• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG + OCG Fan Club

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Username: XanderO
Favourite Yu-Gi-Oh! Deck: Twilight Dragon (Lightsworn engine)
Favourite card: Hyozanryu
Do you have a Youtube Yu-Gi-Oh! channel? Nope

My deck was barely touched by the last two ban lists. I already didn't run the formal strategy for Chaos Dragons and now I fully switched to Twilight engine because its OMG fast.

Working on like three other decks atm.

Years
Welcome everyone!

So, Bubble Beat (HEROs) won YCS – Costa Rica yesterday... didn't see that coming. The top was Bubble Beat vs Hieratic!

It is so nice to see some different decks in the top. Top four was:

Bubble Beat
Hieratic
Fire Fist
Mermail

Any way, what decks is everyone playing/working on currently?​

tigerBLADE

1000://PowHammers
Years
Just last week, I've taken a break from competitive, and used an Elemental Hero deck for fun. It's really nice to play casually every now and then.

I really want to work on an Elemental Dragon deck though; I think my local card shop has the cards on their single card display so I can buy them more easily, but... I'll see.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
R\Right now I'm tuning up my Mill deck & my Vehicroid deck. The banlist that banned Future Fusion really touched my Vehicroid deck a lot and I've been losing most of the time with it now. So just last night, I had the urge to tune it up to date.

Whitney's Shaymin

Creator Of Pokemon Grace
Years
Username: Pokemoner2500
Favourite Yu-Gi-Oh! Deck: Random (It's fun :P)
Favourite card: Galaxy Eyes Photon Dragon
Do you have a Youtube Yu-Gi-Oh! channel? No...
Other decks: Blackwing

Since I'm just a kid I don't have money... That's why I only got 2 decks.

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
I'm currently running my outdated Exodia deck and sometimes Chaos Dragons, but the current banlists make them ultra illegal haha.

Also could someone change my name to blue in the roster?

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years
I'll join :D Even though I stopped acquiring more cards after 5D's began... and pretty much made the game hell on earth for me whenever I played my Kuribohs and Watapons :(

Username: EliteBeats
Favourite Yu-Gi-Oh! Deck: Yugi Muto
Favourite card: Gorgon's Eye, Straight Flush, Relinquished, Infernal Incinerator and... Kuriboh :3
Do you have a Youtube Yu-Gi-Oh! channel? NOPE :D

As for the deck I'm currently working at... It's mainly warriors because I have a few support for them, as well as Spellcasters, Dragons, and some flip/pseudo-flip effect monsters. So, call it whatever you want to xD

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
Any way, what decks is everyone playing/working on currently?
I've been thinking of making Gusto because the searcher loop they get looks very fun and I enjoy their art, but lately I've just been too lazy for big deck-making. I made Gravekeeper's and Toon a while ago but the latter took all of 5 minutes (and is of course terrible) and Gravekeeper's didn't take too long either. Massive archetypes take forever to go through, I'm still not sure how I managed to complete the Mermail and Blackwing decks I have.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023

Any way, what decks is everyone playing/working on currently?​

Playing wise. I run Twilight Dragon as my main deck and I have a Six Samurai deck on the side.

Currently working on Mermail and Hazy Flame/Fire King decks until Elemental Dragons come out.

DaydreamsAway

<---- MAH WAIFU :3
Years
Username: DaydreamsAway
Favourite Yu-Gi-Oh! Deck: Kaiba's Obelist Deck
Favourite card: Cyber Stein , Stardust Dragon
Do you have a Youtube Yu-Gi-Oh! channel? Planning..
If so, what is it? Still Planning..

Though My deck that i use right now is my Counter Fairy Deck which i use very awesomely..

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Currently I'm running a Madolche deck, Plant Beatdown, and a Gravekeeper's deck, and am currently working on a Super-Defense Robo deck! c:
They're turning out to be a fun little play style.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Lately, I've been focusing on my MachinaRoid deck. I still need some staples from it but it's going good. Knowing I got myself a Tin Goldfish from Hidden Arsenal 7 :)

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
Currently I'm running a Madolche deck, Plant Beatdown, and a Gravekeeper's deck, and am currently working on a Super-Defense Robo deck! c:
They're turning out to be a fun little play style.

Oh Madolche are just endless fun, I adore them. My build isn't at all competitive (they just swarm and hope to god they can get Puddingcess/Tiaramisu + their awful traps) but I love how hard they are to get rid of with Chateau and Ticket. Frustration decks are fabulous.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Oh Madolche are just endless fun, I adore them. My build isn't at all competitive (they just swarm and hope to god they can get Puddingcess/Tiaramisu + their awful traps) but I love how hard they are to get rid of with Chateau and Ticket. Frustration decks are fabulous.

Their awful traps are amazing! Madolche Nights is probably my favorite Trap Card ever tbh. ;A;
Frustration decks ARE fun. Whenever I work up enough nerve to randomly challenge someone (because I'm a baby when it comes to dueling people idk), they sometimes rage quit the moment they see "Madolche" xD

Also! Finally have that Super-Geargia Fat Dragon deck! :'D That's my name for it.

Spoiler:

I haven't actually been able to test it out, because, like I said, I'm too much of a baby to chellenge someone on DN, BUT, the basic point is to get out Trashy-Eyes Fat Dragon as quickly as possible, using tons of leveling and Machine support. The OTK idea is to Have one or two Gearspring Spirits on the field, Heavy Storm and Limiter Removal in hand, and Fat Dragon still waiting in the Extra Deck.
With Gearspring's effect, I zero out an opponen'ts Attack, Heavy Storm the field, use it and another level 8 monster to summon Fat Dragon, detach one material from Dragon to raise his Attack to 4000, Limiter Removal, attack, win the duel. Geargias are there for additional Machine support.

Monsters: 24

Geargiaccelerator x2
Geargiano x2
Geargiarmor x2
Gearspring Spirit x2
Machina Cannon x3
Machina Fortress
Super-Defense Robo Elephun x3
Super-Defense Robo Lio x3
Super-Defense Robo Monky x3
Tin Goldfish x3

Spells: 9

Galaxy Queen's Light x2
Gravity Blaster x2
Heavy Storm
Limiter Removal
Machine Assembly Line
Xyz Reception x2

Traps: 7

Bottomless Trap Hole x2
Dark Bribe x2
Mirror Force x2
Solemn Judgement

Extra Deck: 15

Daigusto Emeral
Gagaga Cowboy
Gear Gigant X x3
Maestroke the Symphony Djinn
Number 104: Masquerade Magician Shining
Number 107: Galaxy-Eyes Tachyon Dragon
Number 16: Shock Master
Number 39: Utopia
Number 40: Gimmick Puppet of Strings
Number 88: Gimmick Puppet of Leo
Trashy-Eyes Fat Dragon x3

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
Their awful traps are amazing! Madolche Nights is probably my favorite Trap Card ever tbh. ;A;
Frustration decks ARE fun. Whenever I work up enough nerve to randomly challenge someone (because I'm a baby when it comes to dueling people idk), they sometimes rage quit the moment they see "Madolche" xD

Oh God I'm the same when it comes to random challenges. I can't win with them: if I lose I'm sad and if I win I feel guilty (and I'm nervous throughout the entire duel!). I wasn't cut out for dueling random strangers, I'm infinitely more comfortable with friends haha. That's kinda sad, but at least I actually HAVE friends to duel now (it sucked when I didn't).

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Oh God I'm the same when it comes to random challenges. I can't win with them: if I lose I'm sad and if I win I feel guilty (and I'm nervous throughout the entire duel!). I wasn't cut out for dueling random strangers, I'm infinitely more comfortable with friends haha. That's kinda sad, but at least I actually HAVE friends to duel now (it sucked when I didn't).

Right? ;A;
I always mess up when I'm dueling a random person because I'm too nervous and i act on impulse because I think if I take too long they'll get impatient or angry or call me something mean. ;n; And then some say I suck when I lose and I do suck, but even more so when I'm nervous. ;n;

Also, am I the only one who loves Yuma's type of decks, ya know, where you can swarm the field with a buncha low level random stuff and Xyz summon like six monsters immediately? Cuz I always wanna build that type of deck.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Right? ;A;
I always mess up when I'm dueling a random person because I'm too nervous and i act on impulse because I think if I take too long they'll get impatient or angry or call me something mean. ;n; And then some say I suck when I lose and I do suck, but even more so when I'm nervous. ;n;

I personally kind of like duelling random strangers! It's exciting wondering what decks you're going to come up against and it's a lot of fun seeing how your favourite decks work against them. I don't take it as competitively as most people (srs some of the people that join and are just like "eff" straight away without even saying good luck or hi are kinda scary) but I do find it a lot of fun, and when you meet some of the more light-hearted players you can have some really fun duels! In one duel I happened to be matched up in it was my Batteryman deck against his Verz deck, and we managed to create a whole dramatic story surrounding the duel including a trio of star-crossed lovers in Batteryman AAA, his twin that couldn't be without him, and an Evilswarm Ophion who just wanted nothing more than a hug. If you don't do random match-ups then I'd say it's definitely worth trying, just for moments like this haha. I admit the serious people are incredibly off-putting, but if you just relax and take it slow it's fine, even if they're telling you to hurry up they can just quit if they don't like it haha. That being said however, I do much prefer duelling people I know, it's a heck of a lot more fun that way. I'd choose duelling friends over duelling random strangers any day haha.

PS: Your Geargia deck is really interesting, I'd love to see it in action some time :o

So I've been using my Batteryman deck pretty much non-stop recently and I'm just in love with them, they're proving to be such a good deck. They're not 100% reliable which I'm working on - there have been a fair few occasions of drawing only tribute summon monsters and spells/traps that won't help, but 90% of the time they're able to hold their own incredibly well. They've taken down decks like Elemental Dragons (admittedly that guy wasn't 100% on how to use the dragons, but still!), Mermail, Prophecy, and Madolche, so I couldn't want much more from them.

The main strategy I use for them is building up their ATK with each other's effects and using Fuel Cell and Industrial Strength for some reliable field control, alongside their endlessly useful support cards like Short Circuit to clear the field completely when you have 3+ Batteryman cards on the field. Combos like Micro Cell D, Charger and Inferno Reckless Summon make it pretty easy to get Short Circuit into motion (although honestly all you really need is Micro Cell D to survive a turn face-down and another monster in your hand at the time), but even when you can't rely on spells the batteries have incredible swarming abilities and an endless way of boosting each other's stats and using each other's effects, so they're definitely a favourite of mine at the moment. Currently I'm looking for ways to monopolise their swarming potential a tad more for when you can't reliably draw spells like Short Circuit or Judgement of Thunder, so XYZs would be the best choice, but none that I'm using thus far are being a huge help bar Corn Ship and Utopia haha. Will post updates if I think of any!

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I've recently brought my Beatdown deck from the grave and been playing it for fun. I tuned it up to date a bit and surprisingly it's winning a lot, lol. Since most decks now relies on their monsters effects and with my Skill Drain in play in utterly destroys them :P

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Username: Alternative
Favourite Yu-Gi-Oh! Deck: I've always been a fan of the Warrior decks, especially Elemental Heroes or the one which combines them with Spellcasters which I've seen. But I haven't the slightest clue on what's fresh now.
Favourite card: I've never really thought about it, my favourite back when I was young was Swordsman of Landstar. Buuuuut if I had to say now maybe Elemental Hero Burstinatrix? I don't know many cards now. :P
Do you have a Youtube Yu-Gi-Oh! channel? Nope

I really do hope it's alright for me to be here, since I have no knowledge of the official game outside the Xbox Arcade game I downloaded a while ago and decided to run Elemental Heroes on there. I guess that counts? xD But anyway it's really because of friends that I've been just looking into this again, the competitive scene was fun and wouldn't mind getting back into it. I only chose Elemental Heroes because they're relatively easy to use and just learning the game.

I've never really competitively bought any cards, nor do I plan to since I have no idea where any local tournaments would be held. I know there's a card shop near me but I think they specialize in MtG. I'll just stick with Duelling Network for now to get a handle on the game before trying to buy cards and building a more professional deck.

One more thing, I haven't really been in the game since Zexal and the XYZ summons were introduced, so I don't know much about these Geargia and Madolche decks you've been speaking of. All I know is last time I played it there was some card which seemed overpowered to me and it was a field which made every attack to fairy monsters result in 0 LP.

I guess that's enough about me. :)

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I had a wonderful time on DN will the wonderful Alex. Albeit being a little rusty it was still a cracker of a time. Currently I'm running a Red Eyes B.Dragon deck, along with a semi-burn deck and my main deck, Gravekeepers.

Back