• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hunter x Hunter

Evyl

t r a g i c
Years
Any Hunter x Hunter fans out there? I'm such a fan. I've never seen an episode of the OVA, because frankly I think it sucks.

But anyway! Favourite characters? Fights? What's your Nen type? (Link) I did a test and got Conjurer.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Watch the original, it was okay until after the hunters exam. The new one the hunters exam sucked and the rest is good. I hate the series because Gon, he screwed it for me. A child with no fighting abilites who grew up fishing in the woods and has daddy issues can become that strong. I don't care if you say it's passion that drives him or that his father is just as good it's unbelievable and don't use killua as a backup because he was trained his whole life to be one of the greatest assassins his whole family dedicates their life to that stuff right from birth... but Gon ruined it for me if he wasn't a main character than it would be okay.

Evyl

t r a g i c
Years
I admit, Gon is pretty annoying. The Chimera Ant arc doesn't focus solely on Gon, but he's still there, being annoying. The story takes a darker turn, and the other characters just get so much depth.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Yeah I will say whoever the mangaka is definitely knows what he's doing. He gives depth to all the characters which sometimes doesn't happen. I really like how they give screen time to everyone not let one person or a small group (Looking at you dragonball Z android arc and beyond) hog the screentime

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Watched the Hunter Exam arc of the original series but haven't really got into it though.

Liked Yu Yu Hakusho a lot so I have some hope for it.

Evyl

t r a g i c
Years
Yeah I will say whoever the mangaka is definitely knows what he's doing. He gives depth to all the characters which sometimes doesn't happen. I really like how they give screen time to everyone not let one person or a small group (Looking at you dragonball Z android arc and beyond) hog the screentime

Yeah, that's what I love about it. It made the Manga bearable, at least.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
I guess though when an anime/manga has too much of a wider cast they have to force people out of the limelight and stuff.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
The (new) anime is doing so well at the moment. All the characters have equal roles (pretty much) and it's not just the Gon and Killua story.

One problem though is it suffers from being impossibly slow. There are so many potentially good battles going on, but only a few minutes of each episode is battle - the rest is awkward voice-over story-telling and slow motion running. :(

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
I've only completed the old anime and the OVAs. Frankly, I don't see why they get the flack that they do. They're great. New anime's good, too, obviously, but that doesn't mean old one sucked. >_>'

I've only seen upto 80 of the new one. Didn't get the time to go ahead and watch more. Either way, a fan. Good show. Also, I like Gon as well. Don't get the hate.

Evyl

t r a g i c
Years
One problem though is it suffers from being impossibly slow. There are so many potentially good battles going on, but only a few minutes of each episode is battle - the rest is awkward voice-over story-telling and slow motion running. :(

The Manga is like this too. While it works with the Manga, it doesn't really work with the anime. Though at least during the epic fights there's not as much narration. And I'm glad they did slow motion with Netero. xD

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Latest, subbed episode:

Spoiler:

Is the manga really that slow too? Nothing happening for whole chapters?

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Latest, subbed episode:

Spoiler:

Is the manga really that slow too? Nothing happening for whole chapters?

Basically, it's even more slow if your reading skill is minimal :P

Back