• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Every time you go to the beach to swim, what Water Type Pokémon would you bring along

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
Every time you decide to go to the beach to go swimming, what Water Type Pokémon would you bring along to play with at the beach and/or swim with at the beach?

I'd bring a Samurott

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Dewgong! It'll be so fun to swim with, especially in cold water since it's part ice-type. With Dewgong, I wouldn't be scared of cold water anymore and I can just cool off in ease. Plus, Dewgong could act like a jet ski and I could ski across the ocean. <3

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Wartortle. We could play and have fun because at least according to the anime they are pretty mischevous and playful, iirc. And I could easily surf on its back if I trained or taught it a HM which would be pretty nifty. Squirtle would be too tiny for that, while Blastoise would be a bit too large to play well with.

Years
I'll admit that I'm a pretty poor swimmer, so I think I'd like to have a Lapras out there with me, in case anything were to happen. I wouldn't mind riding on its back across the water either, as it'd be like having my very own living, environmentally friendly jet ski.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I do hang around the pool every now and then during summer, but I'm not that great when it comes to swimming. If I were to go swimming at the beach, I'd have to choose a Pokémon that I could heavily rely on.

For me, Kingdra would have to be the perfect swimming partner. It's a very fast Pokémon, so if I held on to it tightly, it would be able to take me from one point of the beach to another within just a couple of seconds. Also, since seahorses like Kingdra mostly live underwater, maybe it could take me under the ocean on some occasion and show me around its favorite places. n__n

Last edited:

White Raven

Working on The Mysterious Meteorite
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 1, 2015
I would bring Sharpedo to play tricks.

Orifiel

Priestess
Years
I don't like water types but.. *throws a Pokeball*
*Wailord went out* I choose Wailord to come with me.
I feel a lot safer with a large ocean-like whale.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
Ew I hate swimming. I'd just surf on a Wailmer or (because no one will notice lawl) Palkia into the sea.

Sirfetch’d

Jellicent ofc! Jellicent is my favorite Water type, so I'd see no reason to to bring him along as my beach companion.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Totodile! It's one of my absolute favorite Pokemon and I think it would be a blast to play with on the beach. I'm a fairly good swimmer so I don't really need a Pokemon to support me but if I did I would also bring Wartortle. Would also be a blast to have on the beach and would likely be more suitable to float with in the water than a Totodile.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
Qwilfish/Skrelp, because I like to see if I can tolerate poisoned water
Blastoise/Carracosta, as these Pokemon have a hard shell so that I can practice my surfing skills. I might also want to bring Shellos if there was a pool near the beach. Shellos might be a good idea for emergency situations because it has the Sticky Hold ability to pick me up just in case if I drown.

Back