• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

MediMew! UU RMT.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years

MediMew! 8D

This is like my 3rd RMT in two day's or something. >__< My other RMT went down the drain, I decided to have it closed because to many changes had been made. XD; It also sucked a lot. Anyway let's go. <3

The Building process

Spoiler:

Meet the team yo!

031.gif
@ Leftovers
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Hp / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature (+Def; -Atk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

After much consideration I decided to switch Armaldo for Nidoqueen, she can take hits, absorbs Toxic Spikes, resists Stealth Rock, she can take Fighting, Rock and Poison moves, as well as some other physical attacks, Slowbro covers her Water weakness perfectly and can take a ground attack for her as well. Sheer Force gives her a much needed boost in her 3 offensive attacks which have quite good coverage. Of course, I don't expect her to sweep. :3

080.gif
@ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature (+Def; -Atk)
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave
- Flamethrower

Slowbro is my amazing physical wall, taking a physical hit from anything! @_@ Scald is a nice addition, giving me the chance to burn something which makes physical moves even more useless. 8D Giving Chansey support to, Flamethrower is for steel/grass/bug types who think they can defeat moi! Slack Off is mandatory. Thunder Wave is for crippling sweepers, more support for my MediMew combo. I was gonna have Toxic, but compared to Thunder Wave it wouldn't do much.

308.gif
@ Life Orb
Trait: Pure Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spe; -SpA)
- Psycho Cut
- Hi Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch

My Physical bby! Pure Power doubles it's base 60 attack, along with 252 Ev's in attack, a life orb, usually +2 from Gligar this thing can rip teams apart. Although coming in from Baton Pass usually knocks it down to about 25-40% Hp, leaving it open. However despite it, It's got a wide physical movepool and can pack a punch.

113.gif
@ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature (+Def; -Atk)
- Wish
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Protect

Everyone's favourite Eviolite egg abuser. Giving support to my team with Wish and Toxic, protect is so stall for Toxic damage and to see what moves they have, Seismic toss is so I'm not complete taunt bait.

151.gif
@ Lagging Tail
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature (+Def; -Atk)
- Baton Pass
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Psychic

Mew is my new SD/Speed passer, replacing Gligar. Lagging tail is a great item that helps me when Baton Passing. It's decent bulk means it can take a few hits and live to pass +2 Attack and a +2 Speed. Psychic is there so I'm not complete taunt bait.

646.gif
@ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe; -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Draco Meteor
- Focus Blast

Kyurem replaced Mew in the special sweeping roll, it can tear teams apart with it's amazing 130 Base Special attack and to excellent STABS. It just say's "lol" to pretty much everything.

Ending words

I love this team. K bye and junk,

Last edited:

Conjurer

The Verdant
Years
It seems to me that this team is based around Medicham sweeping, so if that's the case I'm gonna suggest that you make Mew the Baton Passer. Something like:

Mew @Lagging Tail
Trait: Sychronize
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Baton Pass
- Psychic

The crux of this set is Lagging Tail. It always makes you go last, which means the opponent will always, always, always hit you before you baton pass, therefore getting Medicham in at full HP (assuming no hazards) and give him 10 turns to annihilate foe's teams.

That leaves the Nasty Plotter slot open. I would recommend Azelf, but considering you already have 3 Psychic types in your team, perhaps Togekiss would be a better option (although it totally goes off what Mew was originally planning to do). Maybe you can just forget Nasty Plot as a whole and try LO Shaymin.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015
I recommend Weavile over Medicham with this set:

Weavile @ focus sash
252spe 252att 4hp
Jolly
~ Swords Dance
~ Ice Shard
~ Night Slash
~ Low Kick / Ice Punch

Years
I recommend Weavile over Medicham with this set:

Weavile @ focus sash
252spe 252att 4hp
Jolly
~ Swords Dance
~ Ice Shard
~ Night Slash
~ Low Kick / Ice Punch

Based on what? It doesn't have the same awesome moveset, it's carrying Sword Dance even though he says it is supposed to have the dance passed to it, it's equipped with a focus sash even though its a sweeper, and it carries more weaknesses, including a x4 (which he already has to carry a pokemon to cover). Not to mention it has lower attack. The only advantage a Weavile would have is the speed, and the priority move, though he has Agility on his passer to fix that (one agility makes Medicham fast enough to outspeed nearly the whole metagame, OU or under, scarfed or not, if Jolly +252 Spd).

I really like this team, the only problem I see is a lot of fighting weakness, but then you have a lot of fighting resistance, so...

In a strange way, this team actually looks weak to opposing Medicham, haha, but I don't know how often you'll see that, and you can always T-Wave it with Slowbro before it can Thunderpunch you into oblivion, and then it isn't much of a threat.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Hi. I don't have a whole lot of time because I'm about ready to collapse from practice but I just wanted to say that this team is actually very Durant weak, notably if you don't get Slowbro out to Flamethrower on the first Hone Claws. X-Scissor and Iron Head rips through your team save Gligar, who doesn't do much in return off of that nice uninvested base 75 Atk, while Iron Head can drop it because of flinches from Iron Head. Plus it outspeeds like everything on your team.

I'd recommend something far more sturdy than Armaldo. Plenty of other Pokemon get SR and your team doesn't have any need to run Rapid Spin. Plus, Armaldo is honestly not going to hit hard -or- take hits well, meaning its a wasted team slot. I'd look into Pokemon like Nidoqueen who can take a hit or two and scare Durant out with the threat of Fllamethrower.

...yep I'm starting to lose focus now so if I said anything confusing please alert me! /falls asleep

Years
notably if you don't get Slowbro out to Flamethrower on the first Hone Claws.

Er, don't mean to seem rude, because I think you're right that Durant could pose a serious problem to this team, but that seems like a pretty big if. There's no reason the Slowbro shouldn't be out there on the first hone claw? Seems like some pretty heavy theorymonning, is all.

Now, if Slowbro dies before Durant even sees the battlefield, that's a different problem. Mixed Electivire, if he is still UU, could be the pokemon that causes this problem?

I also agree with the sentiment that Armaldo is probably the easiest to replace on this team, but I don't know with what. I've always been interested in an Aggron, and this may be my only opportunity to suggest using him? He's not as "wall-like," though. Still, though, if you have been using Armaldo, and he has been effective, no reason to switch it up.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Well.. I like this team a lot. On an individual basis I think each Pokemon is constructed really well. Good job!

Maybe you'd want to try Psychic on Slowbro? It's a great STAB attack and will give you a good advantage against a lot of types for neutral damage. Yawn may also be a good idea for some pseudo-hazing.

Perriechu

Years
I've updated the main post, I took Conjurer's advice and added the Mew in over Gligar, I lacked a special sweeper and couldn't use Azelf because Durant truly would destroy this team. I choose Kyurem, who's been doing fine, by the time Durant has +1'd I would of Hp Fire'd it and ended it. Slowbro doesn't die to a +1 X-Scissor which means I can get in a Flamethrower. I've replaced ThunderPunch on Medicham for Fire Punch since it does more, I was wall'd by horribad steels. Armaldo has been doing well, Rapid Spin is needed because of the Toxic Spikers coming in, which could wreck Medicham, Kyurem & Slowbro. Although I made need something that resists Bug and Fighting all together...

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Er, don't mean to seem rude, because I think you're right that Durant could pose a serious problem to this team, but that seems like a pretty big if. There's no reason the Slowbro shouldn't be out there on the first hone claw? Seems like some pretty heavy theorymonning, is all.

Now, if Slowbro dies before Durant even sees the battlefield, that's a different problem. Mixed Electivire, if he is still UU, could be the pokemon that causes this problem?

I also agree with the sentiment that Armaldo is probably the easiest to replace on this team, but I don't know with what. I've always been interested in an Aggron, and this may be my only opportunity to suggest using him? He's not as "wall-like," though. Still, though, if you have been using Armaldo, and he has been effective, no reason to switch it up.

Durant used X-Scissor!
It's super effective!
The foe's Slowbro lost 90% of its health!

The foe's Slowbro used Slack Off!
The foe's Slowbro regained health!

712 Atk vs 350 Def & 394 HP (80 Base Power): 350 - 414 (88.83% - 105.08%)

^ That's an itemless Durant @ log and calc. This is a Durant with a LO:

712 Atk vs 350 Def & 394 HP (80 Base Power): 456 - 536 (115.74% - 136.04%)

As you can see, guaranteed OHKO with +1. I apologize as I myelf didn't know exactly how much it did and assumed it didn't KO Slowbro but it seems more like Durant just mauls that defensive core of yours. Lastly, Durant's Iron Head to Gligar;

712 Atk vs 486 Def & 334 HP (80 Base Power): 165 - 195 (49.40% - 58.38%)

That's a 98.36% chance to 2HKO it normally and a 100% with any prior damage at all. And since your Gligar has no recovery it'll be even easier to wear it down.

edit:

I choose Kyurem, who's been doing fine, by the time Durant has +1'd I would of Hp Fire'd it and ended it. Slowbro doesn't die to a +1 X-Scissor which means I can get in a Flamethrower. I've replaced ThunderPunch on Medicham for Fire Punch since it does more, I was wall'd by horribad steels. Armaldo has been doing well, Rapid Spin is needed because of the Toxic Spikers coming in, which could wreck Medicham, Kyurem & Slowbro. Although I made need something that resists Bug and Fighting all together...

Kyurem is outrun by Durant and OHKOd by Iron Head, unless you're running Scarf HP Fire... Slowbro dies to a +1 X-Scissor with LO, Expert Belt, or any kind of boost. That log we had was my bad, I had no item on Durant. Why aren't you using HJK for Steels? No Steel-type in UU should be neutral to Fighting except Durant (who dies anyway) and Escavalier. Like I said, you could replace Armaldo with Nidoqueen who lets you get up SR/Toxic Spikes of your own, resists Bug and Fighting, provides a great Heracross/Cobalion check as well as many other Fighting-type Pokemon, and absorbs Toxic Spikes on its own.

Last edited:

Perriechu

Years
Nidoqueen has been added to the team after some consideration.

I find that I'm having a load of trouble dealing with SubPlot Mismagius running Substitute/Nasty Plot/Thunderbolt/Shadow Ball. Having 105 base speed it out runs everything on my team. \: If it's Np'd it's all over since Mew can't survive a +2 SE STAB'd Shadow Ball, plus it has to use Rock Polish and then pass it on. \: So any help for dealing with this little "thing" I was thinking that I could give Kyurem a choice scarf and just let him rip away. Chansey maybe an amazing special wall although it's completely walled by Mismagius, Toxic can't do anything whilst it has a Sub and Seismic Toss cannot touch it. D:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
CM Mismag sets up on Kyurem regardless. Escavlier might be useful here, over something to beat said Mismag.

Escavlier @ Chesto Berry
248 HP / 24 Atk / 232 SpD / 4 Speed
Adamant Nature
Trait : Shell Armour
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Megahorn(y) ;]
- Rest

This is prolly my fav set for it. That or you can use another attack move over Rest and Leftovers or just the flat out CBer.

ThunderPunch is alot better than Fire Punch to hit Slowbro and the like on Medicham. Fire Punch doesn't cover hardly anything.

Zen Headbutt over Psychic on Mew if you're using SD.

This team also lacks SR. :/

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
CM Mismag sets up on Kyurem regardless. Escavlier might be useful here, over something to beat said Mismag.

Escavlier @ Chesto Berry
248 HP / 24 Atk / 232 SpD / 4 Speed
Adamant Nature
Trait : Shell Armour
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Megahorn(y) ;]
- Rest

This team also lacks SR. :/

I'm agreeing with Escavalier suggestion as well as saying you might try to put SR on Nidoqueen > probably Flamethrower, since Ground/Ice is near perfect coverage (and perfect in UU iirc) and you'll nail Durant's awful Special Defense with Earth Power anyway... plus Escavalier resists most of Durant's moveset as well so it gives you an additional emergency check. :)

Perriechu

Years
I've added in Escavalier over Chansey. [Don't ask how I came to that decision. Chansey was being terrible and I kept seeing more and more things walling her, if the worst comes I'll put her back on]

Nidoqueen cannot have Toxic Spikes/Sheer Force/Stealth Rock. |:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
I've added in Escavalier over Chansey. [Don't ask how I came to that decision. Chansey was being terrible and I kept seeing more and more things walling her, if the worst comes I'll put her back on]

Nidoqueen cannot have Toxic Spikes/Sheer Force/Stealth Rock. |:

You won't be able to use Sheer Force should you choose to use Stealth Rock. You could try to find something else to stick it on but idk where...

Back