• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

on tattoos

outfox

in
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
What's the worst tattoo you've ever seen?

I bring this up because I met this girl with a tattoo of Simba on her foot that said "Hakuna Matada" underneath it. Matada. Great job.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I loathe people that get tattoos of singers anywhere on their bodies because they look terribly tacky, especially since the majority of them have to be large as to accurately depict the details of the singer in question. Please don't put someone's face on your body because as much as you like them now, what about when you're eighty years old and getting a sponge bath from your nursing home caretaker and they see what used to be Bob Marley scrunched up on your back? I can tell that would not be very attractive.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
lol @ first post xD

I wouldn't say *what* the tattoo is, because it's against forum rules (and I refuse to go explicit on it lmao) but I met a guy in Spanish class with an X-rated tattoo. Let's just keep it at that.

outfox

in
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
@Leaf: Now you've got me all curious! Care to pm me what it was? I am unoffendable.

@Antemortem: Celebrity tats bother me, too. They're in the same category of tackiness as blow-painted t-shirts.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I saw one with the face of Marilyn Monroe and instead of writing the correct name, they wrote Marolyn Minroe.

/facepalm
/laugh

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
I wouldn't say *what* the tattoo is, because it's against forum rules (and I refuse to go explicit on it lmao) but I met a guy in Spanish class with an X-rated tattoo.

that was me sorry

I'm on the fence about getting a tattoo. On one hand, I think it would be a great thing to have. On the other hand, I have no idea what to get. My sister's name? A personal song lyric? Gwen Stefani's face on my ass? I definitely don't want to get the tattoo unless I'm 100% sure I'm not going to regret it later on in life.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Get your sister's name, in case you forget.

ARE YOU!!!! PATRONISING ME!!!!!
I think it'd be good though! She's my favorite one in the family and I'm sure that later on in life she'd appreciate it.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I've seen some pretty odd tattoos, including one that appeared to be a swastika (though I only glimpsed it). Plus the usual weird ones.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
........................................I misread the point of this thread, lol. The worst tattoo I've seen? Probably a charming one of Jesus on the cross. Why is it bad, you ask? Because Jesus was spelled 'Jeesus' in this case.

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
Someone I know got lips tattooed on his butt cheek, so now it looks like someone kissed his ass and it never went away. I know because he showed it to me. ;P That's really not that bad I guess, but people don't usually show me their tattoos so I don't know what's weird and what's not.

Honest

Hi!
Years
I know this sounds hard, but personally, any tattoo without personal meaning is just a tacky tattoo to me.

Have to agree with Kura on this one, without a personal story, it's just a picture etched on your body. Although I will admit, I'm a sucker to spiderwebs. As for specifics, I actually can't think of one that I've seen that's tacky honestly. I remember some dude on the train that had a terrible tattoo, but I don't remember what it was.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I hate tattoos in general because I think they look cheap and tacky, but I think the worst one I've ever seen was someone who had "such is life" tattooed down his arm.

It was spelled correctly and everything, but you could tell he was trying to be deep, and I find being deep incompatible with tattoos. Also it's very wankerish.

Other tattoos I hate are when people tattoo the names of their children on them. Then when you ask them why their answer is "because I love them!"

Nobody doubts that you love your child... why does that mean you need a tattoo? Idiots.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
When I was in high school the seniors (when I was a junior) got tattoos while drunk on Senior Trip. They wanted "Class of '09". They got "Class of 09'". As in, Class of 9 Feet.

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
I have 4 tattoos.

I have a coloured swallow on my abdomen, as when I was young, my ceiling had a painting of birds on it, I always liked the swallow, which was the main focus. Since then I've always liked birds like swallows.
Spoiler:

I have a D20 on my right shoulder, it's about 2cm wide.
Spoiler:

I have an elder sign on my left shoulder, again about 2cm wide.
Spoiler:

The other, I shan't explain here.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
Well on the news I saw this chick COVERED like every inch of her body in tattoos, she believed she was a vampire? Really weird stuff xD

Gideon Jeremiah

The giving Pokèmon breeder
Years
The only person I've seen with a tattoo, is my older adoptive brother.

For myself; I want to get a highly detailed tree going from the lower section of my back (as low as the Lumbar Spine), & have it extend to the upper section (Cervical Spine).
Than have two branches going over the upper sections of my arms, but not far enough that short-sleeved shirts would not cover them.

Years
The worst tattoo I've ever seen: a woman who had the name Drake tattooed on her forehead. I also think that the whole flying peener tattoos are really stupid.

I want to get a full back tattoo. And at least half a sleeve. For the back piece it would be a dragon, and the half sleeve would be a pheonix

Back