• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The Vs. Recorder

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
180px-Vs._Recorder_Pt.png

The Vs. Recorder

The Vs. Recorder was introduced in Pokemon Platinum and given to you by a man from the International Police under the code name of Looker when you first entered Jubilife City with Dawn/Lucas. In Heartgold and Soulsilver, you can obtain it from either Ethan/Lyra before you enter Violet City.

The Vs. Recorder is used to record battles, whether they may be with your friends or even you battling the Battle Tycoons or any trainer roaming around in the Battle Frontier. Once you record a battle, you can then upload it to the Global Terminal Station for other trainers to see and save onto their own recorders. So a few questions for you now:

How often did you record battles on your VS. Recorder, were they mainly Battle Frontier Battles/ Wi-fi Battles?

Did you ever upload any of them to the GTS?

What did you think about the item's concept?

Feel free to throw in any other pieces of info that you'd like to share. And without further ado, discuss!

Years
I literally have never used the device. Most things I use once just to see what it's like, but I guess I just forgot I even had the thing as soon as I got it.

I've been running through SS over the past few weeks and I can't even remember getting it from Lyra.

I imagine it's a very good idea for those who participate in wi-fi battles though, to be able to relive their better matches and share them on the GTS must be good.

Back