• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

That Silly Proctor!!!!

Amy-chan

Has vacated the premises
Years
I was playing at recess today. Me and my friends were pretending we were Pokemon. Then some proctor came up to us and said that we aren't allowed to play Pokemon. How angry I was!! When we asked her why, she just said it was against the rules and refused to explain why. We didn't break any of the estimated 999,999,999,999,999,999 rules. Who else has met people like that?

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
um... a very long time ago during the Pokemon "Golden Age", a lot of people wants to be famous and well known. So they do all they can to rid this great popular show in order to leave a name in the record of history (and they tried that too to Harry Potter).

One of those weird and pointless argument is that kids are "possessed" by the show, pretending to be a Pokemon. They will lose their identity until one day they will lose their mind as a human being, or some mumble jumbo like that. Their evidence is that one kid died pretending to be a pidgey and fly out the window, only to have his neck got caught in those bars between the window, suffocating to death. (but really did Pokemon killed this kid? i think not...)

so this is a possible reason... or maybe the proctor just hated pokemon... *shrugs*

Pika-mew, listen: THE WORLD IS STUPID

jynx

Er.../eh...
Years
pika-mew said:
I was playing at recess today. Me and my friends were pretending we were Pokemon. Then some proctor came up to us and said that we aren't allowed to play Pokemon. How angry I was!! When we asked her why, she just said it was against the rules and refused to explain why. We didn't break any of the estimated 999,999,999,999,999,999 rules. Who else has met people like that?
Where were you then?
Where does he/she get the right of stopping people play Pokemon?
Pokemon is not illegal!
I'd kick that person instantly if I were you!

What does proctor mean?

Amy-chan

Has vacated the premises
Years
jynx said:
Where were you then?
Where does he/she get the right of stopping people play Pokemon?
Pokemon is not illegal!
I'd kick that person instantly if I were you!

What does proctor mean?
I was in school, it was a school proctor, and if I'd have kicked her, I would be suspended.But I felt like giving her a piece of my mind.

Years
Along with Pokemon's Golden Age came the over religous people that thought it was "evil". These people said that Magic the Gathering, Dragon Ball, all animes are work of the devil... bunch of crazy gits

jynx

Er.../eh...
Years
pika-mew said:
I was in school, it was a school proctor, and if I'd have kicked her, I would be suspended.But I felt like giving her a piece of my mind.
Oh, I see...
That's really silly though.

Hey, are you the Pika-mew from pkmn.co.uk?

punkie90

You can call me PK!
Years
at my school no - one plays pokemon! i'm in middle school! god for bid i would be sop laphed at!

even the kids one year older than me in 9th grad OhGOD if they did that, the would get jumped!

Amy-chan

Has vacated the premises
Years
punkie90 said:
at my school no - one plays pokemon! i'm in middle school! god for bid i would be sop laphed at!

even the kids one year older than me in 9th grad OhGOD if they did that, the would get jumped!
I'm just a silly 10-year-old and I usually do nothing at recess but wait until the whistle blows. We looked pretty dumb playing that but we don't have anything else to do. If we play tag, someone tells us not to. If we race, someone tells us not to. So who would blame us? Also, please don't use curse words.

Years
  • Age 35
  • NY
  • Seen Mar 20, 2013
So, what is a proctor? I know jynx already asked, but it didn't seem like he/she got an answer. (Sorry jynx, I don't know which you are.) I remember when Pokemon was popular. Everyone played it in lunch. We didn't have recess from 3rd grade on up, so we couldn't play it then. Finally the teachers decided it was "getting out of hand" and confiscated all the cards we had with us. We didn't see them again until the end of the school year. Unless you were extra good and promised not to bring them again. Now I'm the only one still playing, well, collecting, seems how I have no one to battle against.

Amy-chan

Has vacated the premises
Years
WillowMage said:
So, what is a proctor? I know jynx already asked, but it didn't seem like he/she got an answer. (Sorry jynx, I don't know which you are.) I remember when Pokemon was popular. Everyone played it in lunch. We didn't have recess from 3rd grade on up, so we couldn't play it then. Finally the teachers decided it was "getting out of hand" and confiscated all the cards we had with us. We didn't see them again until the end of the school year. Unless you were extra good and promised not to bring them again. Now I'm the only one still playing, well, collecting, seems how I have no one to battle against.
A school proctor is a person who patrols around the school and when someone does anything that's against the rules she comes over and tells them not to do it. My school was great until 5th grade. Then instead of having about 20 reasonable rules it had about 999,999,999,999,999,999 unreasonable ones.

jynx

Er.../eh...
Years
punkie90 said:

Well, I'm in Secondary school too!And I'm even near to my GCSEs!
My school never stops me from playing Pokemon (though I don't often play it)
I downloaded bunches of Pokemon songs and I am ALWAYS on Pokemon sites!

I still don't understand why they can stop you from playing Pokemon!
Everyone has thier own right to do what they want. No one has the right to take away your freedom!

Amy-chan

Has vacated the premises
Years
jynx said:

Everyone has thier own right to do what they want. No one has the right to take away your freedom!
What are we supposed to do about it, go on strike?

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
jynx said:

Rules always work like this, even for this forum. The "host" makes up these laws/rules that he/she thinks is reasonable. He/She has a bunch of people to enforce it. You may complain all day long about freedom of rights, but, in reality it's nothing but this:

"You either obey them, or get out of here."

if you don't like the rules, go somewhere where those rules don't exist. Reality is cruel.

Rift

Let's Venture Onward!
Years
If any of my friends knew i still like Pokemon theyd probly beat me up until i didnt like it! even though a couple of my friends "Secretly" like it! XD and plus im in Junior High! no recess for me! :P

PFrog

Creator of PFrog.CJB.net
Years
Sapphire Latios said:
If any of my friends knew i still like Pokemon theyd probly beat me up until i didnt like it! even though a couple of my friends "Secretly" like it! XD and plus im in Junior High! no recess for me! :P
Hey I'm in High School, but most of my friends (descretely) like it.

-PFrog

Back