• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reygok

Beginning Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2016
Hi again, I'd like to know how many full size maps fit in FireRed? I plan on creating 3 seperate Islands, with 5-6 Cities each and over 50 Routes. Is this possible? If not, is there a possibility to increase the size of the Rom?

Thanks for all answers :)

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Does anyone know how I can change the pokemon professor oak shows in his introduction (the nidoran f) in FR?

Tool by MewThree Inc(?) called IntroEd.

Edit: Whoops, already answered:)

Hi again, I'd like to know how many full size maps fit in FireRed? I plan on creating 3 seperate Islands, with 5-6 Cities each and over 50 Routes. Is this possible? If not, is there a possibility to increase the size of the Rom?

Thanks for all answers :)

Easily, the max, not counting Data size limits, is about 65,000. Granted, some maps will take up a lot of bytes, but you should be fine.

Last edited:

TweenyTodd

Quitting cuz i got a job
Years
Would it be possible to add a 4th world map to FR?
It doesn't seem possible, or else someone would already have done it.

kj3400

Wants a Magneton for a Charger
Years
  • Seen May 11, 2014
I've been looking everywhere, but I don't see any specific guidance so I wanted to settle it once and for all. What exactly is the lowest flag number you can use assuming I'm using the Hacked engine by JPAN?

karatekid552

Years
I've been looking everywhere, but I don't see any specific guidance so I wanted to settle it once and for all. What exactly is the lowest flag number you can use assuming I'm using the Hacked engine by JPAN?

With the hacked engine: 28. On DavidJCobbs list, anything that says "Used for cut tree in ___" or "Used for rock smash bolder in ____" (or the like) is temporary, and can't be used, even if you have nothing there.

Flags that pertain to story events are good though, those you can use.

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
I've run into a problem with Walking Scripts on JPAN's hacked engine. As long as a Walking Script is functioning, repel will never wear off. Presumably, this is because (according to JPAN's guide) the Walking Script code blocks low-leveled walking events from occurring. This problem also prevents wild encounters, but JPAN got around it by making a couple of specials that call the random water/grass battle generators from the Walking Script to make it work.

So my question is, is there any way I can call the repel check (or whatever it is) from my walking script? It seems possible in some way or another, but does anybody have any idea about how to do it?

karatekid552

Years
I've run into a problem with Walking Scripts on JPAN's hacked engine. As long as a Walking Script is functioning, repel will never wear off. Presumably, this is because (according to JPAN's guide) the Walking Script code blocks low-leveled walking events from occurring. This problem also prevents wild encounters, but JPAN got around it by making a couple of specials that call the random water/grass battle generators from the Walking Script to make it work.

So my question is, is there any way I can call the repel check (or whatever it is) from my walking script? It seems possible in some way or another, but does anybody have any idea about how to do it?

My thoughts are you could run the ASM routine which checks for repel steps left using the callasm command in the script. Though, you would need to have a little bit of ASM knowledge to find that routine and call it and make sure it returns to your script when it is done.

Me and FBI branched this routine a while back to make Pokémon gain HP every step, though, for the life of me, I can't remember where it was, sorry.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Does anybody know how to skip the credits in FR using ASM or Byte Editing? I want to skip it without a press of a button or anything, just skip it.

karatekid552

Years
Does anybody know how to skip the credits in FR using ASM or Byte Editing? I want to skip it without a press of a button or anything, just skip it.

I believe it is built into special 0x110 which also does the hall of fame. Let me check.

Edit: Yes, it does do both, and special 0x1A5 just plays the credits. There is no "just hall of fame" special. So, you would have to do some ASM/byte editing to skip them.

Last edited:

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
karatekid552 said:
My thoughts are you could run the ASM routine which checks for repel steps left using the callasm command in the script. Though, you would need to have a little bit of ASM knowledge to find that routine and call it and make sure it returns to your script when it is done.

Me and FBI branched this routine a while back to make Pokémon gain HP every step, though, for the life of me, I can't remember where it was, sorry.

I hoped this might be possible, but unfortunately I don't have any knowledge of ASM. However, I did find this page by JPAN that has some information on repel...but I'm not really sure of what to make of the information. Might this be the routine I would be looking for?

karatekid552

Years
I hoped this might be possible, but unfortunately I don't have any knowledge of ASM. However, I did find this page by JPAN that has some information on repel...but I'm not really sure of what to make of the information. Might this be the routine I would be looking for?

The first routine is the "player used repel" routine that happens when you use it in the bag. Let me look farther. BTW, possibly one of my favorite threads on PC. It is what I used to write my evolution stone tut:p.

I don't see the outside of bag routine in there. It wouldn't be too hard for me to find where the byte is that decreases with each step. Then I could trace it back a little bit. Maybe I have that old routine laying around somewhere....

Edit: yeah, I found the routine, but I neglected to write down where it goes.... Damn.

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
karatekid552 said:
Edit: yeah, I found the routine, but I neglected to write down where it goes.... Damn.

Well, if you didn't write down where it goes, how might I go about finding it? I really have no clue how to pinpoint an ASM routine :\

Thanks for your help!

karatekid552

Years
Well, if you didn't write down where it goes, how might I go about finding it? I really have no clue how to pinpoint an ASM routine :\

Thanks for your help!

I can explain it, but if you don't know ASM, it will be really tough.

1) Use a Max repel. Then open up the create cheat function in VBA and use that to pinpoint the location of the step counter which will decrease (255, 254, 253....) with each step. Just give it a quick youtube, it is fairly simple to use.

2) Set a breakpoint on read of that location. This will be the point at which the game says, "Hmm, he has 25 steps left, continue..." And then later, "Oh! 0 steps left, play message." If you can work backwards from here by following the routine back, you will eventually find where it begins. However, if you can't read ASM, you won't know where that point is.:p

My best advice: if you are serious about hacking, hit up both HackMew's and shinyquagsire's ASM tutorials. From there, read JPAN's documentation and start experimenting. It is a lot, I know, but it is deffinately worth it.

Here is some useful stuff (Darthatron, FBI, and I all use it, probobly more people too):

Instruction reference: https://ece.uwaterloo.ca/~ece222/ARM/ARM7-TDMI-manual-pt3.pdf

JPAN's doc: http://www.pokecommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47767&d=1247104157

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
karatekid552 said:
I can explain it, but if you don't know ASM, it will be really tough.

1) Use Max repel. The open up the create cheat function in VBA and use that to pinpoint the location of the step counter which will decrease (255, 254, 253....) with each step. Just give it a quick youtube, it is fairly simple to use.

2) Set a breakpoint on read of that location. This will be the point at which the game says, "Hmm, he has 25 steps left, continue..." And then later, "Oh! 0 steps left, play message." If you can work backwards from here by following the routine back, you will eventually find where it begins. However, if you can't read ASM, you won't know where that point is.:p

My best advice: if you are serious about hacking, hit up both HackMew's and shinyquagsire's ASM tutorials. From there, read JPAN's documentation and start experimenting. It is a lot, I know, but it is deffinately worth it.

Here is some useful stuff (Darthatron, FBI, and I all use it, probobly more people too):

Instruction reference: https://ece.uwaterloo.ca/~ece222/ARM...manual-pt3.pdf

JPAN's doc: http://www.pokecommunity.com/attachm...7&d=1247104157

Well, I'll give it a shot but I doubt it will work for me. I've looked at lots of ASM tutorials before but never really understood any of them.

Thanks anyways!

EDIT: Just for clarification, what do you mean by "follow the routine back?"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back