• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
Do we have to prove that we got the monthly challenge Pokemon or is it just on an honor system? I definitely haven't completed it but I'm working on a Totodile and figured if I get it I'd try for another one who can learn Rain Dance. How is everyone's hunts going? I'm really dedicating myself to the SR Totodile/Cyndaquil hunt, I got another shiny Chikorita (1257 SR) last night, saved and traded it over and started over.

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
Years
Hey guys, I am back again after disappearing... again (many of us here do that, it seems). Congrats on any shinies obtained since the last time I posted! That's probably over a thousand or so, lol. I haven't been hunting too much lately save for some soft resets for Dialga. I think I've been working on that since November or so? I'm up to 12,201 SRs but I will never give up until he sparkles. Good luck everyone!

PekoponTAS

Game Boy Advance Fan
Years
My hunts tend to alter a lot, but I think I've finally found a group of hunts I'm enjoying. Most of my favourite shinies are bug Pokemon, so I'm working on collecting them. I'm currently rotating between masuda/shiny charm for Burmy in black 2, in the hopes of getting a male one to evolve into Mothim. Currently hatched 31 eggs. I'm also rotating between hunting for bugs in Pattern Bush in Leafgreen, soft reseting for Pinsir at the game corner, and hunting for Yanma in Ruin Valley.

I actually don't really like doing Masuda method since it feels cheap, but in the case of Burmy I'm okay with it since Burmy is hard to find in the wild, AND I need it to be a specific gender to get the shiny I want. Not sure if getting the Mothim would count towards the yearly quest since I'm stacking Masuda with Shiny charm. (though it overall doesn't make THAT huge of a difference compared to regular masuda)

Seems odd that they made shiny Mothim so cool, but made shiny burmy and Wormadam so incredibly lame. : (

Years
Well 4402 resets and no yellow drifloon, im off on a trip for the week so see ya laterz! Wish you guys the best of luck.

Kitori

[FONT=impact][COLOR=#000000][I][b] V A L K Y R I E
Years
02e6a56d-e3e8-44ef-b3bb-0ea0d803deef.jpg

Not Mienfoo again... but I'll take a shiny two days in a row! 654 REs. =] AND it can learn rain dance for the monthly challenge. I'm working on a Zorua with MM now... only like 25 eggs in but hopefully my luck will stay strong. I plan on continuing the Mienfoo hunt at route 14 later where there are more other pokemon that I would like to have as shinies (Drifblim and Absol :3).

Congratulations (another Shiny?! Oh my days!)
How did your first hunted shiny feel?

Thanks! It felt pretty good! I was surprised it came so soon! With the two I've gotten I've felt a tiny surge of disappointment that they weren't the one I wanted but then I remind myself I'm lucky anything is shining for me! I know if I want specifics I should probably just use MM, but I feel like RE is more fun for some reason. ^^;

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Wow, it's been busy lately. Welcome to all new members, and congrats on all the new shinies!

Do we have to prove that we got the monthly challenge Pokemon or is it just on an honor system?

It's an honor system, but it's always good to take a picture of it.

This week's random hunt is... Sunkern! Sorry for being late.

Years
  • Seen Nov 9, 2017
got a shiny eevee and a shiny audino both random currently trying to get a shiny riolu gold ftw!!
EDIT: also can I join???

Last edited:

DashieFactory

Vivacious Deviant
Years
I'd like to join, if that's all right.

I found a Shiny Zubat while playing Pokemon Ruby Destiny: Rescue Rangers. I couldn't catch it, but it was my first shiny encounter in all my years of playing and I was really excited!

Years
Here is my shiny Totodile! It ended up being a girl so I named her Crystal. She's a relaxed nature and hates to lose and she can learn Rain Dance so that's one for the monthly challenge! Not sure who I'm going to hunt next though, that was my main hunt.

Another question for you guys, do you ever use your shiny pokemon in game play or evolve them if they can evolve?

Years
got a shiny eevee and a shiny audino both random currently trying to get a shiny riolu gold ftw!!
EDIT: also can I join???
Welcome to the club!

02e6a56d-e3e8-44ef-b3bb-0ea0d803deef.jpg

Not Mienfoo again... but I'll take a shiny two days in a row! 654 REs. =] AND it can learn rain dance for the monthly challenge. I'm working on a Zorua with MM now... only like 25 eggs in but hopefully my luck will stay strong. I plan on continuing the Mienfoo hunt at route 14 later where there are more other pokemon that I would like to have as shinies (Drifblim and Absol :3).

Thanks! It felt pretty good! I was surprised it came so soon! With the two I've gotten I've felt a tiny surge of disappointment that they weren't the one I wanted but then I remind myself I'm lucky anything is shining for me! I know if I want specifics I should probably just use MM, but I feel like RE is more fun for some reason. ^^;

Congrats once again lol! Soooo many shinies!

I'd like to join, if that's all right.

I found a Shiny Zubat while playing Pokemon Ruby Destiny: Rescue Rangers. I couldn't catch it, but it was my first shiny encounter in all my years of playing and I was really excited!
Welcome to the club!^^

Here is my shiny Totodile! It ended up being a girl so I named her Crystal. She's a relaxed nature and hates to lose and she can learn Rain Dance so that's one for the monthly challenge! Not sure who I'm going to hunt next though, that was my main hunt.

Another question for you guys, do you ever use your shiny pokemon in game play or evolve them if they can evolve?

I use them in badge quests, my Treecko & Chikorita, and I plan to have shiny teams hopefully in both my badge quests. Otherwise I just love watching them evolve! Congrats on Totodile, and welcome to the club!^^

Kitori

[FONT=impact][COLOR=#000000][I][b] V A L K Y R I E
Years
ooh unlucky I found a s'tank and it killed itself lol

oh god I found a shiny patrat I accidently miss clicked and clicked run -.-

Oh no! Double unlucky. :( Or is that double lucky for seeing them both? Maybe it just cancels out and you're neither lucky nor unlucky. Haha. ^^;

one quick question can azurill learn raindance?

Yes it can, here's a list of all the pokemon who can learn rain dance: http://www.serebii.net/attackdex-bw/raindance.shtml

Congrats on the totodile! As for your question - I used the shiny flaafy I found in heartgold and then was disappointed when it evolved to ampharos... While it's purple, and that should satisfy me, I thought the shiny flaafy was just so cute. I should have left it alone. ^^; I haven't used any other shiny in game except to build my competitive teams... and those have been shinies I've had traded from other people. I guess it would depend on if I like how it looks evolved?

...As for my hunts! I switched over to trying to get a shiny zorua with MM, but I got bored really quickly. I've done about 120 eggs so far... I don't think I'll give up but I think it will be an extended project between RE hunts. I find RE much more enjoyable from what I've tried at this point. I've restarted my mienfoo hunt at route 14 and I'm 350 REs in so far. I've also given chimchar a few SRs on my platinum but I'm thinking REs are my hunting method of choice after trying them all. ^^; We'll see, I'd like to SR for shiny legendaries at some point but I'm not sure how soon that'll be.

Spritingyoshi22

That guy over there
Years
I have a question:

Once I find shiny Dialga on my Diamond version (Currently at 1853 SRs), I plan on returning to my Ralts hunt (236 eggs) but the japanese ditto i'm using was created by me on pokegen as I can't access Wi-Fi on Gen 4 games. So would that make the eventual shiny Ralts not legit or would it still be legit?

Years
I have a question:

Once I find shiny Dialga on my Diamond version (Currently at 1853 SRs), I plan on returning to my Ralts hunt (236 eggs) but the japanese ditto i'm using was created by me on pokegen as I can't access Wi-Fi on Gen 4 games. So would that make the eventual shiny Ralts not legit or would it still be legit?

It's down to the person; I don't think (sorry if I'm wrong on this) there is a rule against it in the club. I think it's just down to you^^ Good luck with both targets!

As for myself:
Firered came today, so I just restarted it and saved in front of Squirtle. That's a future hunt for sometime - but I have tons of others to get done first. Once I'm done with Moltres and Eevee, I'm gonna finish Dialga (~1k) and Kyurem (~7k) for the 4th and 5th gen legs of the Yearly Quest. Then onwards to both badgequests, and then maybe I can do Squirtle! Lol :D 11k-ish encounters so far without a shiny
My hunts:
Eevee MM - 1140
Moltres SRs - 1240
I ended up hunting Eevee till 3am last night without realising...
Whoops XD

Last edited:

DarkBreloom

Wesker Hater
Years
I am starting to hate Pokemon crystal for no reason other than I have been looking for a shiny voltorb in mahogany town for let's see......14,412 Random encounters and I found one and the first move it uses is Self-destruct....

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 9, 2017
I've had worse like poke radaring and ending up on my 39th go losing my shiny electrike
EDIT: Shock change got me another shiny audino lol too much RE's for Riolu though-.-

PekoponTAS

Game Boy Advance Fan
Years
How many of you hunt for shinies in second gen? I started playing Gold for the first time in ages and forgot just how much more I like it than heartgold. I'm currently hunting for shiny Yanma and Caterpie in it since Gold is the best option for hunting for those two. I'm also leveling up my team as I hunt Yanma. I got a call about the swarm yesterday, and it still hasn't gone away for some reason. :/

Back