stop development on it.
Now-a-days, there are lots of resources out for hacking/modifying Gen-I games.
May look back into it this year...with the proper motivation.
So again, thanks for trying out my hack.
Not sure if you are familiar with 'Final Fantasy Legend II' (for the GameBoy)
But I am planning to release a hack of it online this month.

ericgall23

Quiet Pokémon fan
Years
Hi there!

I just tried and play your game up to the end, and it's really good! You did a very good job in general, especially for updating the sprites to Gen2, coz they're a lot better than Gen1, seriosuly, especially the pokémon back sprites. It was a great playing experience, and i'll keep it in my games!

Here's wthat I liked:
- The new sprites from Gen2 to all pokémon and trainers! It was great and enjoyable.
- Gym Leader, Rival battles and Elite Four was a real challenge and great different teams! Thanks!
- Diffrent wild Pokémon in all areas was really good, and a great change to differenciate if from the original! ;)
- Many different TMs sold in various marts.
- Many Pokémon got different moves, and still compatible, at start! It's really great, and I love this, as this makes this game different!
- The fact that you din't touch Pokémon and moves is what I like the most! I'm serious, coz that way, every Pokémon and moves are tradable with no bugs, or glithes, by using TGB DUAL, and Pokémon without trading is not a Pokémon game. and I'm not interesting in games that people change the Pokémon, stats or moves. I want them to be the same by nature, but i love differences in thier movesets (as long as they make sense or compatible), or maybe with updates on the existing moves with gen 7 positives changes, like I do)
- Game corner Prizes were different.

Here are the things that I less liked, or that disturbed me a little:
- Most trainers (except Gym leaders, rivals and E4) were the same as original game! However, thanks to the new sprites from Gen2 i wasn't totally bored... but little differences could have been good.
- the fact that TM33 and TM32 are sold in two different places (Vermilion City and Fuchsia City, and with Celadon City's 2F). It's not a big deal, but since some TMs still can't be bought, i would have liked different TMs for these two spots in the 2 marts, OR two different TMs on Celadon's 2F. You know, just to make variety, but it's ok, and it's your choice.
- It's kind of funny or weird that Paras can't be obtained in this game (and also Mew). Still, we can trade with TGB DUAL, so it's not that much of a problem...
- the fact that Loreili's Jynx has Blizzard twice in its moveset is kind of weird, but it's just a detail (I used Mimic to check that!)
- Also, the fact that Blue's Jolteon has Sky Attack is truly weird!!! It's incompatible legaly, but since it's fast, jump high and can glow, i guess it makes sense... a little... i respect your choice...
- All dialogs and texts are the same as original! (It's okay i guess for gyms and E4... but i would have liked different dialogs for people or trainers. But hey, it's okay too, since the trainers are the same, and i know it's a really big job to do this, and stressful at times too, and we have to be inspired, so I don't blame you! I make games too, and i know it's a big job to do...

Bref, you did a really good game! I enjoyed it! If you had other Gen 1 or 2 Pokémon games, i would like to know, coz this game was really a game that I was looking for. ;)

Also, since I'm a game creator too, i invite you try Pokémon Yellow Advanced (Final), or if you like Gen 2, try Gold Unova, Gold Sinnoh or New Gold Era. These are all in the forum ROm hacking stuio, or on Zophar.net, and they are all final games that I recenlty published and I made, and I,M sure you'll love them!

Right now, i'm working on another one, but it will take a year i guess to complete it. Like you, i'm busy with other things in my life... but i still have my passion for Pokémon and for game making! ;)

Continue your great work, and thanks again! ;)

Days
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
Não consigo abrir o jogo no meu Android, apesar de estar usando o emulador certo

Back