• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Has anyone here beat the whole game...

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
Years
I attempted to perform a solo-run using only Piplup a few years ago in Pokemon Diamond. I was sorely disappointed with my results, as I was stomped every time I attempted to best Gardenia. Many hundreds of wasted Poke Dollars later, I abandoned this playthrough and just played normally. I would never do one of those again.

FirEmerald

Pokemon reverse engineer
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 18, 2015
I did it with a Feraligatr in Pokémon HeartGold.
True story! Feraligatr has one of the best movesets for a starter.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Red,Blue, Yellow, and Gold I only used 1 pokemon most of the time. I never use to train all my pokemon, only trained 1 pokemon. I never really found it boring though. I probably would now though.

Spade

I am the deity you call "God".
Years
I did it with a Blaziken in Emerald. I was, like, 7. That was only because I didn't know much about Pokemon, so the only pokemon I used was my Torchic, and it was the only getting levels. Mirror Move and Sky Uppercut were the two moves that helped me the most.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Never! While I do manage to get through the games, I'm usually struggling at one point or another, since I'm horrible at managing my teams. The levels are usually greatly varied, up untill the point where I either need one of the underleveled Pokemon a lot, or I just decide to even out the levels, I'm not really great at choosing suitable movesets, and usually just end up going for the strongest moves, unless I already have something that works well enough.

I just think doing a solo run would include too much grinding for me, and I'd really have to think over what moves to use, and I'm not really knowledgable in that respect. I did manage to get to the Elite 4 in Leafgreen using only my Venusaur and Clefable, but that wasn't exactly easy, and I never got any further, so I was still quite the way from completing the game. I can't imagine doing all that with one Pokemon, so I doubt I'd ever succeed if I actually tried doing a solo run :/

Short answer: No

Back