• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Regis

Which is your favourite?

• Regice

Votes: 15 48.4%
  • Regirock

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Registeel

Votes: 11 35.5%

• Total voters

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
In R/S/E, we had the chance to battle and catch some good friends of mine, Regice, Regirock and Registeel. What made them unique was how you had to solve puzzles in order to battle them. These were written in Braille and gave directions to do certain things in order to open doors. So which is your favourite Regi? Which was hardest to catch? Do you still remember how to do the puzzles?

Discuss

Spr_3r_378.png

So icy~

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Oh god I never remember how to do the puzzles. I can get to the thingyjig to unlock everyone no problem, but I always always have to go look up how to do it cause I only vaguely remember. I really liked the puzzles though. They were really unique and actually difficult. The first time I did it I legit looked up Braille and wrote all the translations down and figured out how to do it myself, but every other time I've been lazy and just found a walkthrough.

I don't really have a preference between the trio, or remember which tends to be difficult for me to catch. All I remember is being creeped out by Regice's voice in the Lucario movie haha.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I can do the puzzles by heart yes yes. The Regi trio is my favorite because they actually made you search for them instead of putting them right in front of your face. It was fun, unique, and it really made you feel like you were facing a true legendary. Their backstory is great too.

Regice is my favorite of the Regi trio, and one of my favorite legendaries. Even though it's weak to the other two, I just like its design better. And its cry is...interesting. lol

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I could the puzzles to open each Regi chamber with ease, not the actually first step to open the regi though. my favorite Regi out of the trio is Registeel because it is the first and only steel/rock type I know of. Regirock is boring and Regice is too weak.

the hardest to catch was Regirock as it took 58 pokeballs and 34 ultraball before it was caught.

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
Years
Well, I did enjoy the Regi puzzles, but I never bothered to memorize them, oops. My favorite is probably Registeel, that defense is over the roof! He became quite useful in attempting to catch the others as well. Seriously... that defense...

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

In R/S/E, we had the chance to battle and catch some good friends of mine, Regice, Regirock and Registeel. What made them unique was how you had to solve puzzles in order to battle them. These were written in Braille and gave directions to do certain things in order to open doors. So which is your favourite Regi? Which was hardest to catch? Do you still remember how to do the puzzles?

Discuss

Spr_3r_378.png

So icy~

:t378: My favorite Regi is Regice, because of its sleek design, hilarious footprint in the Pokedex, cryptic Braille text ("Stop and wait. Wait for time to pass twice.") its ability to generate frigid air of -328 degrees Fahrenheit, and taking the concept of "NeverMeltIce" to a whole new level by not melting even if immersed in freaking magma... Something about that entry always appealed to me. Oh, and we can't forget Regice's totally amazing game cry. :3

:t377: :t379: Regirock is appealing in that it takes rocks of different locations to repair itself, and Registeel's extraterrestial metallic "skin" piqued my interest as well (and Registeel's game cry kind of sounds like the sound effect of a transforming Transformer).

It usually takes me 1-3 tries to get to the Sealed Chamber... I have some markers on the way to there memorized, but usually I screw up and get led astray on the seas due to the fast currents near Pacifidlog Town. XD As for the 3 caves where the Regis are sealed, I have their locations memorized... Island Cave was probably the most surprising one for me because you really have to go out of your way to get to it on Route 105; it was a nice surprise when you traversed Route 105's water via a Surfing Pokemon rather than tagging along on Mr. Briney's old boat, finding that remote cave in the process.

Right now, I only have Emerald...I get the puzzles screwed up because I have the Ruby/Sapphire cave puzzle variants memorized to a fault...yet Emerald toys with me because it not only reverses the Relicanth-Wailord order, it alters each puzzle in a different way. So even if I have the RS puzzles memorized, if I don't have Internet handy, I have to go through the trouble of painstakingly translating the braille again, if I even have a Braille translator nearby. :cer_laugh:

I remember the first time that I was accessing the Regis in Sapphire, it was right before we went on winter break during one year in the past. I think one of my friends caught Regirock (or Registeel?) with a different Poke Ball than the one I wanted it to be caught in (a Timer Ball? can't remember the specific Balls for sure), so instead of saving after caughting Regirock/-steel, I turned off the game to do it over and catch the Regi in the ball I wanted. Unfortunately, I forgot how to do the cave puzzle (I'm thinking it was probably Registeel, because the "Fly in the middle" puzzle resonates greatly with this memory), so I had to wait for the entirety of winter break until we returned to school so my friend could teach me how to do the puzzle again. :cer_laugh:

Oh, and the battle theme music for the Regis was just boss; one of the most entrancing and memorable (and occasionally irritating, when you've thrown like 50 Ultra Balls and repeatedly see AncientPower jacking up a given Regi's stats like crazy XD) battle themes ever.

I could the puzzles to open each Regi chamber with ease, not the actually first step to open the regi though. my favorite Regi out of the trio is Registeel because it is the first and only [S-HIGHLIGHT]steel/rock type[/S-HIGHLIGHT] I know of. Regirock is boring and Regice is too weak.

:cer_confused: Um, Registeel is a pure Steel-type... As for Steel/Rock-type Pokemon, there's Aron, Lairon, Aggron, and Bastiodon at the moment...

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I always liked all three, but I have to say that Regice was probably my favourite. I always loved how I could use the Bolt Beam combo with it. I think I remember some of the puzzles still, and my favourite one would be Regice's where you just had to wait till it opened. Regirock was pretty had to catch with STAB Ancientpower always getting it boosts. Also because it took advantage of having Superpower.

Feebas

Unevolved
Years
I have to say Registeel is my favorite, because I am one to favor steel-types. Regice is pretty cool (LOL U SAID REGICE IS COOL AND ITS MADE OF ICE), being the ice-type which isn't exactly common. Regirock was neat too. With its extremely high defense, I had quote on quote "room to be wreckless". But Registeel prevailed through my critique because of its stat total, overall design, and its cry. Its cry is just too cool :3

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
This right here is the reason why I love the Hoenn region games in general, they really stepped up with the story and back stories. It's so unique the way they did it, as Sydian said it's like you were really facing a legendary. It required research (put it at that) to obtain them or for that matter even open up they're home. I myself don't exactly member but I remember how to open up they're little dungeons. As for my favorite it would be Regiice, I have no reason why.

JustChillin810

xX_ElectricPikachu_Xx
Years
Regice was pretty awesome and so was registeel but I found regirock to be of not much help. I can actually remember how to solve quite a bit of it. Just off the top of my head, I think you had to approach this underwater rock and go to the surface to enter this cavern. Then, you use the move dig to make it past the initial chamber. After that, you had to do something with wailord an another pokémon (It was this ancient fish pokémon that I can't remember the name of) to open the individual chambers. I can't remember but I would imagine regirock would be impossible to catch because of all these weaknesses you would have to be careful of.

SoulSilver10112

George the Poliwag
Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2013
I actually only caught the three regis a few months ago.I don't remember how to get them, as I lost the paper I wrote the instructions on. My favorite of the three would be Regice.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
To this day, no other legendaries have been more enjoyable to find and catch than the regi trio for me. As has been said, it was great that they were hidden behind some puzzles which you couldn't just directly solve. Heck, the first time I found the area in which you unlocked them in, I thought it was just empty, and didn't have a clue what to do untill I found the braille translation in the manual. The translating of all the braille eventually got kinda tedious, but so far, for me, they've been the greatest challenge to get, and that just made it more fun to catch them. It was a nice relief from just having to navigate through some area just to find the legendary at the end. I enjoyed it with Rayquaza, but that was because there was also some challenge to it. Unlike in a lot of the other games.

The hardest regi for me to catch is probably Regirock. It'd always been the one who took the most tries, and even though it was easy to get down on health, it was just never easy to catch. I guess it's all about luck sometimes, but still, it would just never stay down :p So I often ran out of Pokeballs or all my Pokemon fainted. Although, that's honestly also the one I like the best, so I guess challenge just appeals to me a lot of the time :D

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
I really like regice. The only problem in Sapphire was that you have to solve a time based event to get to it. It's problematic since the internal battery of my cardridge has run dry and so I can't solve it anymore...

Registeel seems quite cool to. I've never used him but he looks pretty cool.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
I kinda like Registeel, but my vote went to Regice, simply because of its behaviour in Movie 9 (but that's beside the point).

My vote went to Regice because of it's very smooth and icy design, as well as its footprint in the Pokédex. Not to mention it's a pure Ice type

Years
The Regi puzzles were one of my favourite additions in these games. it was good to have a little brain teaser to distract you for a while. but my favourite is Registeel! mainly because steel type are epic.

Anszkz.DkLt

The Semi-Newb
Years
I guess I'd go with registeel because of the sleek design, but regice was cool as well, I've got him ingrained on my mind when I first saw him battle Ash's Pikachu... I don't really care much about Regirock though... He just got boxed immediately...

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 28, 2013
My favorite Regi is Registeel because it is a great physical wall, is at advantage to Regice and Regirock and can also resist to the BoltBeam set.

xGal

Mhm
Years
Regirock and Regice on a tie...

Regirock - COOL sprite
Regice - COOL cry

I don't know what to choose :s

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2013
I pretty much used various sites to get me through the puzzles and to the Regis. I couldn't bother myself with even trying as a kid. My favorite of the trio has to be Registeel, as I am a fan of steel type Pokemon and his design seemed the most ominous and intimidating out of the three.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
First of all, i loved how you had to figure out a bunch of stuff before being able to battle and eventually catch the regis. Back then, i didn't really use the internet for finding this sort of stuff out, so i basically heard from a friend how to get to them, at least that was my case.
For me it's a close tie between Regice and Registeel, Regice finally being my favorite for his nice and icy design. It's simple, it's frosty, and i love it :D Plus I've always liked ice types

Back