• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Ultimate Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Ultimate Normal Monotype: White Version
2/8

N was a little easier than I anticipated. After trying to beat Lenora a couple times, however, I decided it was time to do some grinding. By the time I was done, my Patrat had evolved into Watchog, and I knew I was ready. Lenora was still not super easy, but was much less of a threat this time, and I came away with my second badge.

Team:
Spoiler:

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
Now that the wifi is being a wee bit more cooperative...

Ice Monotype - Platinum

I've gotten as far as the Windworks but unfortunately I'm regretting trading in a Smoochum. Not that I had a choice, since none of my gen 4 games had a Jynx. The little weener likes to commit suicide since I don't have enough badges to keep her under control so she's forcing me to level her until she reaches the point where Galactic admin does very little damage. Well, that's life. Anyhow, one badge down.

BaroNight

Chaos Incarnate
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 18, 2014
If you finish before the end of this month then you will be counted as a champion without 6th gen.

I'll try then. Haha. That is if I don't get f***ed up by RL problems.

Where should I end my challenge in White? Should I challenge Cynthia?

In any case, here's the summary of the Elite Four Challenge:

Shauntal:
Spoiler:

Grimsley:
Spoiler:

Caitlin:
Spoiler:

Marshal:
Spoiler:

Alder:
Spoiler:

My Team:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Well, just finished up my Ultimate Ground Monotype with X to seal things up.

Here are the summaries of important battles:
Spoiler:

And here was my final team:
Spoiler:

Other Pokémon I had in storage:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 4, 2014
Username: Cpt.Mag
Type: Poison
Challenge: Ultimate
Game(s): Yellow, Crystal, Moemon Omega(an emerald hack that doesn't violate the rules), Flawless Platinum (hard mode), Volt White 2 (hard mode), X

Will be playing through the games in that order. Flawless plat and volt white 2 should be pretty fun.

Pekin

Wigglytuff is and has always been on acid.
Years
Type: Grass
Game: White
Badges: 8

So, it's been a while since my last update on this game, and I won't go into detail as to what has happened since earning my third badge. I have a full team now, and a few minutes ago, I just beat N and Ghetsis. Not surprisingly, N was a complete and utter ***** to beat. More specifically, his Reshiram almost tore my entire team apart, before I had to use the few Max Revive I had and let him run out of PP for Fusion Flare. I just barely made it out of that match alive, thanks to Blades - my Leavanny. Then along came Ghetsis, and I actually lost to him the first time, and the second I decided to try something new. Set up on his Cofagrigus with Lily the Lilligant, (I don't think I'm gonna be doing nicknames again anytime soon) then proceed to sweep with Petal Dance in lack of better coverage. And it worked! I almost OHKO'd Hydreigon with Petal Dance and even completely obliterated Bisharp! Anyway, this is my team now, as I prepare myself to beat Alder:

Spoiler:

D3M0NIX

|Dead things go bump in the night|
Years
Update
Spoiler:

I know i didn't do much here. But i have other things going on as well.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
4th Update, Rock Challenge on Platinum:
-cleared Lost Tower
-Fought my way to Veilstone City, using mostly Cranidos
-Grinded Cranidos to level 33 so it could learn Zen Headbutt
-Cranidos evolved into Rampardos
-Screwed around in Veilstone for a bit, then went to the Gym
-Fortunately, my plan for the Gym worked. Most of the Pokemon were even slower than Lord Headsmashington (which is what I'd totally name Rampardos if it wasn't such a long name), and they quickly succumbed to the power of Zen Headbutt. For Maylene's Lucario, I had Onix slow it down with Rock Tomb, which then allowed Lord Headsmashington to take it down with a couple more Zen Headbutts (and Lord Headsmashington could even take a Force Palm and live). It's nice that that Badge wsn't hard either, since it was one of the ones that had me worried. But the next gym, the Water Gym...that's probably gonna be a different story.
-Did Lucas a favor and beat up a couple of Galactic Grunts for him
-Got the HM for Fly
-caught a Rhyhorn
-made my way to the little resort area or whatever it is near Lake Valor, then stopped

Current Badges:

Current Team:
075.png
095.png
476.png
409.png
111-f.png

Saving the last slot for whatever HM slave I'll need at various times since, ya know, Rock types aren't exactly great at climbing waterfalls or flying through the sky. But for some strange reason, Rhydon and Rampardos are capable of using Surf. Which is good for me, but that's so weird...

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
I beat Clement the other day in Y for my Ice run, that brings my badge count to 5. Sorry for the lack of updates and detail. I barely have time to play but when I finish the challenge I'll give a much more thorough update :)

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 3, 2022
Ultimate Water Challenge, Emerald part 1
(My copy of FireRed has sadly been damaged so I'm going to borrow a friend's copy of LeafGreen)

Spoiler:

Edit: I'm guessing I'm allowed to change my choice of games if I haven't started them yet? I'd like to use Black so I don't have to erase my Black2 save, and I'm going to have to switch to LeafGreen.

Last edited:

MachoPony

Resident Brony
Years
Ultimate Bug Monotype Challenge: Black 2 Update
Spoiler:

Current Team
Spoiler:

Last edited:

BaroNight

Chaos Incarnate
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 18, 2014
Started with the second part of Unova. I used Black 2, since I have a saved game in my White 2 and I don't want to cut it. Also, I will do it in challenge mode.

Just a short update:
Spoiler:

Badges:
Spoiler:

My Team (I will only list those who are proper members of the team. In short, I will not include HM slaves):
Spoiler:

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

So, technically I'm already finished with the challenge. Haha. Maybe I'll continue this sometime, since I'm not required to proceed to the sequels..

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 17, 2018
okay I have defeated the Elite Four and the Champion in Blue. I will begin Crystal soon.

Final Team:
Spoiler:

Pekin

Wigglytuff is and has always been on acid.
Years
Type: Ground
Game: LeafGreen
Badges: 6

Not much of an update here, as I'm sort of rushing through this challenge, but I did catch a Cubone and then spent way too much time (alright, "rushing" might be a stretch, but still) spamming Nidoqueen's Thief to get a Thick Club. Anyway, I just beat Koga, - because I completely forgot about him and went and beat Sabrina first - and here's my current team:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Aug 17, 2018
1st Update for Crystal:
-chose Cyndaquil
-defeated rival in Cherrygrove City
-Cyndaquil evolved into Quilava
-defeated Falkner
-caught Growlithe
-defeated Bugsy
-defeated rival in Azalea Town
-hatched a Shiny Magby from the Odd Egg
-defeated Whitney

Team:
Spoiler:

MachoPony

Resident Brony
Years
Black 2 Bugmono COMPLETE!
Spoiler:

FINAL TEAM
Spoiler:

MVP: tough one Escavilier was fantastic against drayden and iris but Heracross swept up the E4 almost single handedly, i'll have to go with Heracross
LVP: again tough i'm going to go with crustle while he was useful enough against some fire types he never did much else other than occasionally kill 1-2 things with shell smash and he couldnt take a special hit to save his life. Accelgor was a close second though but it learned good moves later and once it did ti was a strong special hitter something i very much needed

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Ultimate Normal Monotype Challenge: White Version
3/8

So, I am now exactly where I was when I lost my Nuzlocke. I caught an Audino and got to work battling in Castelia city until I took on Burgh, who was really easy with my Tranquill. Moving forward.

Team:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 3, 2022
Ultimate Water Challenge, Emerald part 2
Spoiler:

Since it's not letting me post photos until I have 15 posts, I'll put Victory Road and the League as a separate part shortly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back