• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Aqua/Magma Fanclub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
RSE_AquaGruntF.png
evilteamT002.png
RSE_MagmaGruntF.png

Welcome to the combined fanclub for the "Evil Teams" of Hoenn. Due to the not-incredibly-successful nature of each team's last campaign, I have decided that melding the clubs into one could be beneficial to the entire thing's success. This convergence will hopefully encourage debate and activity. However, there is an increased risk of arguments, rather than debate, arising from such a group. This means that there will be zero-tolerance of trolling, flaming, bashing, or anything that staff deems approaching such. That is not to say people are not allowed to make a point. It is in fact quite easy to make your point in a way that is not hurting anyone. Choose your words carefully, and everyone will have a good time. This should be the only warning that is necessary. I have faith that the members of PokéCommunity can handle themselves appropriately.

Right! Now onto the good stuff. When go to make your very first post in this club, I'm going to want to know a few things. First of all, What team are you joining, Aqua or Magma? Once you join a team, you should be loyal to them. You should argue on their side of any debate and reflect their views in anything you say. You can change teams at any time, sure, but it is recommended that you stick with one.
Once you have chosen a team, you may apply for administrative position within that team. You will perhaps state the reason you desire such a position and why you would be a good choice. The current boss (or if not applicable, I) will review your application and may give you the position. There are three standard administrative positions in a team, two Admins and a Boss. The Boss may add more as he or she desires.
Now that you've chosen a team, you will want to obtain a partner Pokémon. Your Pokémon will be given to you in its lowest stage of evolution. You may evolve this Pokémon through various means: be promoted, win some kind of event, do something cool, or win your boss's favor. Or you may choose not to evolve it. Whatever the case, you will want to have a Pokémon.
Here are the Pokémon you may choose from:

Aqua Partner Pokémon
Carvanha
Corphish
Poochyena
Zubat
Magma Partner Pokémon
Numel
Poochyena
Slugma
Zubat

Quick Sign-Up Form For Those Who Don't Care About Me Being Creative And Articulate:

Username:
Team:
Partner Pokémon:
Anything Else:

It is encouraged- nay, insisted upon- that you also submit actual content with your introductory post. Discussing the topic currently at hand in the thread is a good way to do this.

Now that you have completed your training, I will finalize your membership into this club by adding you and your partner Pokémon to the exciting list of members!
...Okay, it's not really that exciting. But look! You've made it here! Keep active and follow the rules, that's all we ask of you now.

Team Aqua

Boss
TheSmartOne

Admins

Grunts
Water Master Roxy
MarshMallowDJ
TurkishDelight
Suicune™
Yo Face Here
atif
devilace372
myrrhman
Team Magma

Boss
Artemus D'Moniz

Admins
Otherworld9)
okjoek

Grunts
Musketeer
ChiKouu
Rednael

Last edited:

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
I'd enjoy to join....since Team Magma has many things I actually like about them unlike other groups-no offense intended-and would like to join.

Username: Otherworld9)
Team: Team Magma!
Partner: Poochyena....I really have no choice here anyway, four pokemon and I like one.
Do I have anything else? Let me think......Well, I love Team Magma's outfit very well, since I'm one of those people that don't like showing off much, and I like the dark themes they have. I hope to stay loyal to Team Magma, as my color is black and blue, but not white nor red....but black is my favorite, so I have to admit Magma wins my favor too much.

Now that I'm here.....I'll stick with being a grunt for now...maybe after knowing the club a little more I can become BOSS!!!! HAHAHAHA! But yes, it will take me some time to make the sign up sheet to be boss or admins.

By the way(sorry for the long post), but the only pokemon available to choose from are hoenn based, and are these four, right? I was just thinking, since we can add more fire-based or Magma-based...but it makes sense since these are the only ones they use.

Artemus D'Moniz

Team Magma Leader
Years
I would love to join this group. I have been waiting for a revival of Team Aqua and Team Magma! :>

Username: Artemus D'Moniz

Team: My loyalty lies with Team Magma!

Partner pokémon: Poochyena

Anything else?: Yes, It has come to my attention that Team Magma currently has no Leader. If possible, I would like to be the first boss of Team Magma. I believe I would be a good choice for the position. In case it hasn't already been made obvious, I am a very enthusiastic supporter of Team Magma. I love everything about them... Their goals, their uniforms, EVERYTHING! I will be a very active, loyal and fair leader in this group and I have been dying to start up a Team Magma club since I have joined. I enjoy sharing great discussion topics and have many good intentions and plans for this club. It is my dream that I may be able to help lead such an amazing group. I don't know what else to say. I simply LOVE Team Magma. :>

Please take my application into consideration.

Thanks,

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Otherworld9) and Artemus D'Moniz, I hereby induct you into the ranks of Team Magma.

Otherworld9), if at all possible I would like to keep the selection of Pokémon rather small and also equal between teams. If Team Magma gains another choice of Pokémon, so shall Team Aqua. If you put forth a few suggestions, perhaps they will be taken into account and discussed between ranked members of each team.

Speaking of which, I choose to place Artemus D'Moniz in leadership position as Boss of Team Magma and therefore the Co-Owner of this particular club. Your responsibilities include activity in this club, suggesting and planning events, and being an exemplary member of this club and PokéCommunity as a whole.

*cough* Okay, I'm done with being all formal. Welcome to the club, guys! It is a shame the old ones were closed, but everything changes, as they say. May I inquire about which you prefer, Magma in the anime or Magma in the games?

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
Ummm.....I think, in my opinion, that since I barely watch the anime(I do know and have seen Team Magam in action in the anime however:]No stopping me there ), but since my first game was Emerald and I repeated that game over soo many times...I have to say in the games, or the Emerald if you want to be specific. But they are excellent in both the anime and games.

As for the pokemon, sorry about only Team Magma, I was pretty impatient with the sign up sheet and forgot to mention that Team Aqua needs an equal share. And I will, one day, think of possible pokemon! I promise! One day when I get the guts to do it though, since I need a good reason. Or if nobody really wants to, it's ok.

Now that I'm here......can I be Admin of Team Magma! I will be of total loyalty to the new Boss, and may I add I was part of the past Magam groups? (I couldn't revive them, since I couldn't double post.) I'm dying to be an Admin, which I know I can live up to and keep the title worthy and not make fool of myself or shame the Admin Title of Team Magma. I will follow orders under the boss and owner of both groups and will treat everybody equally.....erm..for this day on, my being will be towards Team Magma! Please think about it...I will a great Admin and will active twice a day for it. :]

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Whenever you find the time, then I will gladly consider what you have to offer in regards to additional Pokémon. :3

Your promotion is entirely up to your new boss at this point, so I leave that to Artemus D'Moniz.

As for myself, I don't entirely remember Aqua and Magma in the anime. However, the seemed relatively competent and fairly awesome, so I rate them about equal to their Emerald counterparts.

Artemus D'Moniz

Team Magma Leader
Years
Oooh, that's a hard one... I think I may prefer Magma in the games. Team Magma in the anime are pretty cool too, but I like them better in the games, especially pokemon Ruby and Emerald. Plus the voice actor for Maxie in the anime sounds kind of... sketchy if you know what I mean.

It made me a little sad to watch Team Magma get sort of defeated in the anime too. After Archie took the red orb and began wreaking havoc with Kyogre, Maxie and all of Team Magma had to watch helplessly. But I must say, while in the anime both Team Magma and Team Aqua provided more than their fair share of entertainment.

As for your request Otherworld9), I hereby invest you into the ranks of Team Magma as our first Admin! :> I trust that you will be a very loyal, trustworthy and helpful leader under my command. Of course this new position comes with responsiblities. Should you be called upon, I trust that you will assume my role as temporary Boss. Perhaps if I see favour in you and choose to step down you may become the official boss. It will also be your duty to help come up with and suggest new topics for discussions and of course, to be active in this group and the entire forum. If you have any more questions please message or PM me.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
Cool...I'm an Admin! :] I will be loyal no matter what....unless the thread goes dead(in which I will prevent at all costs of course). I only played Sapphire once(it was my aunt's game, so I borrowed it), and especially Emerald, and know that...i really don't remember well...I think that team aqua is involved in sapphire and team magma in ruby, or so I believe from playing only sapphire. I couldn't get my hands on ruby, and emerald is enough for me.

As for the Team's pokemon, I'm not ready to debate yet, but is it okay if I gather 4 pokemon from each region(besides Hoenn, we already have Hoenn), since 2 are for aqua and 2 for magma, which then equals 8 new pokemon for each Team? Or do you both prefer 2 from each region(1 for each team) so that it only equals 4 new pokemon for each Team so that we have less to choose from?

Artemus D'Moniz

Team Magma Leader
Years
Otherworld9):

I don't know about collecting pokemon from other regions but if it is acceptable, I would suggest only collecting 2 pokemon per region. We don't want to have too big a selection of pokémon. Also, I have a topic that I believe is worth discussing.

How can we as a club attract more members?

If we look around at other clubs like Team Plasma, we will notice that they have anywhere between 20-50 members and they started only five days before us. How can we find ways to attract more people into our group and increase popularity? Any input would be great! :>

Personally, I think that mabye if we held events such as giveaways and freindly competitions we would appear more attractive to the general public. But of course, in order to hold these events we require a good amount of members... what do you guys think?

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
Okay....2 per region....I need to get permission from somebody else*ahem*.

As for our club attracting more members, we do need a banner or two to promote.....but I guess we do need more members for that since I really do awful on those kind of things. I can probably also think of some people that might like Team Aqua/Team Magma and tell them about it, since not many go on the pc that much and may not know we're here.....but Team Plasma probably got popularity since their new and barely came out in B/W...or that's my opinion. To me...it's probably based on luck.

After 10 days of nobody joining my [insert random name here] club, the 11th exploded for some reason..and got 10 new members every day for 3 days straight. It then got down since I forgot to update it..thinking it was a fail but I guess it wasn't. :]

Artemus D'Moniz

Team Magma Leader
Years
Alright, for the time being I would suggest spreading the word to those who you think would be interested in joining our group. And if you can get anyone who is good at banners that would be great.

Also, it would be a good idea to get permission from the other leader as well and see what she thinks.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Did someone say... banner? *flourish*
Spoiler:

Lol I made that a while ago. xD;

*cough* Anyway. Concerning the selection of Pokémon, I would say that a maximum of four new Pokémon could be added to each team. Preferably these do not overlap like Poochyena and Zubat do- they should be unique to the team. They are allowed to be from any region.

I do believe that general conversation with likely recruits and things like signature advertising would help our campaign. However, I will likely not have computer access for the next week. A blog post on my behalf will be coming soon with explanations.

Artemus D'Moniz

Team Magma Leader
Years
Lol, cool banner. You must teach me how to do that one day. It would be a good idea to include this banner in our signatures to advertise our group. Any other good ideas are welcome.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
I like the new banner, and I'm not so good at banners, but I'll try my best in creating one. :) Here are possible pokemon from region 1: Magikarp or Poliwag or Krabby. I think either three fits, but you choose.

okjoek

Hoenn champ
Years
I got your invitation and would be happy to join.
Username: okjoek
Team:magma, admin would be nice and fitting for my quite obvious obsession with hoenn but I'l settle with whatever's given. Besides I don't want to steal tabitha and courtney's spots ;).
Partner Pokémon:zubat. I've already got crobat lvl 48 with: fly, u-turn, toxic, haze. I also have amagcargo with: Fire blast, stone edge, will-o-wisp and amnesia. Also a mightyena with: Crunch, dig, poison fang, rock smash. Sadly no camerupt yet. I should go get one and teach: Earthquake, flamethrower, sunny day and solar beam.
Anything Else: Introduction explaination below.

As an introduction to myself here I have a clearly laid out arguement.

I've always pondered the idea of creating a new continent for more people and plants and room for fresh water as opposed to the sea whos water is undrinkable. By raising a mountain you change the whole climate of a region. Water that would come off the ocean you rose this new continent from would condense against the windward side of said mountain creating freshwater rain which would pass down the same side of the mountain it condensed against making a river which people can drink from and farm crops.

Now moving more away from the technological benefits I move onto pokemon. Water pokemon are on of my favorite elements to use in a monotype team being able to counter the grass weakness with ice beams and electrical with ground sub types. But the Fire type has just about an equill ground with its valuable ally, the grass type. Grass types get bonuses in their abilities and moves such as solar beam and synthisis. Many pokemon including dragons can even learn the fire and grass type moves while not as many can learn water moves. Sure water has its own 95 base power 100 accuracy move as a reusable hm but many more pokemon can learn the fire and grass moves powered by the sun. For example I have a weezing with flamethrower. Weezing can resist ground damage that fire types would otherwise be damaged by and it can learn thunderbolt for those pesky water types, shadow ball to cover its own weaknesses, haze for buff removing and even explosion to go out with a bang.

I'm probably rambling on a bit too much so I'l leave my opening statement (essay) like that.

Last edited:

Artemus D'Moniz

Team Magma Leader
Years
Welcome okjoek, to Team Magma. I have taken up your request to become an Admin and have decided to grant you the position. Effective immediately, you are officially Team Magma's second Admin! As an Admin your duty is to be a very active and suportive member of Team Magma. You are expected to take on my duties should you be called upon and to be kind and social to others. If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me.

I am glad you received my invite. Please help us gain more members by sending invites to possible candidates and advertising our group. If you are good at banners here is your chance to prove it.
(BTW: Don't worry, there will be plenty of space reserved for Courtney and Tabitha ;)

okjoek

Hoenn champ
Years
I feel like making a sunny day team just for the occasion =) Too bad I live out in the middle of nowhere without wifi. My neigbors will have to do in terms of competitive battling. =)

Lets see... I think I'l use:

(setup with heatrock)arcanine- (intimidate) sunny day, overheat, thunder fang, toxic
Infernape- flare blitz, close combat, u-turn, stone edge
Weezing- explosion, haze, thunderbolt, flamethrower
Magmortar- thunderbolt,focus blast, fire blast, sunny day
Dusknoir- Shadow punch, fire punch, will-o-wisp, earthquake
cherrim- sunny day, solar beam, weather ball, leech seed

Whatcha think? Monotype teams arn't all that great at competitive battling but they're creative and fun to come up with. Just love making them.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
A new admin.....welcome!

I believe I can make a new topic and such...since I think we all answered it by now. As for your team, I like your team. I'm currently playing bw and hg, since I beat emerald soo many times I think I know every single line everybody uses. :] As for the new topic, correct me if there is already one or I can't, it's: If another organization (let's say, like Team Rocket), came into Hoenn and began their evil plots, what do you think would be of Team Aqua/Magma?

Artemus D'Moniz

Team Magma Leader
Years
Good question Admin. I think that Teams Magma and Aqua would probably work individually to take down the new rival team. It would become a team rival triangle, kind of like every man (team) for himself.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
Yes, I thought the same. In my opinion, I think that both Aqua and Magma would defend on individual terms and such. To put it simple, what you said boss. But maybe the new team wouldn't survive really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back