• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Rival name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I'm not sure yet, but chances are it'll be some generic boy's name, perhaps taken from a relative I don't get along with too well. That way I'll have few qualms about throttling him in combat, lol

I'm kinda past the stage of giving him an offensive/insulting name xD

TY

I always call my rival after the most hated PS3 player in my life...
Why? cause that guy made me piss MW3 off...

BlankPoints

Dumb Apples
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 3, 2023
His battle theme reminds me of a Megaman game,s o I'm on the fence about naming him Megaman. My choices now are Bono and Megaman. I almost wish they decided a name for us, that way it wouldn't be too hard to name him! ;;

Well I won't go with Bono but I must admit it reminds me of Megaman. So maybe Chaud from the Battle Network Series or Geo from the Starforce Series but I think the name Chaud is pretty awesome and my preferred choice.

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2013
Seeing as I don't have any sort of standard name for the rival characters, I do hope that he's given a default one.
Otherwise, I'll probably just choose the name of a friend of mine. Or whatever comes to mind when the menu pops up, I guess.

Aussie Riolu

What is anything to a Riolu?
Years
In the Japanese version, I'll be calling my rival: コーディ (Cody). I dunno why, a friend of mine suggested it and I like it. In the English version, I'll probably pick a default name or something.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
I'll probably name him whatever his actual name is, that's what I've usually done. If it isn't revealed or known by the time I play the game I'll probably think of something lame on the spot.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I'll probably name him the default name if available. If not, I think I might want to recycle a name from a list of preset names for past protagonists :P

GatlingIza

Greetle bust
Years
I use default name or "Adell" protagonist from Disgaea 2 the reason is I Miss that game! :(
meh.... i still can play Pokemon Black & White 2 Soon!
:D

Last edited:

mirceabest

Being Stupid Is Not Cool
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 4, 2012
His name will be Andrei (my best friend's name). I named every rival like this so it's like a tradition. But I don't know if you can actually name your rival in B2 & W2.

Years
Normally when playing a Pokemon game I name my Rival the opposite of the game I'm playing (and subsequently what I name my player). So for example I'd name my player Pearl and my Rival Diamond.
However seeing as I'll be playing White 2, I'm certainly not planning on naming my rival "Black2". I'll see if we get a choice of Default names, and if not (or if I simply don't like those ones) then I'll just think of a name on the spot.

Years
If he has an official name, I might name him that.

Otherwise, I'd call him Tyler (as a tribute to my friend and pair TylerSymes).

Mentalii

Back
Years
I don't know if we could name him, his role seems to be major in the game, like N's :/
But if we have to, I'll call him by his official name, as I always do that.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
I can't wait to find out the default name for this rival already. :[ Whatever it is, will be the name I give him. u_u I'm really not that creative when it comes to naming protagonists/rivals so I just use default (and my own name for the protagonist).

Years
I'll also go with the default name - that feels the most "right" to me. Or maybe Navy since it fits imo and I really like color names. :3

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
Years
If we do get to pick our Rival's name that would be awesome since my friends were kinda bummed we couldn't in B/W. I will prob be picking up both games and one of them the rival will be Rhyder, for my real life pokemon friend and the other will be Nathan, who is another trainer friend of mine. We usually always do this if we get the chance to. It's sweet to see Rival Rhyder wants to battle.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
Years
I'm going for the default name, since I can't call him an insult due to the implemented censors in the naming process (damn you ESRB guidelines)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back