• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

POKEMON ~NEBULA~

which nightmare ponyta looks better on page 6?

• The first one

Votes: 230 74.4%
  • The second one

Votes: 86 27.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
^^^ Isn't the above according to the new rules SPAM!!! ^^^

Why is this topic so popular, yeah i like the idea but I dont see much progress. If progress has been made why is the 1st post never updated, no one wants to look through 49 pages for updates, i've looked through 7 pages and couldnt find any new updates.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021

Why is this topic so popular, yeah i like the idea but I dont see much progress. If progress has been made why is the 1st post never updated, no one wants to look through 49 pages for updates, i've looked through 7 pages and couldnt find any new updates.
Um...Kinda my thoughts exactly but I think its some sprites and this "Hunt system" that has made it so popular I cant really figure out whats going on with the game myself....

DaVici

DeEmpo
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Oct 29, 2021

Yes there is progress: look 18 posts above yours and you will see the first of many "updates". The fakemon are far above fakemon standarts, and the fact of the never seen "pokemon hunt system" makes it even more popular.

Edit: beneath the first post it says :"edited last week"

Anyways: I really like the new update! One thing though: will the persons have different shadings aswel when they are on different groundlevels? Otherwise it would look a bit strange :/

mfg Empo

Last edited:

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
Yes there is progress: look 18 posts above yours and you will see the first of many "updates".
Why should I have to do that?

The fakemon are far above fakemon standarts, and the fact of the never seen "pokemon hunt system" makes it even more popular.
Well this is your opinion The hunt is nothing new its just called something different.
Edit: beneath the first post it says :"edited last week"
I'm pretty sure its the same stuff thats been there but i'm not saying there isnt progress just saying i dont see it.

darthvagabond100

Pokemon ~NEBULA~ Creator
Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2010
Hey guys I completely understand where your coming from. First off I wanna say that I love the progress of malachite, and cant wait to play bro.. anyway yea i noticed i did focus a lot on sprites because I wanted a visually appealing game. My original progress was at the 6th gym before the worst happened... MY COMPUTER CRASHED!!! I lost all my data....That was about a month ago...after that I have been severely procrastinating to start eventing again...But I have to so that has been my main focus...

So yea thats what im up to

HERES TWO NEW FAKEMON

mombo.png
COSBO WATER/COSMIC

alienflying.png
RAYZSHAR ALIEN/FLYING

Id like to take a moment to say thx to everybody who have been supporting me...or even just looked at my game:) It drives me to finish. Also NEO-DRAGON for approving my thread, OI for his support, and POKEMON COMMUNTIY just because..

Last edited:

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
Years
I think everyone should give Darthvagabond a rest. If you see his screenshots, he is obviously progressing with production of this game. If he chooses to delay a release, so be it. If he's taking too long for your liking, well make your own game then instead of talking him down. It is his game, his computer crashed, he reserves the rights to postpone the release for as long as he pleases. Asking when it will be released and complaining about him not releasing it when you want, will not make it progress any faster. A game you make is personal to you. Its for you first and any other gamer second.

In my opinion this is the the best looking RMXP game on pokecommunity at the moment. I think that visually and aesthetically this hack is on par, if not better than any other game or hack on the community. Although, Adament City could probably look a lot more diverse and interesting, unless of course this is deliberate (like the blandness of Southport City in my hack). The idea of the pokehunt is an excellent one but I think if you have any other gameplay features you may want to expand on them more. Your storyline is solid but maybe you could say a bit more about infinity although I know you wish to keep a lot of the plot hush hush. The fakemon are terrific, the best I've seen (in your face Torzach!) As for the gyms, I think steel may be difficult to begin with as your starter will still mainly have physical attacks and steel is the ultimate defense but perhaps you have something planned? Or maybe you just want to make it more challenging! My final suggestion is that perhaps you could expand on your new types. Tell us their stregths/weaknesses and primary characteristics (speed, special, hp, abilities etc.).

Without sounding to much like a kiss-ass, I really think this is a suberb game and I wish you lots of luck and hope that people don't rush you and complain about releases like they did before.

snap12

Billie Jean is not my lover
Years
I think everyone should give Darthvagabond a rest. If you see his screenshots, he is obviously progressing with production of this game. If he chooses to delay a release, so be it. If he's taking too long for your liking, well make your own game then instead of talking him down. It is his game, his computer crashed, he reserves the rights to postpone the release for as long as he pleases. Asking when it will be released and complaining about him not releasing it when you want, will not make it progress any faster. A game you make is personal to you. Its for you first and any other gamer second.

In my opinion this is the the best looking RMXP game on pokecommunity at the moment. I think that visually and aesthetically this hack is on par, if not better than any other game or hack on the community. Although, Adament City could probably look a lot more diverse and interesting, unless of course this is deliberate (like the blandness of Southport City in my hack). The idea of the pokehunt is an excellent one but I think if you have any other gameplay features you may want to expand on them more. Your storyline is solid but maybe you could say a bit more about infinity although I know you wish to keep a lot of the plot hush hush. The fakemon are terrific, the best I've seen (in your face Torzach!) As for the gyms, I think steel may be difficult to begin with as your starter will still mainly have physical attacks and steel is the ultimate defense but perhaps you have something planned? Or maybe you just want to make it more challenging! My final suggestion is that perhaps you could expand on your new types. Tell us their stregths/weaknesses and primary characteristics (speed, special, hp, abilities etc.).

Without sounding to much like a kiss-ass, I really think this is a suberb game and I wish you lots of luck and hope that people don't rush you and complain about releases like they did before.

Agreed. Thats all that needs to be said at the moment. Except I like Torzach's sprite too.... haha

Darth, when you said you lost all your data, does that mean the sprites and maps as well? Or just the game file that had been putting them together?

558122_DG

Learning how to make mistakes
Years
  • Seen May 27, 2021
this is looking great. ALOT of spriting has gone into this and alot of effot that much is evident. They all look proffesional and "nintendo authentic" Creative peices of art indeed. Also it would be better of you provided USEFULL constructive critisim not saying:

I don't see progress. No sqrew you progress is evident.

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
Years
Agreed. Thats all that needs to be said at the moment. Except I like Torzach's sprite too.... haha

Darth, when you said you lost all your data, does that mean the sprites and maps as well? Or just the game file that had been putting them together?

Yeah I like Torzach as well. Its just they gone on about them being the superior spriters and that their fakemon are more realistic that any other other. I genuinely think their work is great though.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
I think you guys are missing the main point in what anybody is trying to say here. Darth even understands, maybe if he turns it into a sprite then you guys will understand. But if he understands is all that matters, we are trying to help him.

darthvagabond100

Pokemon ~NEBULA~ Creator
Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2010
Thx Cynic, and snap, and DG...But yea nobodys gettin offensive lol.. Its part of making a game. So yea what i lost in the com crash was everything but the sprite on poke community.. including my maps/ events, etc

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Tip of the day: Back up ALL your game at least once a week.

Well man, I was already saved by a backup, the are really useful in times like this... Well, good luck on rebuilding everthing you have done so far =/.

Years
  • Seen Nov 3, 2015
Maybe a pre evo of tropius that looks like a banana :)
also, i could recolour some pokes if you need

zane203

Zetsumei barer
Years
well i see it like this, if you did it once, you can do it again. And this time, it wont be as hard, just ABOUT the same length in working xD.

Wish the best of luck mate.

Years
holy crap!!! this looks pretty good. i really like the sprites, they are very good. (baby hitmonchan? boxing caterpie? haha). maybe you can add some more? are the first six pokemon (the green, orange, and blue) the starters? but of course, every game has its faults. i really dislike the backgrounds, they just look unfitting for a pokemon game...the forest one is alright, but the vortex and all the others should probably be taken out or changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back